Smorgass Bored Update

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
Doug, that's great news. I continue to pray for you, and I am so happy that it's paying off. You are one tough cat. I look foreward to having that beer with you at strokers. Hang in there my friend, and keep fighting the good fight.

Joe

edatplaypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome back Doug

The internet would not be the same without you, hang in there buddy. I hope we can meet up again someday at another tournament. It seems like it has been forever. Ed

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doug,

What an inspiration you are to make it through that procedure and to post it so well. I felt like I was there.

I've restrained from giving you rep in the past just because you have too dang many, but REP to you my AZ friend. Get well.

Dave

BrandyWine

Mike's Better Half
Silver Member
I doubt seriously that the rep button is working right now. Sorry.:sorry:
Mike is working on site enhancements and speed. Got some glitches going on but soon to be normal, be patient. ;)

Doug, hope you're feeling better. Home is always better than hospital IMO.
Take care,
Donna

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
actually seems to be

Donna,

I have been giving and getting rep pretty much all day. It seems to be working OK. I do have to hover over the blank buttons to see which is the rep and which is the report button with the old skin. I suspect a lot of threads will get reported if that isn't fixed soon. :D :D

Hu

I doubt seriously that the rep button is working right now. Sorry.:sorry:
Mike is working on site enhancements and speed. Got some glitches going on but soon to be normal, be patient. ;)

Doug, hope you're feeling better. Home is always better than hospital IMO.
Take care,
Donna

lady9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Latest???

Nothing has been reported for a few days. Is there any news?

As always, thinking about you Doug....

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Nothing has been reported for a few days. Is there any news?

As always, thinking about you Doug....

Unfortunately, there is NO good news to report. Doug isn't doing well and his condition seems to be worsening. Waiting for the doctors to report their course of action. Waiting, hoping against all hope.

Doug and I had a very serious conversation yesterday and I'll tell you about it someday.

JoeyA

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
Unfortunately, there is NO good news to report. Doug isn't doing well and his condition seems to be worsening. Waiting for the doctors to report their course of action. Waiting, hoping against all hope.

Doug and I had a very serious conversation yesterday and I'll tell you about it someday.

JoeyA

Hopefully, Doug will tell us about it himself. It's never a good idea to give up hope, as I've seen some pretty amazing things happen.

Hang in there Doug...

Michael

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
:frown: - cause it's how I feel about Doug but :angry::angry: cause it's how I feel that the doctors can't come up with something to help him more - so I'll just continue to send out all the good vibes I can - Jackson

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
More prayers and good wishes going out to ya Doug. :thumbup:

Damn, I miss reading, laughing, and being amazed by his daily posts.

Jim

avmaster

Man of Reason
Gold Member
Silver Member
Keep up the good fight Doug..... We all sending Spice your way, you are the king of spice...... JoeyA ......... God bless you and help you help Doug...

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
I wasn't allowed to move, but out of the corner of my eye, I could almost quite not make out something. After 25 years, my mother had finally gotten her revenge and hung tha t cute-horrid little ET Creature just above my head, while noone was looking.

If I hadn't read this thread, I never would have figured it out. :)

All the cardiac surgeons were amazed that I had come through this procedure and I'm hear to tell you that I'd NEVER been able to do this without the staunch support orall of you here and my hospital staff, who took a great liking to Barb and I.

Now, I wait to hear from the Doctors, either on Friday or ealy next week and see if there is any course of action. I'm not out of the woods yets. I have lots of medicine to take, but my drastically low blood pressure prevents my taking it.

My whole body hurts, but I can take it. Typing all this was exhausting and I don't know when I might post again, but thank God for friends like all of you.
And......Kujo's to JoeyA.

Doug
(for now, that's a VIOLA !) imo :)

Smorg..... I hope you are having a beautiful day. I have been trying to rep you for the longest time, but the forum just won't let me. We love the way you tell stories and keep us on the edge of our seats... even on the little, short stories! We miss your top of the world sense of humor. I hope we'll see more great posts from you in the near future!

Remember... Even the docs say there are spices we need to help us stay healthy. I believe I have run out of Stories form Smorg spice :eek: and need to find out where to get more! :thumbup:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Story from Smorg

As far back as you can go, there are stories that will make your ribs hurt! LOL. This is one from rec.sports.billiards.

• __From__: Smorgass Bored
• __Subject__: Re: Dumbest thing you've ever done on a pool table?
• __Date__: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:43:51 -0500
day before yesterday. My opponent had screwed up and left the cueball on
his side of the table and I had the stack and every other ball between
the cueball and my pocket. As luck would have it, there weren't any dead
balls or easy shots, BUT, there was a nine-eleven off angle combo. I got
down to line up the shot and then stood up and then got down and then
stood up and then got waaaaay down low (the nine was positioned so that
the stripe and number were facing up and to both sides, leaving me with
a BIG WHITE SPACE) and I fired the combination INTO THE HOLE using the
nineball as the cueball. OY-VEY !
I went back to P-9-Ball today and they are STILL laughing at my
stupidity.
Today, I didn't do anything stupid, but I lost a race to five
(one-pocket) 5-1.

oh yeah, and I pee'd on my shoe in the men's room (at least I
'think' it was the men's room) .... NEXT,

Doug
~>*(((>< Big fish eat Little fish ><)))*<~

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hang tight. Just fade the bad rolls. It will all equal out. Hope you're back to normal (as Demetri Martin says) now. Not soon. Now.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
As far back as you can go, there are stories that will make your ribs hurt! LOL. This is one from rec.sports.billiards.

• __From__: Smorgass Bored
• __Subject__: Re: Dumbest thing you've ever done on a pool table?
• __Date__: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:43:51 -0500
day before yesterday. My opponent had screwed up and left the cueball on
his side of the table and I had the stack and every other ball between
the cueball and my pocket. As luck would have it, there weren't any dead
balls or easy shots, BUT, there was a nine-eleven off angle combo. I got
down to line up the shot and then stood up and then got down and then
stood up and then got waaaaay down low (the nine was positioned so that
the stripe and number were facing up and to both sides, leaving me with
a BIG WHITE SPACE) and I fired the combination INTO THE HOLE using the
nineball as the cueball. OY-VEY !
I went back to P-9-Ball today and they are STILL laughing at my
stupidity.
Today, I didn't do anything stupid, but I lost a race to five
(one-pocket) 5-1.

oh yeah, and I pee'd on my shoe in the men's room (at least I
'think' it was the men's room) .... NEXT,

Doug
~>*(((>< Big fish eat Little fish ><)))*<~

Bigtruck,

Given the situation and present state of things this is very much appreciated. I had gone back and read many of "Hump, What Hump's" posts and I can see by this 2003 quote that I didn't go back far enough. :eek: I got some reading to do! :D

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JoeyA

Joey thanks for being there for Smorgie, it's
great that he has you to talk to. Give him hugs
for me and tell him I miss him.
hugs

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Bigtruck,

Given the situation and present state of things this is very much appreciated. I had gone back and read many of "Hump, What Hump's" posts and I can see by this 2003 quote that I didn't go back far enough. :eek: I got some reading to do! :D

When I first joined this forum, I wanted to get more acquainted with some of the stuff that had already been posted and see what I could add. I must have dug up and replied to some threads that were major, well-buried antiques. I searched for stuff and found posts that got my interest and I didn't pay much attention to when they were written. I ran into so much of Smorg's stuff that I learned very quickly to watch for it. Do a search on almost anything you can think of and there'll probably be posts from Smorgass Bored about it.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel stupid...

I saw one of the old threads today and did not realize it was old and gave smorgie rep telling him I am glad he ok and back. I hope things take a turn for the better.

BVal<-----is stupid lol.

Joey thanks for being there for Smorgie, it's
great that he has you to talk to. Give him hugs
for me and tell him I miss him.
hugs

MikeM

Pool Lover
Silver Member
You're a good man Joey!

JoeyA

Doug is, and we are, lucky to have you. I hope I have a friend as good as you to help me through the dark times.

Doug,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're loved! Just keep that thought in your beat up old heart and you'll feel much better!!!

Mike