TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good match in the works!

I can only dream of a rematch like the Hong Kong challenge in `96 with Earl and Efren though.

I have nothing against Shane obviously but he seems to be in 90% of the TAR matches(I can easily be mistaken there). Any chances of seeing different competitors in the future?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Diamond no more has the "table mechanic's" for this kind of set up on the pockets than "Brunswick" does. Changing the corner pockets to 4 1/8" has nothing to do with the Diamond factory....or Diamond table mechanic's...that's an after production change...NOT done by the factory. They build the ProAms to a certain spec...4 1/2" ProCut pockets...they don't build custom sizes of pockets...so, yes...I know what Diamond can do...and what they can't...or won't do. So...I don't think "faith" has anything to do with it....but I do believe and have "faith" in the fact that Diamond builds the "best" factory built "PRO" table in the world.

Call up ANY table manufacture and ask them if they'll build you a pool table with 4 1/8" corner pockets...then get back to me and let me know which ones you found that'll do that;)

Are you done yet?

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations!!

JCIN/TAR-

This is going to be great.

Thanks and best of luck to all participating.

I can't think of a more fitting inaugural event.

I think it's time to upgrade my internet connection speed-this match is worth it.:thumbup:

Take care

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Flooring;

Has anyone asked if they are playing on carpet or something else?

Last edited:

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
I have talked to Jay Helfert and he is going to let me know when he gets back from the P.I. in a couple weeks. Hopefully he can make it.

If I can put enough money together to make a fair offer I will talk to Billy Incardona. Billy has helped us out so many times for free or next to nothing I'm not going to ask him again unless I can make it worth his time. Its a top priority.

This match deserves great commentators and I'm going to do all I can to get them. If I fail I'm gonna put Dippy and Disco in the box and just not look at the chat window. Cross your fingers.

:D

I would like to see Bobby Hunter do more commentary. He has done a nice job on some in the past. It would probably benefit you to find someone good local to the studio to use on a regular basis though. To be honest, I hope the Disco/Dippy option was a joke...

BTW, my vote is for classic rock as the sound track. :)

Island Drive

Silver Member
When the Camel Pro series was televised, the pro non color commentator/professional commentator ''Tommy'' I thought was good, can't remember his last name and have not seen him anywhere on TV since, but I'd think he's still around.

Island Drive

Silver Member
I disagree. Fading conditions is also part of being a professional. Both players faced the same conditions. Shane got in a week of practice on it and the majority of the smart people here said that SVB would beat Earl easily on ANY TABLE of any size.

Fact is that Earl made a ten foot table look like a bar table and Shane looked like he was trying to shoot bowling balls into keyholes.

If I get a week to practice on someone else's table then I can't gripe about it when I gamble on it. If a week isn't enough time to figure out any pool table then I don't know what it would take.

Trapping players on YOUR table, wherever it may be has been going on since gambling started.

Island Drive

Silver Member
No, its not. Just Glen letting everyone know how great he is again.

If someone in business has to tell you how great they are, 99% of the time it's better to take your business elsewhere. One's actions should tell you how good/bad they are. Like children, if you want to know how great your kids are doing, look closely at their friends.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Good match in the works!

I can only dream of a rematch like the Hong Kong challenge in `96 with Earl and Efren though.

I have nothing against Shane obviously but he seems to be in 90% of the TAR matches(I can easily be mistaken there). Any chances of seeing different competitors in the future?

Shane is in most of our matches because quite frankly is the only guy who can and will play anyone in the world for big money. I guess people really dont get how hard it is to get two players to get $10k each and agree on a game, table, rules and dates to play. Its unbelievably hard.

There are a lot of people who could get staked to play but don't want to take a close game because they dont want to take a chance on losing even if they are on a free roll. Also the guys who play our matches are the best in the world so there are no cupcake matches. People think we just pick two guys out of thin air and say "You guys are playing on this date" but it is nothing like that at all. We do real action so thats why you see the same guys in our matches. The real action players.

labatt ice rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This match will NOT be decided on the break! You heard it here first. Playing on a Diamond with four and an eighth inch pockets, there won't be that many balls going on the break, and a lot fewer run-outs as well. NO ONE will be stringing any racks. Good safety play will be key! This match is going to be a long grinding affair, which may favor Alex. Shane wore down in his last match with Earl.

On the flip side, Shane may be peaking right now as a player. He has finally made it all the way to the top of the food chain. No one fazes him anymore, be they filipino, Chinese or Brit! These pockets may prove too tight, I'm thinking 4.25" on Diamonds is really tough. This will be the tightest Diamond ever! I have visions of what happened to Oscar and John Morra on the minus 4" pockets at Hard Times. The table won that match.

I'd be thinking 4.25 here and not 4 and an 1/8. The super tight pockets will change the game and the strategy. They won't look for the run out all the time and will be ducking on tough shots. I don't really know who the super tight pockets favor. Both players shoot super straight. Regardless, we will see missed shots, lots of them! Especially from distance. Playing close position is the name of the game here. So you tell me who controls the cue ball best. That will be your winner. Not the straightest shooter.

Like all of you, I'm looking forward to this one. I return from the PI on Sept. 15 so I can pull up a chair and sweat it along with you. Don't ask me how I'm betting, cause I don't know. Last time I had 500 on Shane and it looked real good at 65-43, and we all know what happened next. I got so caught up in the amazing comeback I totally forgot about my bet.

I don't think either player will shoot a .900 accu-stats rating. I'd bet on that! And I'd bet no one will run over three racks at any time in the match. I'll take 2-1 and bet no one runs three full racks (no short racks). GAL only! :cool:

Once again Jay your the man and your right this match will be a safety battle and the break wont mean s#!t...... Keep up the great work Jay

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member
Shane is in most of our matches because quite frankly is the only guy who can and will play anyone in the world for big money. I guess people really dont get how hard it is to get two players to get $10k each and agree on a game, table, rules and dates to play. Its unbelievably hard.

There are a lot of people who could get staked to play but don't want to take a close game because they dont want to take a chance on losing even if they are on a free roll. Also the guys who play our matches are the best in the world so there are no cupcake matches. People think we just pick two guys out of thin air and say "You guys are playing on this date" but it is nothing like that at all. We do real action so thats why you see the same guys in our matches. The real action players.

Most of us (I hope) understand exactly what you're saying - that's why we really appreciate you & your crew and the excellent job you do. :thumbup:

Please let us know about the available seating as soon as you can. :smile: