World Cup Of Pool (9-14 May2021) $250K Prizemoney

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This is one great day at the World Cup of Pool. I'm really enjoying it.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Incredible. The old men are on the hill 8-1
They are outplaying remaining highest seed Holland with their simple play and good safety game. Wheels falling off Holland especially Marc B. :D

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
With last second replacement Great Britain C on to the semis, all of the original single digit seeds (Austria, Great Britain A, Spain, Netherlands, Canada, Poland, USA, Japan, Russia) are out before the semifinal. Even 10th seeded Philippines and 11th seeded Germany still need to win their quarterfinal matches to reach the semis. Favorites beware!

Has there ever been an event where form held lass than in this event?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love this story.
Couple of old pool players from Great Britain thrashed best team of the tournament Holland 9-1 :ROFLMAO:

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My thoughts exactly as I watch the Highlight (Lowlight?) reel each day. No question the pockets are tough but so many missed shots and so many scratches on the cue ball. Some of these guys are shitting all over themselves. I like how they've opted for snooker colors on the four and five ball. Wonder how that happened. And the nine ball is butt ugly imo.
Totally agree the 9 is horrible, also don't really understand why they changed some of the colors, sure didn't make it any easier to follow.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Yup, the meltdown by Japan is complete. Sure didn't see it coming, but I was rooting for Slovakia, the darlings of this tourney. What a story it will be if the #32 seed wins this event.
Guess I'm being sexist but I thought that would have been Belarus.

Personally I couldn't have dreamt of a better pairing to win.

Reactions: sjm

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Guess I'm being sexist but I thought that would have been Belarus.

Personally I couldn't have dreamt of a better pairing to win.
Agreed, Belarus was another team that turned some heads this week.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
higher standards these last two matches, i think GB missed only one ball in theirs, and both germany and denmark are playing well too. reintjes a bit less twitchy.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
filler's twitchy partner seems well aware of his shortcomings and plays safe instead of attack. ball in hand and likely to win now

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That De Luna jumpkick on the one is leading contender for shot of tournament (y)

jumpkick.jpg

jumpkick2.jpg