TVmike has proven untrustworthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Still, he mailed it like he claimed, and as I suspected - it was lost in the mail, albeit because of his error.

It took the post office a month to figure this out - one post office - no wonder they're bankrupt.

He re-sent them in good faith. I don't think it would be right to keep them Jay, and I doubt you will. Probably best to mail the replacements back if you don't want them.

Chris

He has also took a reputation beating courtesy of Jay

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
He has also took a reputation beating courtesy of Jay

I know Jay a little bit - from what I've seen he makes quick and clear decisions and he tells it like it is. He makes good deals. He generally does trust people, at least as much as you can in the pool world. My take is Jay thought he was intentionally getting "stiffed" - so he stressed out. He probably wouldn't have posted the thread if the package had been properly delivered.

Well, like I predicted pages ago, the package was lost in the mail. This distrust escalted into a disagreement and a lot of other "dis" stuff involved. I can see where maybe Jay would be tempted to stiff Mike - but I don't think that would be the right thing to do. Mike did what he was supposed to, albeit not very efficiently.

Mike is guilty of not being on top of things - I think he knows that too. Sounds like he needs some faster DVD burning equipment - it sounds like a real chore.

These guys should calm down and straighten things out between them now that we know Mike did mail the package and sent a replacement too. Mike knows Jay was honest enough to say the original package arrived. This is not enough money for anyone to lose their integrity over. $160 is a tank of gas for some people here.

Chris

Ps. Funny story. So many people in the pool world owed or had owed Jay money, when we were over at Mitchell's playing our little group match, Mitchell said he was putting in an added $100 to the prize fund. I said to Jay - "Mitchell's generously adding $100 to the fund but he's a little short -can you loan him $100?

Last edited:

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
Here's a few people that can clear this up.........

Attachments

• judge judy.jpg
    judge judy.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 491
  • judge milian.jpg
    judge milian.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 512
  • judge alex.jpg
    judge alex.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 503

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see where maybe Jay would be tempted to stiff Mike - but that would absolutely not be the right thing to do. Mike did what he was supposed to, albeit not very efficiently, and it turns out Jay wasn't burned at all.

Chris

Chris I don't know if you read through the thread, but I don't think the discs being shipped or not was the only issue. It was just the preverbial straw. From what I read, they had an agreement and Mike changed the agreement after he got home. They were going to split up the percentage of sales but then Mike wanted all his money up front.

I don't have a dog in the fight but i think there is a bigger picture.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Chris I don't know if you read through the thread, but I don't think the discs being shipped or not was the only issue. It was just the preverbial straw. From what I read, they had an agreement and Mike changed the agreement after he got home. They were going to split up the percentage of sales but then Mike wanted all his money up front.

OK I read it again. The deal changing issue was nasty and if Mike really sold some copies on this own, then I would withold that money.

Mike's definitely guilty of not making the deal clear to Jay that he expecting his portion up front. Once again, this could be a cash flow issue or a trust issue, but they did arrive at an amended agreement and Jay was following through (reluctantly) based on that premise.

Whatever the outcome, I'm sure Jay will do the right thing. I just didn't want to pile on and say "the right thing is to stiff Mike" when he made a replacement set and sent it in good faith. They need to work out their issues.

Chris

Edited to add: But Mike sure isn't making things easy on himself!

Last edited:

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK I read it again. The deal changing issue was nasty and if Mike really sold some copies on this own, then I would withold that money.

Mike's definitely guilty of not making the deal clear to Jay that he expecting his portion up front. Once again, this could be a cash flow issue or a trust issue, but they did arrive at an amended agreement and Jay was following through (reluctantly) based on that premise.

Whatever the outcome, I'm sure Jay will do the right thing. I just didn't want to pile on and say "the right thing is to stiff Mike" when he made a replacement set and sent it in good faith. They need to work out their issues.

Chris

I understand what you're saying. I don't believe anyone should get stiffed. It is difficult to deal when someone is cash poor. I hope everything can get worked out, its just a bad deal.

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
I am going to make a simple statement. I will tell you that if you choose to screw me and not send the payments today as you have received all orders. Then the production of the dawn fital benefit tournament and memorial scheduled for tomorrow WILL not happen. I am also relying upon those monies to pay my rent this month which is due in 6 days and I am scheduled to produce FOR FREE I might add a full production for this event which is 2 hours away tomorrow morning. I however do not have my own resources to get there. I do not have my car since my accident, and other means such as rides do not seem to be available. Which mean I would be forced to drive a terribly unreliable gas guzzler there. So am I to use the small amount of money I have which is required to pay bills or rent into gas when there is absolutely no guarantee that income can be replaced? See I’m not afraid to share myself and my life with other people because I am a human being. I am entirely fed up with being negative and emotional however these are circumstances that will transpire if you screw me over these will be the results or lack of results.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I am going to make a simple statement. I will tell you that if you choose to screw me and not send the payments today as you have received all orders. Then the production of the dawn fital benefit tournament and memorial scheduled for tomorrow WILL not happen. I am also relying upon those monies to pay my rent this month which is due in 6 days and I am scheduled to produce FOR FREE I might add a full production for this event which is 2 hours away tomorrow morning. I however do not have my own resources to get there. I do not have my car since my accident, and other means such as rides do not seem to be available. Which mean I would be forced to drive a terribly unreliable gas guzzler there. So am I to use the small amount of money I have which is required to pay bills or rent into gas when there is absolutely no guarantee that income can be replaced? See I’m not afraid to share myself and my life with other people because I am a human being. I am entirely fed up with being negative and emotional however these are circumstances that will transpire if you screw me over these will be the results or lack of results.

Mike

I'm sure this is not emotional blackmail. It just reads like it.

Kevin

flash5153

none
Silver Member
LMAO!!! I just spit popcorn all over my keyboard!! WTF??? So Jay if you want Dawns memorial Tournament Streamed you need to overnight the controversial payment. LMAO

Mike I have tried to defend you in the past,,what was I thinking??? I'm really beginning to wonder if you have a screw loose??? Sounds like something a 5th grader might say!!! I really think you should quit now,,while you are behind!!

I was thinking of going to that benefit,,BTW.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sounds to me like you need to look into other means of employment Mike.....

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
exactly how much $$$ is in dispute here :confused:

It's $160 plus a $30 video Jay didn't even want.

Mike - no matter what happens, Jay isn't going to pay you before he even gets the 2nd package - you've got to be kidding.

Also - have you been selling DVD's of his matches without authorization? What's up with that?

The Dawn Fital thing - is this some kind of manipulation? If you don't have the cash to do the memorial , why agree to do it? Why prevent the sponsors from lining up a reliable source for their streaming.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but no longer.

Chris

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

This won't work! I'm not moved by your drama, McQueen. You did your best to screw me and you actually got me for $360 already. Congratulations on being so clever. I'll think long and hard about what I want to do now. Your ranting like this will not help your cause in any way. Once again being a little contrite and apologetic might work a lot better.

For those who are new to this thread, the Cliff notes are this: I asked Mike to stream and tape the One Pocket Challenge at DCC this past January. He agreed if he could share a room with me during that time to defray his expenses. I agreed to this. Our verbal agreement was for him to video all the best runs and provide Greg Sullivan and I with the completed master DVD's. Mike would receive a $5 royalty on any DVD's sold. Mike could also put excerpts of the Challenge on his streaming network, as long as he credited the DCC and Diamond. At no time was he given permission to sell copies of these DVD's!

Mike found another roommate when he got there so that was not an issue. He taped all the best runs and took everything home with him, ostensibly to make the Masters for me. That's when everything began to change. Next thing I knew he was selling copies that were completely unauthorized by myself or Greg. When confronted he explained that he had a lot of expenses in going to DCC and he needed to recoup his money. He then asked me for $200 to complete the DVD's. I sent it to him reluctantly.

Next I was informed that he would not send the completed DVD's to me to make copies. Now I had to buy them from him, and he was taking his royalty up front. He could make the copies for $3 each and tack on an extra $5 per copy for himself. He had me twisting in the wind now, since I really wanted to get copies of the four best runs. Once again I reluctantly (I had no choice) agreed to pay his tariff. He sent me 20 DVD's and I sent him another $160.

That brings us to the present and the dispute over the missing DVD's of Alex's two long runs. They were mis-mailed to me (wrong address) and he started going off on me about lying to him about receiving them. He wanted his money NOW! I told him that I would send no money until I had them in hand. They finally came yesterday. I've waited five months to get all the DVD's as promised and had to pay an extortion fee to get them. That is the only word to describe what he pulled on me.

So now I'm ready to make a new agreement with him just like he did with me back in February. What goes around comes around, and that's what's happening to Mike right now. If he's squirming, that's too bad. I'm not moved by his pleas.

P.S. The DVD's he sent me came in plain paper sleeves with no label. I have yet to view them for quality. They may well be worthless. At this point that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

J could have walked when M restructured the deal which is what i would have done...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it seems to me that there is more time involved here than the $$$ is worth. I price my time higher, with this way of thinking has made me more $$$ than anything. Fighting over small $$ aint worth the time. I hope it all works out and the players get a piece,

PC_John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am mostly a lurker and I do not know anyone involved here. If I had the money I would send TVMike a few bucks to help him out and then see just what kind of man he really is.

To Jay I say this. From reading your other post on this board and what other posters say, I believe that you are to much of a man to stiff someone that has already stated that he is broke and trying to make ends meet.

Pay or send the stuff back. Revenge does not look good on you or anyone else. If you lose out on this by doing the right thing it will come back to you in some other way and your honor will be intact. jmo of course.:yes:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

I was gonna stay out of this but.....are you kidding me?

Using the tragic death of a poor woman as a tool to try and leverage someone into paying a lousy couple hundred bucks is one of the shittiest things I have ever seen on this forum. I knew you were a weird cat when I saw you walking around Derby with a sign taped to your chest selling bootleg DVD's but this shit is ridiculous.

The constant threats of suicide, delusions of grandeur ("best straight pool set in history") inability to see things from another's point of view.....you have some serious issues dude. Seek help. Or better yet just go away and be crazy by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.