Archer vs. Morris

stuckintampa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know how the final match at the Turning Stone is going? It started at 6:45 EST and that's when I start work and can't stream here. All updates appreciated...thanks!

Heather

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Another great win for one of the best of all time. Slow? Yeah, a little bit. But there is a method to the madness and he continues to play nine ball at an incredible level after being in the game almost two decades.

Congrats to the champ.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
It appears that JOHN has played his way out of his mini slump to once again play at pools top level

IMO we now have a few players who can win anywhere at any given time

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
the bracket was set up like it was going to be a double elimination...but I'm blind from here without a stream. I'll keep checking back. If it truly is over, I'm glad Johnny won!

He won. I already paid off my bets:(. Johnnyt

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still the best!!

All I can say is that he may be the best player you will see in your lifetime..keep going Johnny

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I think the bracket they used was a default double elimination set-up but they played a one set final extended to 13 games.

I have a question about a west side match: Ernesto vs. Zvi. They never did change the score to 9 for Ernesto on the bracket sheet and the sheet has Ernesto winning that match 8-5. Does anyone know what this is about? I'm wondering if it an oversight in posting the final game of the match or did Zvi concede in the last game or something?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
No double elimination???

Fred,

The finals of all the Turning Stone events has been one longer single elimination match. Many have tried to get Mike Z to change the format. Unfair to the winner of the winners bracket. Mike has resisted.

Totalpool.info's brackets were unusually hard to navigate this time. Don't know why. Only Jason Michas knows.

Lyn

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
what was the racking controvery at the end? My stream was lagging so bad, I missed it!

Johnny hit him with a slug when Rodney was gaining momentum towards the end.
Not just a slug, but like a MONSTER slug.
It was gross. lol

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
what the heck is a slug?? boy i've been away from the game too long i see.:eek:

Johnny glued the balls together so that when Rodney crushed them with all his might on the break, like 2 balls manged to hit the rail.

It was kind of funny to watch cause it was just so blatantly awful.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
what the heck is a slug?? boy i've been away from the game too long i see.:eek:

A slug rack is usually one where the balls are not all tight and there are gaps between balls. Much less energy gets transferred when breaking a slug rack and therefore the balls don't spread very well. There is certainly less chance of making a ball, and when you do you probably have some clustered balls that make a run out that much more difficult.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
A slug rack is usually one where the balls are not all tight and there are gaps between balls. Much less energy gets transferred when breaking a slug rack and therefore the balls don't spread very well. There is certainly less chance of making a ball, and when you do you probably have some clustered balls that make a run out that much more difficult.

Leave the back three balls loose from the front six and see what happens. SLUGGO!

poolpimp13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny glued the balls together so that when Rodney crushed them with all his might on the break, like 2 balls manged to hit the rail.

It was kind of funny to watch cause it was just so blatantly awful.

rodney checked the rack before he broke anyway he won that game anyway.he scratched on the break the next game any johnny ran out and won.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another great win for one of the best of all time. Slow? Yeah, a little bit. But there is a method to the madness and he continues to play nine ball at an incredible level after being in the game almost two decades.

Congrats to the champ.

I didn't mean Archer was slow, he was actually playing pretty quickly.
I was slow getting the score posted, the previous poster beat me to it. :grin: