Future Pool Table Purchase

shakey91929

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have just finished building my family room "pool room" and am ready to purchase a pool table. I am leaning towards a 3 1/2 X 7 ft. table that will be as close to playing on a Brunswick Gold Crown or Diamond table as possible. Other than the size of the table, I would like it to be as close to a professional table as I can find. What are my options and what would you "Pool Pros" recommend purchasing. I also want gully ball returns. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

pulldapin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uhhhh...is this a trick question? A Diamond Pro Am or Smart Table bar box(aka 3.5'x7'). By the way I'm not a Pro or a mechanic, however I did WORK at a Holiday Inn many moons ago.

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
I have just finished building my family room "pool room" and am ready to purchase a pool table. I am leaning towards a 4 X 7 ft. table that will be as close to playing on a Brunswick Gold Crown or Diamond table as possible. Other than the size of the table, I would like it to be as close to a professional table as I can find. What are my options and what would you "Pool Pros" recommend purchasing. I also want gully ball returns. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

brunswick doesn't make a table in 7-foot that is anywhere near the quality of their 9-foot Gold Crown. Go with the Diamond Proam or Professional

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4 X 7 ft. table?

Unless, of course you really meant a 4 x 8 table. Then you can look at Brunswick too.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
In the 7ft size, Diamond hands down builds the worlds best 7ft period...no other manufacture is even close to a 7ft ProAm...except Diamond with a 7ft Professional, either one can be purchased with a 1 piece or 3 piece slate 1" thick. In fact, either one can be purchased with the Dymondwood finished top rails...or natural wood finished. Trust me...you won't get any arguments on this one:D

Glen

T-Dawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the 69 Brunswick Argyle,had a chance for one,but didn`t have a way to deliver.Would need diamonizing tho..

T-Dawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It`s for sale again,but with burgandy cloth.

Attachments

• 49046a2_20.jpg
    49046a2_20.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 430
  • 9168e53_20.jpg
    9168e53_20.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 318

Jerry Forsyth

OK, Glen's earlier comment has me totally braindrained. He says that either the Diamond Pro-Am or the Diamond Professional can be had with three-piece slate and the Dymond-wood rails. Well, that just screws my knowledge (or what had before passed as knowledge) of Diamond tables right into the wall. If it isn't the number of slates or the rail material, just what IS the difference between a Pro-Am and a Professional? I had always thought it was just that the Pro-Am had one-piece slate (and could take money if it was a smart table). So, straighten me out here somebody.

reverend

Table Mechanic
Silver Member
OK, Glen's earlier comment has me totally braindrained. He says that either the Diamond Pro-Am or the Diamond Professional can be had with three-piece slate and the Dymond-wood rails. Well, that just screws my knowledge (or what had before passed as knowledge) of Diamond tables right into the wall. If it isn't the number of slates or the rail material, just what IS the difference between a Pro-Am and a Professional? I had always thought it was just that the Pro-Am had one-piece slate (and could take money if it was a smart table). So, straighten me out here somebody.

The Pro-Am and the Smart table are the same table. The only difference being the Smart table takes money. The PROFESSIONAL is a 2 pedestal leg table picture of the Professional below
DiamondProfessional_xlg.jpg

All 3 tables can be had with Dymond wood and 1 or 3 piece slate. (Or 2 piece if you know the right mechanic:D)

Jerry Forsyth

Oh, I should have remembered that. I have a friend with a Professional in Texas and now that I see the side design and the legs and all I remember it clearly. All the tourneys we go to have the Pro-Am so that is all we see these days.