Dominent Eye Quiz for All You AZ'ers

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:smile:
Hi there everyone,

I've dicided to share a little Dominent Eye knowledge with all you AZ'ers. This is something that I have learned during my lessons. It is a very esential part in learning how to aim.

When talking about the dominent eye does anyone understand what the middle is. Being able to find this middle and being able to understand it is one of the most valuable tools a player can have to increasing his or her aiming accuracy at an level of ability.

The question here is, WHAT IS THE MIDDLE?

AND IF ANYONE DOES UNDERSTAND THIS WOULD YOU GIVE YOUR INTERPRETATION OF THE MIDDLE. THANKS

I will share this INFO after this has went for awhile. Should be interesting..................

Who knows? Maybe nobody understands it ?

Have a great day..........Geno...........

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gene...No disrepect intended, but someday you're gonna have to admit that some people don't have a dominant eye, and that others are cross dominant (meaning i.e.: right-handed and left eye dominant). You shoot with both eyes, and should have the cue positioned where you perceive a straight line to the target. That may be under your dominant eye (or not), it may be centered under your chin (or not), or it may be outside your 'field of vision' (meaning you may or may not tilt your head to one side). Two things really matter...where you perceive a straight line (we all perceive things differently), and your ability to accurately deliver the cue into the straight line you perceive.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hi there everyone,

I've dicided to share a little Dominent Eye knowledge with all you AZ'ers. This is something that I have learned during my lessons. It is a very esential part in learning how to aim.

When talking about the dominent eye does anyone understand what the middle is. Being able to find this middle and being able to understand it is one of the most valuable tools a player can have to increasing his or her aiming accuracy at an level of ability.

AND IF ANYONE DOES UNDERSTAND THIS WOULD YOU GIVE YOUR INTERPRETATION OF THE MIDDLE. THANKS

I will share this INFO after this has went for awhile. Should be interesting..................

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
I will take a stab at it. Are you talking about if you have your cue lined up if you have your head and eyes lined up in the middle you see two shafts. Until you shift slightly towards one side or the other until you only see one?
Hi there everyone,

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
That's easy. The middle is the half way point between two ends....SPF=randyg

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Geno you know what work great making the Shot, and having an easy next shot because you moved the CUE BALL from Point "A" to "B".

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bite....

I would say that ones' "middle" is the spot where a vertical line is located that does not change position regardless of which eye is looking at the picture.....

td

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Geno you know what work great making the Shot, and having an easy next shot because you moved the CUE BALL from Point "A" to "B".

Great post Cocopuff, way to add to the thread :rolleyes:

As to the OP, Gene are you referring to "vision center" or some something else?

Last edited:

suprnva

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A show on ABC. Also, it's a song by Jimmy Eat World.

There's also the Webster's definition:
Pronunciation: \ˈmi-dəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English middel, from Old English; akin to Old English midde
Date: before 12th century

1 : equally distant from the extremes : medial, central <the middle house in the row>
2 : being at neither extreme : intermediate
3 capitalized a : constituting a division intermediate between those prior and later or upper and lower <Middle Paleozoic> b : constituting a period of a language or literature intermediate between one called Old and one called New or Modern <Middle Dutch>
4 of a verb form or voice : typically asserting that a person or thing both performs and is affected by the action represented

I hope this helped you out Geno! :rolleyes:

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
I can tell you what works best for me. I am RH, RE dominant and I have 20/15 vision. I am more accurate shooting with the cue under my chin, which is somewhere in the middle. You also need to be able to step into the shot on the aiming line so that you can give yourself the best chance at delivering the cue in a straight line.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have a right to your opinion..even though...........

Gene...No disrepect intended, but someday you're gonna have to admit that some people don't have a dominant eye, and that others are cross dominant (meaning i.e.: right-handed and left eye dominant). You shoot with both eyes, and should have the cue positioned where you perceive a straight line to the target. That may be under your dominant eye (or not), it may be centered under your chin (or not), or it may be outside your 'field of vision' (meaning you may or may not tilt your head to one side). Two things really matter...where you perceive a straight line (we all perceive things differently), and your ability to accurately deliver the cue into the straight line you perceive.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hi Scott,

No disrespect back. Out of approximately 800 to 1000 players I have found their dominent eye. And they understood it was by the time we were done. To learn Perfect Aim they need to know this.

Until I find a person that doesn't have a dominent eye I will continue to
to find it for everyone that I work with.

It's real easy to give up sometimes and say they don't have a dominent eye because some people are real hard to figure out or read something from some scientist or somebody else that considers themselves an expert. But that is somebodys opinion. And so far to me what I see is what I believe.

So far I am batting 1000% on this. Just because a person can't find it or has nobody that can't find it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I've even had players that were almost blind in one eye only to find out it was their dominent eye. And they were actually using it on some of the shots. They had no idea.

If I find one that I can't find someday I will let you know right away.

When I see something real clear and it's green there is nobody in the world that is going to tell me it is orange.

Have a great day Scott

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vision center.........

Great post Cocopuff, way to add to the thread :rolleyes:

As to the OP, Gene are you referring to "vision center" or some something else?

Hi there Woody,

When I'm giving a perfect Aim lesson I talk about this but I don't always explain it. I will be in the future because it really helps the player understand what is going on with the eyes and the positioning to see the shot the best.

Good question......

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your right but not the answer we're looking for ?

:grin-square:
A show on ABC. Also, it's a song by Jimmy Eat World.

There's also the Webster's definition:
Pronunciation: \ˈmi-dəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English middel, from Old English; akin to Old English midde
Date: before 12th century

1 : equally distant from the extremes : medial, central <the middle house in the row>
2 : being at neither extreme : intermediate
3 capitalized a : constituting a division intermediate between those prior and later or upper and lower <Middle Paleozoic> b : constituting a period of a language or literature intermediate between one called Old and one called New or Modern <Middle Dutch>
4 of a verb form or voice : typically asserting that a person or thing both performs and is affected by the action represented

I hope this helped you out Geno! :rolleyes:

This is fun. Great answer. :smile::smile::smile::grin-square::grin::grin:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100% correct................

I can tell you what works best for me. I am RH, RE dominant and I have 20/15 vision. I am more accurate shooting with the cue under my chin, which is somewhere in the middle. You also need to be able to step into the shot on the aiming line so that you can give yourself the best chance at delivering the cue in a straight line.

But what is the middle?:confused::smile:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sssooooooonnnn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't wanna wait! Share this info with me NOW!!!!!!

Maniac

I will share this with everyone soon enough. The cat will be out of the bag.

Thanks for the Great comment.........Geno...........:grin-square::grin:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You did but..................

I thought I explained it. :confused: Maybe it's time for you to do some splaining? :)

Hi there Big C.

Your cue is in the middle but what is the middle and what does it consist of. From where to where.

Every middle has an edge on each side.

Here's an old joke I heard once. What state is hi in the middle and round on both ends?

OHIO:grin:

Have a great day Geno................:)

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I'm left handed, shoot cue and gun right handed, and am left eye dominant.

The middle is a good place to meet but a bad place to get caught. :grin: