WWYD 9ball Dec3

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Gold Member
Silver Member
Back in the day, I would be able to just draw across 1 rail for position. Medium soft speed on these New tables/cloth.

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Gold Member
This is what I thought he would play, depending exactly how thin he was on the 7 for what angle he'd get on the 8. It's hard to tell from this camera angle. He did NOT play this, or any shot mentioned thus far.

View attachment 730945
It’s a variation of that shot. I practice it a lot. It’s a #15.

Load up with left spin and just enough low to come straight across table and let the side take off the rail bringing it out to mid table.

You want a fuller hit, but you see the shot on the table has more back cut. That makes it harder to hit fuller.

The thin hit makes it hard to come straight across cuz it wants to hold the tangent line. However, the cue ball also retains more speed so you can bring it a diamond or more back after the rail and come back across table.

Set up #15 of Kinister’s workout and keep changing the cut angle every 5 shots.

Edit: Don’t mean to minimize it. You are ABSO-lutely right. Heckuva shot and heckuva stroke!

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
it probably had more angle than it looked like from the pic. that was the right shot on a fast table.

if he had much less angle, than high inside and straight up and down

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
He shot the 7 straight in, but what he did with the CB I've never really seen outside of 3 cushion billiards. I'll link the video in a bit. It was completely unexpected to me.

I’ll make a bet with everyone in this thread, we won’t see this shot again in all of 2024 on a livestream. I know you will all remember it:) If you see it on a stream, link it back here, and I’ll eat my hat.
That is a bad money bet (or hats if you prefer) if you are including 7' tables, thats pretty common on 7' Diamonds because its hard to slow the cue ball down.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know much about this kid...he looks like a young rafael martinez, so is this his kid?
That shot I would not be surprised to see from rafael..he liked to make the cue ball dance.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know much about this kid...he looks like a young rafael martinez, so is this his kid?
That shot I would not be surprised to see from rafael..he liked to make the cue ball dance.
He’s super aggressive, just like Raphael Martinez. He’s fast and fun to watch. He’s been playing in all the MR produced and MR satellite events the past couple of years. Def a player to root for.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was very smart choice. Shot was almost quarter ball hit and if you shoot it with slow outside english you can´t get backward hook anymore from so thin hit he had. That why he used speed. It was also safe to not scratch one rail because hit was so thin. Thanks for sharing.