World Cup of Pool - Day 4 Updates

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Thanks mate [for the stream links]!

No problem. Feel free to put them in your opening post of your update thread tomorrow if you like. Thanks for all your efforts with the updates, many appreciate it I am sure. Unfortunately I can't yet give you the greenie you deserve for all your efforts. Hopefully others are taking care of that.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Yeah, that's fair, coz that's what he does for a living and I don't. But my point was, kinda, he's doing ok this year around the US, but that doesn't make him better than Karl or quite a few others around the globe.

Karl's world 8 ball trumps anything he's achieved, and Karl could smash him on other games he's more familiar with. US is not the world center of pool... in fact, it's a sideshow to the world stage these days.

Colin
[Edit] I should add, that the challenge type matches going on in the US are the bright light for pool progress there. And that this type of format has helped SVB become near to, if not the best 9 and 10 ball player in the world atm.

OK.
1st. I never mentioned Karl in my statement about you playing Warren.
2nd. I never mentioned Warren, and what his track record here in the states is.
3rd. I never stated who I thought would beat who between Karl and Warren, or who's championships are worthy of the highest acclaim/praise.
4th I never said that the U.S. is the world center of pool, and if you knew me, you would know I am very far removed from that train of thought.

Soooo, when you are commenting on other posters about their arguments and using "logic 101" to point out how their argument isn't valid or sound, I can't help but think you must have failed that course because your reply consists mostly of stuff that I never touched on topic wise.

My only statements regarding Karl were about his commentating.
I didn't say anything regarding his ability, how that ability compares to others, or who is a better player between Karl and Warren.
My question was specifically regarding you and how you would play Warren, and that was it.

You answered that, and for that I thank you.
As for all the other stuff, it was really kinda unnecessary.
Maybe it was meant for others that WERE bringing up those topics.
I was not one of them. LOL:eek:

I will sidestep now and let you continuing you argument with those that are participating.:smile:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK.
1st. I never mentioned Karl in my statement about you playing Warren.
2nd. I never mentioned Warren, and what his track record here in the states is.
3rd. I never stated who I thought would beat who between Karl and Warren, or who's championships are worthy of the highest acclaim/praise.
4th I never said that the U.S. is the world center of pool, and if you knew me, you would know I am very far removed from that train of thought.

Soooo, when you are commenting on other posters about their arguments and using "logic 101" to point out how their argument isn't valid or sound, I can't help but think you must have failed that course because your reply consists mostly of stuff that I never touched on topic wise.

My only statements regarding Karl were about his commentating.
I didn't say anything regarding his ability, how that ability compares to others, or who is a better player between Karl and Warren.
My question was specifically regarding you and how you would play Warren, and that was it.

You answered that, and for that I thank you.
As for all the other stuff, it was really kinda unnecessary.
Maybe it was meant for others that WERE bringing up those topics.
I was not one of them. LOL:eek:

I will sidestep now and let you continuing you argument with those that are participating.:smile:

No worries mate.. very late tonight and I was collectivizing thoughts from a collection of respondents. My bad.

Just in blabbermouth mode. :wink:

Colin

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll play Colin and Karl. At the same time. Give'em both 30 points in snookah and all the breaks. Plus I'll play one handed jacked up. With my opposite hand. Blindfolded. Bet whatever you chumps want.

Side note. Why does Chang always look constipated?

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Fargo rating has Warren 8 points over Karl, but Karl has not been playing as much lately and Warren had a good year. 783 v 775. Both with over 2,000 tracked games.

I'd back Karl over Warren anywhere with independent magic racking if he's actively playing.

Karl was among top 3 in break and run in the IPT series even though he'd never played a big ball event before that. He's got heaps of talent, though he's still learning some tricks of the trade.

Colin
Tap, tap, tap.
I'm all in on Warren.
Boyes will be boys...
Alligator mouth going off from the commentator table ?

Like MFrost said about Dechaine, "I don't usually bet on people I don't like."

Dream match up:
Backing Warren over Boyes then Peach for a big prize. Losers have to STFU.

dorianm

Registered
Romania: Babken & Iaon (bald guy, pronounced Johann)

Hello there! I really don't want to upset you but the name of the Romanian player ( the bold one ) is Ioan Ladany. The real pronounce it will be something like that:[ e: one] but a little shorter e:. I make this amendment because Ioan Ladany is the best Romanian player and now, with the starting of sponsorship in our country I'm very sure you will hear some news about him. The victory against China was expected here, we know very well the potential of our players and really hope a very tough match with England... we respect our opponents but we don't have fear so it can be a very good match but that's a tricky affirmation just because there isn't an alternative break. I think that's one of the problems, the other one it will be the number of the frames to be played... maybe that's the reason of USA elimination from the competition, I'm a big fan of SVB so for me it was a disappointment but that's life. I really hope that our team will accede to semifinals but that's only a wish, the battle it will be on table. All the best from Romania!

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Tap, tap, tap.
I'm all in on Warren.
Boyes will be boys...
Alligator mouth going off from the commentator table ?

Like MFrost said about Dechaine, "I don't usually bet on people I don't like."

Dream match up:
Backing Warren over Boyes then Peach for a big prize. Losers have to STFU.

It's one of my golden rules of pool!

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello there! I really don't want to upset you but the name of the Romanian player ( the bold one ) is Ioan Ladany. The real pronounce it will be something like that:[ e: one] but a little shorter e:. I make this amendment because Ioan Ladany is the best Romanian player and now, with the starting of sponsorship in our country I'm very sure you will hear some news about him. The victory against China was expected here, we know very well the potential of our players and really hope a very tough match with England... we respect our opponents but we don't have fear so it can be a very good match but that's a tricky affirmation just because there isn't an alternative break. I think that's one of the problems, the other one it will be the number of the frames to be played... maybe that's the reason of USA elimination from the competition, I'm a big fan of SVB so for me it was a disappointment but that's life. I really hope that our team will accede to semifinals but that's only a wish, the battle it will be on table. All the best from Romania!
Thanks, I was curious about the proper pronunciation of his name. Like a quick Eewun... I can grasp that.

Colin

Last edited:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll play Colin and Karl. At the same time. Give'em both 30 points in snookah and all the breaks. Plus I'll play one handed jacked up. With my opposite hand. Blindfolded. Bet whatever you chumps want.

Side note. Why does Chang always look constipated?
I'll give your mom a face slapping!

Just messin' :thumbup:

Colin

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hasn't Boyes been a part-time pool player the last couple years? And he still has the audacity to hop in the booth and talk smack about players that would run him over now?