WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 June2021) Champion $50K

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Shane is playing the best game of his life yet he didn't make past the 16th round, this goes to show you that what I've been saying for yrs is true. This game is mostly about randomness and rolls.

It doesn't matter if you're at a skill of 10/10 or 9.5/10 or even 8/10 - an 8/10 can beat the 10/10 player if things go well, I don't want to use the letter for grading players because I don't want to get into the dilemma of AAA++ and A,B,C like the other thread. All I am saying here that if levels of players are at pro level or almost-like-pro, its a tossup depending on rolls with the player himself or rolls against his opponent.

Ill repeat, Shane is playing flawlessly and he was beat by a decent player but not his level also not to mention his tilted awkward head and stance (His opponent), I didn't watch the match but properly everything went with that player and most things went against Shane, anyway the game is mostly about randomness of what happens in the set itself.

Lets not start on long races, thanks.
I'm going to have to agree with you that SVB appears to me to be in great form. Early in this last match he looked in complete control of the table and he looked unbeatable.

I think the turning point was when his opponent fluked one safety after another against Shane. That seemed to take the wind out of his sails, and then his opponent really started to play solid. Shane then started missing a couple balls, and the rest is history.

It goes to show you how the momentum in a match can swing. Watching SVB this week, I was sure he would go further than he did, and maybe finally win this tournament, and I'm willing to bet that he thought so too!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to have to agree with you that SVB appears to me to be in great form. Early in this last match he looked in complete control of the table and he looked unbeatable.

I think the turning point was when his opponent fluked one safety after another against Shane. That seemed to take the wind out of his sails, and then his opponent really started to play solid. Shane then started missing a couple balls, and the rest is history.

It goes to show you how the momentum in a match can swing. Watching SVB this week, I was sure he would go further than he did, and maybe finally win this tournament, and I'm willing to bet that he thought so too!
He wouldnt have gotten much credit for it if he did. This is just a padded Euro Tour event.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha
Oliver Szolnoki going on giant killing spree about to knock out Fargo highest rated Francesco Sanchez Ruiz. Now leads 9-3 . His break must be the best of the quarterfinalists. I think he is running a pack on Ruiz not sure how many.

tenor.gif

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lechher had a good break, making 3 balls, but as he goes to get his playing cue, tries to grab his chalk and knocks it on the table, where the three ball runs into it. Ball in hand for Alcaide.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha
Oliver Szolnoki going on giant killing spree about to knock out Fargo highest rated Francesco Sanchez Ruiz. Now leads 9-3 . His break must be the best of the quarterfinalists. I think he is running a pack on Ruiz not sure how many.

tenor.gif

sanchez ruiz is mounting a comeback, 9-6 now

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
He wouldnt have gotten much credit for it if he did. This is just a padded Euro Tour event.
I wouldn’t call it padded...Matchroom did a marvellous job putting this together under the circumstances.
20 or 30 top players missing.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sky B&R leads to a 2-0 advantage. He's putting the cue ball exactly where he needs it. Looking like he's doing 2 rail position drills.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Who are these dumb dumbs that dont know Earl won the WPC in Cardiff a Matchroom event THIS century, well after Archer won in the USA under fly-by-night productions?
Yeah, it was as memorable a World 9-ball Championship as we've ever seen with Earl and Francisco producing a classic in the final.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unlucky scratch on the break by Sky as cue ball gets kicked into the corner pocket. Albin running out and somehow misses a very makeable 6. Sky finishes it off for a 3-0 lead.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Oliver just won over Sanchez...no sound, so no idea of the score. Go Sky!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Oliver --- not just a great musical but also a great pool player.

A guy named Ortmann can testify to the fact that a guy named Oliver can win the World Championship. Based on Fargo, Szolnoki is not among the world's top 100 players. What a great story he has been writing.

Sky 3 Albin 0. Go Sky go!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lowest ranked hungry Oliver from Hungary upsets remaining high rated Ruiz 11-9 and is through to semi. So Albin is only 800 left :LOL: