You know you're addicted to pool when....

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
...the pool hall staff have an unspoken rule that if a woman calls asking for you, they have to tell her that you're not around.
...you don't show up at the local hall for a few days and you get a bunch of messages from worried people asking if everything's okay.
...the most expensive thing you own is a pretty wooden stick.
...the doctor tells you to go home and rest your broken bones, but the first thing you do after getting out of the hospital is go play pool because you'll have a good excuse in case you lose.

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really do just love the game and for years have been involved locally with multiple leagues as President's of leagues, teaching young players, answering the call of my league operators, making suggestions or smoothing out distractions when called upon. I've sold cues for years and have been a good player with the ability and luck to shine every so often. I was informed last week that our league operator which is the largest vnea league operator in the country for many years covering six states has inducted me into their pool hall of fame. I told the wife, I am now content to take down the 105 trophies & plaques that surround our pool room as I only need this one displayed. Slowly, with nearly 30 years of just loving the game, I guess I can say I have had a addiction to pool. This is nothing on a grand scale of course, but, a nice gesture I will cherish.

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...when you get jumped for taking two dimes off of guys and you tell the paramedic that I'm not going to the hospital until I get my cues
.....and the first thing you do is check azb afterwards

motto

When, even though AZB is full of mainly extremist right wing nut cases, it's still the first thing you look at every morning.

You would rather play pool than be with your husband (but not your boyfriend)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

playdoubles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
addicted...

...when you listen to the radio and Paul Simon is singing "...you can call me Earl, da da da da..."

...when the waiter finds some Mooris on the bill, after you have left the restaurant!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
...when you're driving to a tournament....
...and the contents of your cue case is worth more than the vehicle.

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....if you've ever had to wash your hands from table dirt to .."get rid of the evidence..."

clydeNbonnie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know it's bad when u show up with ur cue ready to try a few masses.

uploadfromtaptalk1411693808526.jpg

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Addicted

When the pool hall cashes your checks without and ID.

This was me in 1991 at the Warehouse in Austin. So embarrassed......and proud at the same time. :eek:

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
When the pool hall opens at 11 am you are waiting at the door.

6 am the next day you are buying breakfast for a few guys, including your opponent, with your earnings, or visa versa.

You wake up and call to see who is there, any action....before coffee.

playdoubles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
table physics

...when you believe, the string theory is about how to get the cueball "on a string" :scratchhead: - and that's why it can't be more than a theory! :yeah:

...when you believe, physicists must be wrong, cause gravitation just won't work with the black holes on your table! :shrug:

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
when you post links like this one for others to see b/c you think it may help someone find love !
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/sgd/4686297558.html

When you realize you got 10 miles down the road enroute to leagues,realize you forgot your chalk you were practicing with, AND TURNED AROUND to go get it !

When you bring your own red-circle ball to the poolroom just in case thier 2 or 3 are in use.

When shooting pool rates above women ! :shocked2::grin:

When you enthusiastically explain a great shot you made to someone at work , and you don't get why they don't understand you !

When you reach into the pocket of the ball you just potted to shoot it again just because you enjoyed seeing it go in ! :D

When you have fantasies about a certain pool table instead of a person !!
(ok, I'm questioning my sanity now !) :p

I'm stoppin' here :eek:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you need to play couple days opposite handed so yours shooting arm get rest...
Happened to me recently :rolleyes:

BWColeman

BWC
Silver Member
When you see a beautiful scantily clad woman on a poster leaning on a pool table holding a cue and your first two thoughts are

1. is that simonis cloth on the table

2. is that a production or custom cue she is holding