You Know You're Isolated Away From Pool Too Long When...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
What are some of the signs that show you've been isolated from pool too long?

btw, this doesn't cover having a home table, I'm talking about being cut off from pool with friends, at the pool hall, bar, etc.

So, what are the signs?

best,
brian kc

btw, this doesn't cover having a home table, I'm talking about being cut off from pool with friends, at the pool hall, bar, etc.

So, what are the signs?

best,
brian kc

Very lonely, and depressed (not knowing if / when it will ever be safe to be around people / close to people again).

Sorry, that was kind of a non pool related reply, but it is very sad to think that being around pool players out in pubic will never be the same again, unless they come out with a really good vaccine to really assure people that they will not get sick. I just do not foresee things ever being the same again, and it makes me really sad.

Last edited:

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shop rat here, so (no disrespect to those C-19 has affected through personal lives) the lock down has been no change for me. Except wife can't drag me off to social events 3 or 4 x/week! :thumbup:

Bad thing is i've started ever more projects in machine shop and wood shop.

AFA pool, i finished a couple sticks, and wife caught me (heard me) down on floor shooting balls past the cat to try the sticks. Maybe i am getting a little crazy.....

smt

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very lonely, and depressed (not knowing if / when it will ever be safe to be around people / close to people again).

Sorry, that was kind of a non pool related reply, but it is very sad to think that being around pool players out in pubic will never be the same again, unless they come out with a really good vaccine to really assure people that they will not get sick. I just do not foresee things ever being the same again, and it makes me really sad.

I think society will come out of this greatly changed.
I wonder how many pool rooms/bars will go under if people stop playing leagues
Leagues are a lot of people in a small space.
The bigger rooms with a lot of 7 footers might be able to space out to every other table.
But still I think people will still be afraid.
I quit leagues for a different reason but if I still played league pool I probably would pass..

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a month the average person will forget about this, because the average person wants to forget about this.

Invisible enemies just aren't memorable.

The media and health care system will remind people, but people won't want to remember.

People will tell you to remember, then you'll segregate, then discriminate, the criers will become the enemy.

$20 coffee's

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
[/B]

I think society will come out of this greatly changed.
I wonder how many pool rooms/bars will go under if people stop playing leagues
Leagues are a lot of people in a small space.
The bigger rooms with a lot of 7 footers might be able to space out to every other table.
But still I think people will still be afraid.
I quit leagues for a different reason but if I still played league pool I probably would pass..

It is my estimation that if people will be afraid to be near other people a lot more than just pool will suffer. How about NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, and etc. will all be suffering because you are very close to a lot of people. Might as well throw in state and county fairs, fireman picnics, movie theaters, etc, where does that list end? I think what could bring back peoples confidence is if they get antibody tests to see if maybe they already had Covid and they were not very ill with it.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tomorrow is the 75th anniversary of VE Day in Europe.

My 93 year old mother and 93 year old mother in law were both teens in the UK during the war.

At Christmas both were visiting and met for the first time. Both are widows of veterans and all of their adult male relatives were in uniform. Over a 5 day period every conversation returned to the War...be it food, movies, fashion or whatever. The world is divided into two distinct eras...’before’ the war and ‘after’ the war.

I don’t want to equate this virus with WW2 but the effects will influence society for a long time. It’s not a blip that will end with the Pandemic. Socializing, work structure, economies, international relations, shopping, etc will all be changed to some degree forever. How much?

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have played and beaten "the ghost".....and now you and the ghost don't play pool, you just are drinking buddies....

Ken

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

So, what are the signs?

best,
brian kc

When you have watched all the Mosconi Cup matches, going backwards from 2019...and you're now in 2012...

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
History Is Repeating Itself - 34,000,000 Currently Unemployed

I think socializing in general is going to change until there is a proven immunization, i.e. vaccine, for novella COVID-19.
This virus will continue being a problem the remainder of this year and throughout 2021 until there’s successful immunization.

During this duration, people’s concerns and fears will reshape their thinking about how they used to greet & socialize with others.
Giving in to one’s frustrations, impatience or bravado are generally poor excuses for risking your life or anyone else’s for that matter.
Just abide by the prescribed measures within your city and state. No one wants this to continue and no one wants to die either.

The absurdity is that guidelines for reopening were intelligently written and endorsed by the Corona Virus Task Force & the Prez.
Now he is contradicting himself encouraging states to open early despite that they do not meet his guidelines to follow for reopening.

Ergo, lots of governors are taking his lead and that is why this virus is going to become a scourge that will last until there’s a vaccine.
It is going to plague our nation all the while we get to watch how other countries learn how to successfully overcome this pandemic.

The economy will not recover until the virus is contained. There is a world of difference between the stock market & unemployment #s.
Stocks will recover but jobs, well, that’s a slow boat to China when unemployment currently exceeds 30,000,000 people. Returning to
full employment will involve many years even after a vaccine becomes available even if it’s this year. Employment recovery takes a long time.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
When you anticipate the delivery of your first pair of pool shoes so bad you jump up and look out the window everytime you hear a truck roll by.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
… when you look on Amazon for any clothing made of green felt.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So, what are the signs?

best,
brian kc

I used to have wet dreams about pretty women.

Now, I have them about 2 rail shape shots out of the corner and stopping on a dime. :thumbup:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
When you make a bridge with your bridge hand, about 20 times a day, and just stare at it for a few seconds.

All the best,
WW

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
When you've made list of people with home tables so you know who not to match up with when pool halls open up again :D

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When all my cue cases have dust on them.. when I'm in better
shape cause I'm doing more fitness instead of hanging in the
pool room.. when my back arm won't pendulum...

I'd go back in a second to hit some.. I think 'normal' will be
when everyone and I mean everyone has a vaccine
inoculation... over/under for a year from now?

Runner-- holed up in SoCal