WTB Tucker or Haley?

cab9379

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have any for sale looking for one of each, but don't know the going rate on these cues.

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Posting your budget will definitely help.

Both are extremely sought after cue makers with well-deserved reputations for craftsmanship and playability.

Good luck in your search,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunger strike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Three early, unplayed Haley cues, all really high end...

I know an older gentleman, about 84 years old, who is friends with Haley and promoted Ron's cues early on by buying up 3 of the fanciest early Haleys and displaying them at J-Town poolroom in Joplin MO. When the poolroom changed owners the man took them home. One of them is a Bushka style with inlays and all 3 are unplayed, unchalked. Ron Haley will attest to this. These are the fanciest early Haleys I believe and they are for sale. The Bushka style cue I saw at a show for I believe $6500. You can get the same cue for FAR less from this man and it is mint. He wanted to sell them together but I am sure he will deal. I will pm you his phone number. He is hard of hearing but you'll like him. He is a good friend to me.

cab9379

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bogey it says its sold, I would like to purchase one of these cues in the future but I would just like to know, out of the two makers. What are their starting prices on their cues and which one is more difficult to get. Thank you.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
228   1   0
Bogey it says its sold, I would like to purchase one of these cues in the future but I would just like to know, out of the two makers. What are their starting prices on their cues and which one is more difficult to get. Thank you.

This the way I see it... Ron has about an 8 year waiting list, and getting Murray to make you a cue is about as rare as hen's teeth. If you can find a Haley for less than $3K you better snatch it up! Good luck finding a Tucker for sale.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
This the way I see it... Ron has about an 8 year waiting list, and getting Murray to make you a cue is about as rare as hen's teeth. If you can find a Haley for less than $3K you better snatch it up! Good luck finding a Tucker for sale.
Ron is way behind his List:mad:
He said to me 25 are before me and I was on his list for THIS Year:eek::mad:
Ralf

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ron is way behind his List:mad:
He said to me 25 are before me and I was on his list for THIS Year:eek::mad:
Ralf

Shouldn't matter. Once you get the cue, you'll forget the wait. Ron's cues are second to none and worth ANY wait.

To the original poster... I have a cocobolo into birdseye 4 point HALEY for sale. If you're interested, PM me. I'll get you some specs, pics, price, etc..

B

cab9379

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry but why are Tuckers so hard to get and also how is the hit between the two? I want a players cue.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm sorry but why are Tuckers so hard to get and also how is the hit between the two? I want a players cue.

Murray only builds cues as a hobby, more or less. He helps to run an extremely busy family business and is very much family-oriented...so those two things are first and foremost. When he has extra time and feels so inspired, he'll head into the shop.

His work is very clean and sharp. His cues' playability is becoming legendary. He also tends to build what interests him...so, not so much into the custom order thing. Also, it can take years before he completes a cue...so patience is an absolute must. He rushes nothing. To date, he has made less than 100 cues since he started back in 1999-2000. The simple fact is that there are just not that many of them out there.

It is very rare that you see one come available for sale...as Tucker owners tend to not want to part with them. If one does come available, quite often those sales take place behind the scenes, typically to other Tucker owners. They are truly more difficult to get than a Searing.

I had one, and had to part with it after a truly unexpected job loss. I hope to get it back someday, if I can ever find work again. The cue was an amazing player, and beautiful as well. Makes me sad thinking about it.

Lisa

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm fairly certain this is not correct. Ron makes more than 10 (not many more) and Murray makes less than 5.

Scott

You're probably right Scott, I was just guessing based on one I saw that was 2010 / #174 and mine is 2005 / #131.