You know you're addicted to pool when....

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
While your boss is talking tou you at your work,you are practicing a bridge with your left hand if you are right handed player or with right if you are left handed player.
You are not listening him at all but you are foolishly looking how does your hand and bridge look like.

playdoubles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
walking...

...when you're reflecting, if the leather sole of your shoes is single layered or made of 7~9 layers!

...if you think about putting Kamui chalk on the sole of your shoes, while crossing a signboard that says "be careful, floor shone!"

ceodynamo

Have cue will travel
Silver Member
Yep i make the list

.... When you find out you are going on a trip and the first thing you do is search for local pool halls....

Definitely guilty of this!!

....When you wont go on vacation unless there is a pool hall within walking distance from your hotel. Yea I might have a few beers and I don't trust cabbies.

....When you wake up early so you can get practice in before work.

....When you wake up early and your wife and children are asleep so you can actually practice with out talking!

....When you wait for your wife to go to sleep and you keep your house shoes close by so you can practice in peace.

....When you dream of snapping the 8 ball, even though it doesn't count in BCA

....When you keep all your patch's so you can one day make a quilt out of it.

....When you buy two state and national shirts, one to wear and one to keep to make a quilt out of it.

Yea I'm addicted................................................:thumbup:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
When you have your local tattoo artist do points, inlays and ring work on your Beezer.

To match your current playing cue.

Its my Breaker man, Blue Steeler. Break Pepsi bottles with this one.

Last edited:

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an addicted horseplayer for over 45 years I realized I was addicted to pool when I would rather play pool than go to the track!!

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(Inspired by basement dweller's last post)

.....you have enough money for lunch, or table time, and there's no question that you're going hungry.

..... You start to visualize tangent lines on everyday objects even when you're not playing

...... Anytime you get a few minutes free you start weighing if there's enough time to get to the pool hall and back.....

.......you would rather play pool than see your girlfriend/wife

.......you can't sleep from replaying a miss in your head a thousand times....
This is not a joke it is true. When I met my wife we lived together for a few years before we got married. I had a pool room at the time and was playing like 8 hours a day.
She told me when I slept, my left had was in the form of my bridge all the time.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(Inspired by basement dweller's last post)

.....you have enough money for lunch, or table time, and there's no question that you're going hungry.

..... You start to visualize tangent lines on everyday objects even when you're not playing

...... Anytime you get a few minutes free you start weighing if there's enough time to get to the pool hall and back.....

.......you would rather play pool than see your girlfriend/wife

.......you can't sleep from replaying a miss in your head a thousand times....

... when you go to a club and ask, "What's the entry fee?"

... when you go to a strip club and you comment to a buddy, "This girl gives the last one the seven and the breaks."

... when you're standing at the altar and in the middle of your vows you say, "I do promise to take this woman, in sickness and in health, for better or worse, in stroke or out of stroke..."

Lou Figueroa

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
....You wear jeans 99% of the time because stubborn chalk stains will show up on all your other pants.
....All your shirts show wear and tear around the right nipple region from playing too much pool. (or left if you're like me)
....Your wife got mad at you because washed your clothes with a piece of chalk in the pants pocket and it got on everything, but you were more concerned with whether or not the chalk was still good.
....The only thing you know about Taiwan is that it's somewhere in Asia and they are really good at pool.

Last edited:

playdoubles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
…when you like putting your girlfriend's/wife's balls back into the bra instead of revealing them!

…you come back home late at night from your girlfriend and your wife is asking you: „Where have you been?" :angry:
„Ahhhh, :shrug: I've been hanging around with my girlfriend.“ :blush:
…and she is blinks at you :yeah: „You little liar, you've been to the pool hall again, I can still see the (*) chalk behind your ear!“

(*) long lasting Kamui from the day before…

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
...when you think about a buying a new suit...
..made of simonis 860.

(Which has been done btw)

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you seldom get through the first page of any thread but you've read every page of this one...

and keep checking back in to see what someone else said!

Tony C

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
...when you think about a buying a new suit...
..made of simonis 860.

(Which has been done btw)

…when you find yourself dressing to match simonis tournament blue because you're going to league (sear sucker)
…when you wear a pair of sear sucker shorts to match simonis tournament blue despit the fact that you're playing on green cloth (avatar)
…when you paint your bedroom to match simonis tournament blue because you find it soothing
…when your mother, who doesn't play pool, has a piece of chalk in her purse

Ben

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
When:

At Christmas, you give your non pool playing family members fairly decent billiard related presents, knowing that they will eventually give them to you.

Aw geez, I thought that you were an XL. That would probably fit me.

syphinhex

Registered
I don't know if this counts as addicted or not but I've taken the last 5 girls I went out on dates with to shoot pool and got legitimatley annoyed when they refused to chalk religiously.