WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 June2021) Champion $50K

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Naoyuki Oi he plays for Japan.

Pool championships are historical.
People getting together peacefully to play pool.
6E1EEC68-4483-4D9A-B40C-27930157B12D.png

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Maybe it's just me, but Gomez seems to struggle closing out matches. Still a favorite to win the match, but it should have been 9-1
Agreed. Albin will have quite the story if he finds a way to win.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, I'm glad this is almost over. Listening to Tkach and Yates trying over and over to make excuses for Albin has been pretty painful. Gomez and Ouschan are about 20 points apart in Fargo rate, yet we're practically being asked to view this as a monumental upset. With almost no Asians in the field, why not give a little love to the few who are present. Wow, Gomez just misfired on an easy shot two balls form the finish line. Albin still in with a chance at 8-2.

Tkach predicted there will be a nine pack, maybe even more than one, in this event. Yes, the pockets are much easier than at the World Pool Masters, where nobody managed a four pack, but it seems unlikely. If it turns out she's right, I might have to hire her as my stockbroker.
9 pack or set runoff are like once in a blue moon.
As it is already quite a lot of big packs today..SVB and Sanjin 6 pack , Dimitri Jango 5 pack, must be some more which commentators unaware of
Would have prefered they use same pocket size as WCOP and WPM
Maybe it's just me, but Gomez seems to struggle closing out matches. Still a favorite to win the match, but it should have been 9-1
Right on. Gomez is not a closer. He led Daryl Peach 15-12 in race to 17 in last Matchroom World championship but blew it.
He also miss 9 ball that would have won him match to get into Winners final of CLP recently. He should change his nickname :ROFLMAO:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Any news on how Karl Boyes is playing? Although Karl is not a favorite, he has surprised me more than a few times.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes this is his best chance. If he does not meet Filler. :D
SVB most impressive of the top guns in Round 1. Filler performance second best.

Nice. That would be most evenly matched TV match of the day
It's his best chance if he does meet Filler as he wont have to meet Chang, Wu and any KO (for starters) also.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Mixed bag for Connecticut residents. Lukas Fracasso Verner lost to Karl Boyes, Jayson Shaw just got sent to the losers bracket, but Jeremy Sossei, a great but often overlooked player, is on to the single elimination after beating David Alcaide.

Sossei played in the shadow of Dechaine and Shaw for years on the Joss Tour, but he was the Joss Tour's third best player when those two were dominating.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Mixed bag for Connecticut residents. Lukas Fracasso Verner lost to Karl Boyes, Jayson Shaw just got sent to the losers bracket, but Jeremy Sossei, a great but often overlooked player, is on to the single elimination after beating David Alcaide.

Sossei played in the shadow of Dechaine and Shaw for years on the Joss Tour, but he was the Joss Tour's third best player when those two were dominating.
Great win for Jeremy.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Albin suddenly playing up a storm. I'm enjoying this comeback. I don't think I've ever seen a comeback from 8-0 in a race to nine on a stream table in all my years around the game. Maybe today's the day.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Albin suddenly playing up a storm. I'm enjoying this comeback. I don't think I've ever seen a comeback from 8-0 in a race to nine on a stream table in all my years around the game. Maybe today's the day.

It's been a fun watch. Coming back from 8-0 is a tall order to fill, but if I had to choose a group of players in this field that would have the best chance, I think Albin would have to be near the top of that list.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Haven't seen most of these guys for 15 months. Amazing and to me somewhat sad how many have aged.

BlueRaider

Registered
Had to switch to watching DAZN on my desktop browser. The app was crashing my FireStick 4K. Causing hard freezes and even resulting in "No Device" error messages on the HDMI port, forcing me to hard reboot it.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

At one of the BCA's Hopkins was up 10-0 on Efren. After that Alan just couldn't get out and at the end Alan was riding the cheese-lol. Efren won.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Albin 7-8. He has such a strong mental game that he is playing like he is the one leading. Gomez playing loose shots and under pressure like he is the trailing