WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 June2021) Champion $50K

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had to switch to watching DAZN on my desktop browser. The app was crashing my FireStick 4K. Causing hard freezes and even resulting in "No Device" error messages on the HDMI port, forcing me to hard reboot it.
similar- I have 2 sources of getting Dazn on the big screen and both were useless for over 30 min.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
At one of the BCA's Hopkins was up 10-0 on Efren. After that Alan just couldn't get out and at the end Alan was riding the cheese-lol. Efren won.
Amazingly enough, I was watching that match, but it was not a stream table match. Approx 2000.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some good pool coming this week.

Best thing is...gives US players something to watch at work, when it's quiet of course.

2021 WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE​

DateTime (ET)Session
June 68:00 a.m.Day 1 Session 1
June 61:30 p.m.Day 1 Session 2
June 7 8:00 a.m.Day 2 Session 1
June 71:30 p.m.Day 2 Session 2
June 8 8:00 a.m.Day 3 Session 1
June 82:00 p.m.Day 3 Session 2
June 98:00 a.m.Day 4 Session 1
June 92:00 p.m. Day 4 Session 2
June 108:00 a.m.Quarter-Finals
June 10 2:00 p.m.Semi-Finals and Final

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Jasmin Ouschan competing for Austria.
Not trying to comment on her looks.
Her pro pool game is consistent.

A6751D7A-DC7C-45B1-9C4B-1BF39985E92A.png

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I hope matchroom does some really nice close up shots. These photos would be consider like high school yearbook level photos.

How often will these players be in a staged production like this?

However very few shots are taken as closeups in good lighting.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The loose pockets further devalue what was already a devalued world championship. Disappointed about this. Perhaps Matchroom felt that this less than truly elite field needed loose pockets, but I disagree.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Wow, I'm glad this is almost over. Listening to Tkach and Yates trying over and over to make excuses for Albin has been pretty painful. Gomez and Ouschan are about 20 points apart in Fargo rate, yet we're practically being asked to view this as a monumental upset. With almost no Asians in the field, why not give a little love to the few who are present. Wow, Gomez just misfired on an easy shot two balls form the finish line. Albin still in with a chance at 8-2.

Tkach predicted there will be a nine pack, maybe even more than one, in this event. Yes, the pockets are much easier than at the World Pool Masters, where nobody managed a four pack, but it seems unlikely. If it turns out she's right, I might have to hire her as my stockbroker.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the the producers are telling them to play up the packages to build drama. They were talking about 7 and outs at the WPM too.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The loose pockets further devalue what was already a devalued world championship. Disappointed about this. Perhaps Matchroom felt that this less than truly elite field needed loose pockets, but I disagree.
Yeah it was odd to see the success of two weeks ago abandoned. The explanation may be that this was the big roll out of the new Predator tables, and there was just too short of a time frame in between the two tournaments to adjust the pocket sizes of these new tables.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some good pool coming this week.

Best thing is...gives US players something to watch at work, when it's quiet of course.

2021 WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE​

DateTime (ET)Session
June 68:00 a.m.Day 1 Session 1
June 61:30 p.m.Day 1 Session 2
June 78:00 a.m.Day 2 Session 1
June 71:30 p.m.Day 2 Session 2
June 88:00 a.m.Day 3 Session 1
June 82:00 p.m.Day 3 Session 2
June 98:00 a.m.Day 4 Session 1
June 92:00 p.m.Day 4 Session 2
June 108:00 a.m.Quarter-Finals
June 102:00 p.m.Semi-Finals and Final
On June 6th (today) it started at 7AM ET so im not sure id rely on that schedule.