WWYD-You need 3 balls...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich, interesting video! Did you ever make the 5 ball 2 cushions and get out? And I take it, you did not make the, 'soft force-follow shot, as in my video?'

I guess, I should of entitled this thread, "Who has the controlled stroke to soft force-follow thru the 4 ball, to run out!"

My mistake.

All my attempts were in the video. The 2 railer on the 5 was no good for me. I pocketed the 5 once only in about 15 or 20 attempts. The worst part about the 5 was I could not get the CB safe if I hit it with the speed to reach the pocket. The CB was hopping forward. Maybe a better player could execute it. But I see no reason to play moves in this position, when you are straight in on the 4.

My attempts at the follow shot were no good. I got the CB where you did on my first attempt, but the 4 ball hit the rail/pocket facing so hard, it jumped off the table. I'm not sure we were shooting the same shot. I know you are much better player than me, but I wonder if the ball positions are off too much.

Questions for you:
1. Was this an actual game you were playing? Or did you just set up a proposition shot to fool around with?

2. We can't tell from your camera angle, so I will ask: Would you have been able to draw back off of the 4 and avoid hitting the 15 "on your physical table"? Or was that path not available on your physical table?

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
3 7/8" huh.

If you only need 3 balls, why shoot the 15 at the end? Lol.
Neat stroke shot for fun I'm sure.
What you did makes zero sense in an actual match playing another person of any caliber.
You rattle your 4 hitting too hard, and I'm out!
Or, you get outta line not landing perfect on your top ball and now your on the defense.
By overcooking the shot, he most likely means hitting too hard and bouncing off the opponents side rail back toward the middle of the table.
Far from recommended and beyond impractical for serious one pocket play.
I don't think Efren would even go that route.
I play on Gold Crown 3 tables that have 3 7/8 inch pockets and Simonis 760.
I'd go for the easy cheese.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
All my attempts were in the video. The 2 railer on the 5 was no good for me. I pocketed the 5 once only in about 15 or 20 attempts. The worst part about the 5 was I could not get the CB safe if I hit it with the speed to reach the pocket. The CB was hopping forward. Maybe a better player could execute it. But I see no reason to play moves in this position, when you are straight in on the 4.

My attempts at the follow shot were no good. I got the CB where you did on my first attempt, but the 4 ball hit the rail/pocket facing so hard, it jumped off the table. I'm not sure we were shooting the same shot. I know you are much better player than me, but I wonder if the ball positions are off too much.

Questions for you:
1. Was this an actual game you were playing? Or did you just set up a proposition shot to fool around with?

2. We can't tell from your camera angle, so I will ask: Would you have been able to draw back off of the 4 and avoid hitting the 15 "on your physical table"? Or was that path not available on your physical table?

It was, but, not in this video, I recreated it to demonstrate a VERY difficult stroke to create the effect on the CB with control! And. In my actual position at the table, you can NOT draw back and get on the 15 or hitting the 5 ball with control! Even myself, not being a pool player primarily, would of shot the, 'nip draw' off the 4 ball! I happen to play all those types of stroke very well from playing the, 'Carom' games years ago.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was, but, not in this video, I recreated it to demonstrate a VERY difficult stroke to create the effect on the CB with control! And. In my actual position at the table, you can NOT draw back and get on the 15 or hitting the 5 ball with control! Even myself, not being a pool player primarily, would of shot the, 'nip draw' off the 4 ball! I happen to play all those types of stroke very well from playing the, 'Carom' games years ago.

So in your opinion, did I have the CB and 4 ball placed well enough, where if you were at my table, you could execute the same shot you did on your table? If so, I'd like to try it more. If not, please let me know what ball position change to make. Just on the CB and 4. None of the other balls matter. The end of my video shows the still shots of the ball positions. Thanks.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
So in your opinion, did I have the CB and 4 ball placed well enough, where if you were at my table, you could execute the same shot you did on your table? If so, I'd like to try it more. If not, please let me know what ball position change to make. Just on the CB and 4. None of the other balls matter. The end of my video shows the still shots of the ball positions. Thanks.

The CB & 4 look good enough, as long as the, 'back-cut' angle is kept.One thing I can see is, the 11 ball isn't far enough to the right. Of course the other balls matter! You have to get on the 11 ball in order to run out!

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About a minute into iusedtoberich's video is where I can consistently
draw in between the 5 and 15, or bump the 5. Our cloth is faster than
his so you get a little more action on the balls.. and you gotta make those
stripes when you get on 'em!

My final take is Mr.3C's force follow is a cool shot !... but again I'd
never shoot that shot trying to get out for the cheese.:cool:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
About a minute into iusedtoberich's video is where I can consistently
draw in between the 5 and 15, or bump the 5. Our cloth is faster than
his so you get a little more action on the balls.. and you gotta make those
stripes when you get on 'em!

My final take is Mr.3C's force follow is a cool shot !... but again I'd
never shoot that shot trying to get out for the cheese.:cool:

How about a video, to show that consistently?