WORLD POOL (nineball) CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 April2022), UK, Winner $60K

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WPC2022 front.jpg

The pool party continues -crossing over to Europe next Wed (6 April) for the big one, The World Pool (nineball) Championship in UK.

Field
21 X Fargo 800
Superb field. Same cast of top players as World 10 Ball Championship except this one includes Joshua Filler, Dennis Orcollo and excludes Carlo Biado, Lee Van Corteza

Format
Stage 1 : 128 players Double Elimination (Race to 9)
Stage 2 : 64 Players Single Elimination (Race to 11), Final (Race to 13)
Winner Breaks

form11.JPG

session tables.JPG

Prizemoney/ Payouts
w9b payouts.JPG

Bracket

Watch ( 2 Tables- Main Table 1 Paid and Table 2 Free Youtube)

watch9.JPG

Event Links

https://matchroompool.com/worldpoolchampionship/
https://www.facebook.com/matchroompool/

Attachments

• wpc2022 draw.jpg
    wpc2022 draw.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 117
  • form11.JPG
    form11.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 98
  • session tables.JPG
    session tables.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
No rest for the weary. Many of these players will have just finished playing both the Las Vegas Open and the World 10-ball.

Good luck to all of these fine players.

Dennis Orcullo is back for the most important event of the year. Fantastic!

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No rest for the weary. Many of these players will have just finished playing both the Las Vegas Open and the World 10-ball.

Good luck to all of these fine players.

Dennis Orcullo is back for the most important event of the year. Fantastic!
Agree SJM, nice to have Dennis back where he belongs--competing in Big Tournements.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is recording of draw of tourney from Matchroom.
First they talk about seeding, rankings and such. Actual draw starts around 4:00 mark.
Most interesting 1st round match is IMHO Filler vs Melling

telinoz

Registered
Justin Sajich didn't progress much from Australia in World 10 Ball.
Ivan Meng Li, match 44. He is 3 in a row winner for Australian 9 ball championships.
Hopefully he can make a dent.

Also good to see old mate Chris Melling in this. My favourite pool player.

Lets hope the tables are level at this event...

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like Cristopher Tevez is not in this event. It would have been nice to see how well he could have followed up his fine play this past week.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honest comments by Albin
“To win it again or come close with such a top field, it would be special. It’s even sweeter when you win with all the greats in the tournament” -So he is saying if he wins this year (which has much stronger field than last year), it’s even sweeter than the win last year? :LOL:

ao.jpg

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those using DAZN to watch. Can we watch the matches on-demand later? I live in Canada and and timezone difference might make it impossible for me to watch the early session live.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Player stats:
- 20 players rated 800+
- 48 players rated 775+
- 78 players rated 750+
- 14 players rated <700
- 8 players unrated (Dino Nair, Hassan Shaaz Mohamed, Jeff Buckley, JJ Faul, Kyle Akaloo, Michal Gavinciak, Mohamed Shareef, Mycherif Zine El Abidine). Buckley is shown as a 418 but hard to believe a 418 would show up to this event.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
For those using DAZN to watch. Can we watch the matches on-demand later? I live in Canada and and timezone difference might make it impossible for me to watch the early session live.
Yes, they have replays. Sometimes they don’t have the first day up (possibly due to broadcasting issues). So if day 1 disappears after the live broadcast don’t panic yet. In general pool replays on DAZN stay up for about a week after the broadcast.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Player stats:
- 20 players rated 800+
- 48 players rated 775+
- 78 players rated 750+
- 14 players rated <700
- 8 players unrated (Dino Nair, Hassan Shaaz Mohamed, Jeff Buckley, JJ Faul, Kyle Akaloo, Michal Gavinciak, Mohamed Shareef, Mycherif Zine El Abidine). Buckley is shown as a 418 but hard to believe a 418 would show up to this event.
Good stuff here. Hard to imagine anyone below 775 medaling. Then again, a year ago, near unknown Oliver Szolnocki won bronze, so you never know.

I felt a year ago, however, that the equipment was too easy for the cream to rise to the top, and if the tables are loose again, we could see another Cinderella making a very deep run. On the other hand, if the equipment is comparable to what we got at Matchroom's last event, the Premier League Pool, the cream is sure to rise to the top and I'd guess the final will feature two players rated at least 800.

As for the guy with a 418 Fargo, perhaps he thought he had signed up for the Buckinghamshire Amateur Championship and got the paperwork wrong.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Good stuff here. Hard to imagine anyone below 775 medaling. Then again, a year ago, near unknown Oliver Szolnocki won bronze, so you never know.

I felt a year ago, however, that the equipment was too easy for the cream to rise to the top, and if the tables are loose again, we could see another Cinderella making a very deep run. On the other hand, if the equipment is comparable to what we got at Matchroom's last event, the Premier League Pool, the cream is sure to rise to the top and I'd guess the final will feature two players rated at least 800.

As for the guy with a 418 Fargo, perhaps he thought he had signed up for the Buckinghamshire Amateur Championship and got the paperwork wrong.
I think I read somewhere that the tables are 4.25”. So not as tight as the premiere league. It appears that matchroom is going with tight 4” tables for invitationals and 4.25” for the larger opens and majors.

Reactions: sjm

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think I read somewhere that the tables are 4.25”. So not as tight as the premiere league. It appears that matchroom is going with tight 4” tables for invitationals and 4.25” for the larger opens and majors.
Thanks for sharing. Interesting approach.

Also, I've never seen a tournament seeded down to 64 before. Something of an experiment from my vantage point. We'll see how it plays out, meaning whether players seeded in the 33-64 range are able to make a deep run.

Last edited: