WWYD-You need 3 balls...

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Here's how the, 'centers' of the CB and 4 ball lineup.

Insideenglish-soft force-follow-002.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Draw from the four being careful not to hit the 15 and to land on the upper side of the 5 if you touch it at all. Try to get straight on the 11, and if that works the run is easy. As long as you don't hit the 15 on the first shot, you should have either the 11 or 15.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Draw from the four being careful not to hit the 15 and to land on the upper side of the 5 if you touch it at all. Try to get straight on the 11, and if that works the run is easy. As long as you don't hit the 15 on the first shot, you should have either the 11 or 15.
Yup. The angle on the 4 is easily straight enough to do this, at least as shown in the pic.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The score is 6-5, your opponents favor.

The balls are not in a good position for you.

How do you get out here for the win?

View attachment 502430

4 ball, draw into 5 hard enough to go above 11, make 11 then 15. Easy
Jason

If there's not enough angle to go above the 11 off the 5, draw into the 5 then 15 going 2 or 3 rails(long short long) to get back behind 11

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If it's newer cloth, the angle on the 4-ball still looks like it would allow to draw back under the 15-ball, with a nip draw stroke, no?
I tried it on middle aged Simonis 860 (with an unfamiliar house cue) and drew between the 15 and 5 with ease every time. Whatever the alternative, it isn't as easy.

pj
chgo

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
I tried it on middle aged Simonis 860 (with an unfamiliar house cue) and drew between the 15 and 5 with ease every time. Whatever the alternative, it isn't as easy.

pj
chgo

I'm sure YOU have a, 'smart' phone, take a photo of the exact position in the diagram, record & post a video of YOU playing YOUR shot! Easy peezy!

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris, the diagram is 100% correct!

When I post the solution diagram and the video of the me shooting the shot, you'll understand the, ;) about the angle of the slight, 'back-cut' on the 4 ball.

When you post “the solution”? There’s definitely more than one way to get out from here, homie.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
What happens when you play, 'hard' here and, the 5 ball comes off the cushion and , 'double kisses' the CB? :eek:

That's a shot Chohan would shoot, draw into 5 hard enough to double kiss cue ball into the 15, make the 15 then 11 or 5

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
When you post “the solution”? There’s definitely more than one way to get out from here, homie.

No one said there wasn't more than ONE way to get out here!

I'm just demonstrating, what "I" did! You can play what you like! That's what's meant by, WWYD! :)

BTW, who's homie?