TVmike has proven untrustworthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry to have to finally give a negative reference on this guy, but I've had enough. It is nearly five months since the end of Derby City and he has yet to produce all the copies of the One Pocket Challenge DVD's that he promised me. Our original agreement was for him to come down and shoot the challenge, and stream it if possible. I would get the copies of the best runs and sell them with him getting a share of the profits. All well and good so far. I even offered to share my room with him during the challenge.

As it turned out he found someone else to stay with. He set up his one camera and shot for three days, no problem. At no time did I agree to pay him anything. And he didn't ask either. After DCC was over he took all the footage home with him, with the agreement that he would make copies and send them to me. That's when everything began to change. He had the footage of the challenge and I had nothing, just his word, which turned out to be worthless. First he told me a sob story about all his expenses and asked for $200 to help him out. He said he would use the money to make the copies and send them to me shortly. Reluctantly I send him the money.

I waited and waited and still nothing. Then I heard he was selling copies on his own. I contacted him and told him that he was not authorized to do that. He responded that he needed to make some money to help cover his expenses. I reminded him that our agreement was that I would sell the DVD's and pay him a percentage. He now wanted to negotiate a new deal, since he had all the cards. He said he would make the copies for me and charge me $8 apiece for them. In other words he was taking out his percentage in front. He had me over a barrel so I agreed. Some time later he sent me ten copies each of Mika and Schmidt's runs. I sent him $160 to pay for them as I'd agreed to do.

I now asked him about Alex' three good runs to finish 2nd, 3rd and tied for 4th. He said they were all included on two DVD's and they would also cost me $160 for twenty total copies. Once again I agreed, under duress I might add. A month or so later he said they were on the way and would I trust him and send the money now. I told him I would send the money as soon as I received them, not a minute earlier. I was already getting a very bad feeling about this guy. Following this exchange he began communicating to me about all his adversity, how tough his life was and that he needed the money right away. I refused. He kept telling me the the DVD's should be there any day now. Guess what, this has been going on for two months now and still no DVD's.

When I asked him for the tracking number all he has given me is a run around. He now says he can't find it??? The first two sets of DVD's he sent to my home address. Now he's telling me that he sent the Alex DVD's to my P.O. Box, and was blaming the post office for the foul up. Now I knew something was rotten in Denmark. He's now asking me to pay in advance for a new set of Alex DVD's. I have refused to do so, so I guess I won't be getting them. Mike has gone back on his word so many times, and drained me for money I didn't owe him, that I'm at a point where I won't throw good money after bad. Shame on him and shame on me for trusting him. Be forewarned!

Last edited:

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again." - G.W. Bush

ndpoulin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a shame. What's more upsetting is that you hear of situations like this all to often here on this forum... The billiard community needs more honest folk. :-/

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
I'm sorry to have to finally give a negative reference on this guy, but I've had enough. It is nearly five months since the end of Derby City and he has yet to produce all the copies of the One Pocket Challenge DVD's that he promised me. Our original agreement was for him to come down and shoot the challenge, and stream it if possible. I would get the copies of the best runs and sell them with him getting a share of the profits. All well and good so far. I even offered to share my room with him during the challenge.

As it turned out he found someone else to stay with. He set up his one camera and shot for three days, no problem. At no time did I agree to pay him anything. And he didn't ask either. After DCC was over he took all the footage home with him, with the agreement that he would make copies and send them to me. That's when everything began to change. He had the footage of the challenge and I had nothing, just his word, which turned out to be worthless. First he told me a sob story about all his expenses and asked for $200 to help him out. He said he would use the money to make the copies and send them to me shortly. Reluctantly I send him the money.

I waited and waited and still nothing. Then I heard he was selling copies on his own. I contacted him and told him that he was not authorized to do that. He responded that he needed to make some money to help cover his expenses. I reminded him that our agreement was that I would sell the DVD's and pay him a percentage. He now wanted to negotiate a new deal, since he had all the cards. He said he would make the copies for me and charge me $8 apiece for them. In other words he was taking out his percentage in front. He had me over a barrel so I agreed. Some time later he sent me ten copies each of Mika and Schmidt's runs. I sent him $160 to pay for them as I'd agreed to do.

I now asked him about Alex' three good runs to finish 2nd, 3rd and tied for 4th. He said they were all included on two DVD's and they would also cost me $160 for twenty total copies. Once again I agreed, under duress I might add. A month or so later he said they were on the way and would I trust him and send the money now. I told him I would send the money as soon as I received them, not a minute earlier. I was already getting a very bad feeling about this guy. Following this exchange he began communicating to me about all his adversity, how tough his life was and that he needed the money right away. I refused. He kept telling me the the DVD's should be there any day now. Guess what, this has been going on for two months now and still no DVD's.

When I asked him for the tracking number all he has given me is a run around. He now says he can't find it??? The first two sets of DVD's he sent me came to my home address. Now he was telling me that he sent the Alex DVD's to my P.O. Box and was blaming my post office for the foul up. Now I knew something was rotten in Denmark. He is now asking me to pay him in advance for a new set of Alex DVD's. I have refused to do so, so I guess I won't be getting them. Mike has gone back on his word so many times, and drained me for money I didn't owe him, that I'm at a point where I won't throw good money after bad.

Shame on him and shame on me for trusting him. Be forewarned!

I really sorry to hear this Jay. I know you gave him every chance to do the honorable thing even after he took advantage of you by not living up to his original agreement. I also know that you're an honorable man who would rather give the guy the benefit of the doubt than make a big deal about it. The sad thing is that it couldn't cost him more than $20 to make the second deal right. He already has the footage and just needs to copy it to the DVD's. He's obviously a pretty sorry business man as proven by this transaction and the way he handled the live stream of the Strickland/Archer match. After those two episodes I doubt if he could pimp women in a lumber camp! His name is MUD on AZ!

Jeff G. Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sucks you're out all that money and pretty poor of him to not deliver after you paid him for the DVDs he produced.

But if I may back up.....

It is nearly five months since the end of Derby City and he has yet to produce all the copies of the One Pocket Challenge DVD's that he promised me. Our original agreement was for him to come down and shoot the challenge, and stream it if possible. I would get the copies of the best runs and sell them with him getting a share of the profits.

............He set up his one camera and shot for three days, no problem. At no time did I agree to pay him anything.

Maybe I'm out of the loop and completely unaware of something, and for that I apologize. But.... why would he shoot the three-day challenge, produce the DVDs for you to sell, with him only getting a share of the profits?

9BallPaul

Banned
Jay -- You and I have done a little business together and I know you to be an honorable guy. Hate to see your good intentions trampled upon. Good luck with this.

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
desperation

Sounds to me like the guy is hurting for money and is pretty damn desperate .From experience I know that desperation will bring out what is really in a man. It's sad to hear that it's brought this out in him . When I did live streaming it was really hard to even get enough support to cover my basic needs .I don't like feeling like I have to be dishonest to be in any type business or situation. I could of made alot of promises and stuck it out a while longer but chose a better road for me.Maybe this Mike guy will get honest with himself and you too Jay so amends can be made.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to hear what TVMike has to say for himself.

Yes me also,i thought that tv mike was good to go,i know he does a lot of weekly streams up there around the detroit area for free that are usually fun to watch,if this turns out to be true(AFTER WE HEAR TV MIKE SIDE)then i guess you dont never know what will happen when dealing with money and some people.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dont feel bad Jay, you wernt the only one to get lied to.<----------Nothing to do with TVmike

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the guy at DCC who taped a piece of paper on his chest selling his dvd's, and also hanging out with Jason 'Buffalo' Hunt.

I would have never guessed....:shocked:

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the Bad Blood stream....which was atrocious. I then foolishly bought the Bad Blood DVD set.....which is flawed. Truthfully....I think the guy is biting off more than he can chew. I think he means well, but just can't deliver what he promises.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

When I asked him for the tracking number all he has given me is a run around. He now says he can't find it??? The first two sets of DVD's he sent me came to my home address. Now he was telling me that he sent the Alex DVD's to my P.O. Box and was blaming my post office for the foul up. Now I knew something was rotten in Denmark. He is now asking me to pay him in advance for a new set of Alex DVD's. I have refused to do so, so I guess I won't be getting them. Mike has gone back on his word so many times, and drained me for money I didn't owe him, that I'm at a point where I won't throw good money after bad.

Shame on him and shame on me for trusting him. Be forewarned!
Who owns the rights? Who holds the agreement with the players to sell their image? It should not take much if the answer is you do to file a C&D.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no there is alot more going here than the OP, I'll leave it at that. I been around 26 years I aint that slow to figure that out-u should know that.:cool::cool:

always is,
by the way, I lost your number, if you care to pm it to me that would be cool.

Hope things are well

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
YG6vv_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s320x240-181195-580.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.