Open Offer to Danny Harriman and John Schmidt from TAR

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
That would surprise me greatly but I could be wrong. Going on five years of doing these and one of the few things I havent heard is "I didnt buy the match because they weren't mic'ed"

Bottom line is players hate to wear them and whenever possible and practical we default to the players wishes. I used to think it would be cool to have players mic'ed but then I started spending a lot of time around microphones and quickly understood why its no much fun having everything you say go out on an open channel.

People want the mic's because they want to hear the funny or outrageous shit players say under the heat. I understand it but I also understand its hard enough to compete in front of an audience critiquing every move you make without having to worry about letting something slip in the heat of the moment. Its a no win situation for the players.

Make ea player wear earpods during match play and listen to the same background music.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Make ea player wear earpods during match play and listen to the same background music.

Justin PLEASE stay with the long sets..... I would be way more inclined to pay for ll 3 days knowing they all mattered and I might get to see great comebacks and great lead stretches.....

I under stand that some rail birds would think betting short sets would be better but that is a moot point... you can set the line every day in a long set as to who gets to what because you know the cutoff for the day.......

TAR to me is and should be about epic battles not spit wad fights.......

LasVJunior

Registered
I have read the entire post , an i like the format Jcin has going, All I want to know is how much are those 8 to 10 seats worth for the 3 days?????? I live here in Vegas an I want in!!!!

fasteddief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in for PPV and I'll pay for my son. One suggestion if a player wins 2 straight sets play the third set for 2000.00 Lower the prize money to 4000.00 to winner 1000.00 to loser and the next set for 2000.00 winner takes all. Jacin I know how to spend your money LOL FastEddieF.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
They would be crazy not to take up this offer, play a great match,free hotel and airfare and if you lose you still get a 1000 bucks? sheeeeet.

I was thinking the same thing and for most of us, this would be a sweet deal, kind of like a vacation of sorts without expenses.

However, when you put on the player's cap, not as sweet as it first appears. First off, getting in gear for a match like this takes effort and time, even for the most talented players. These guys will practice hard, maybe not for weeks or months at a time but for at least a few days of hard practice and maybe a week or so.

Then you have to think about their regular jobs. I have to assume that both of them have jobs and they have to take off from that, so that is money that they won't be receiving.

Then you have the earnings from the match. While most of us would be thrilled to have the opportunity to earn $5,000. When you think about the other side of the coin, $1,000 for 3 days work minus the earnings you would have made from your regular job, isn't going to make the Forbes list of highest paid jobs.

One guy is going to take home a nice chunk and the other, will be able to pay the rent for a month.

This isn't a knock on TAR at all. I'm just sitting here thinking about the economics for both players. TAR is stepping up to the plate with a nice offer. Hopefully the two players will move forward. We're talking about 4-6 weeks off maximum. Not a whole lot of time.

For me, I doubt if I could justify taking off from work for 4 days in exchange for making $1,000. The $5,000 sounds way more attractive but it's a gamble.

Any word from either player?

Don't know what Danny of John or doing these days but I am glad to see them letting bygones be bygones.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking the same thing and for most of us, this would be a sweet deal, kind of like a vacation of sorts without expenses.

However, when you put on the player's cap, not as sweet as it first appears. First off, getting in gear for a match like this takes effort and time, even for the most talented players. These guys will practice hard, maybe not for weeks or months at a time but for at least a few days of hard practice and maybe a week or so.

Then you have to think about their regular jobs. I have to assume that both of them have jobs and they have to take off from that, so that is money that they won't be receiving.

Then you have the earnings from the match. While most of us would be thrilled to have the opportunity to earn $5,000. When you think about the other side of the coin, $1,000 for 3 days work minus the earnings you would have made from your regular job, isn't going to make the Forbes list of highest paid jobs.

One guy is going to take home a nice chunk and the other, will be able to pay the rent for a month.

This isn't a knock on TAR at all. I'm just sitting here thinking about the economics for both players. TAR is stepping up to the plate with a nice offer. Hopefully the two players will move forward. We're talking about 4-6 weeks off maximum. Not a whole lot of time.

For me, I doubt if I could justify taking off from work for 4 days in exchange for making $1,000. The $5,000 sounds way more attractive but it's a gamble.

Don't know what Danny of John or doing these days but I am glad to see them letting bygones be bygones.

If they both work, who knows if they do, I don't think John does right now, They could get away with taking 1 day off, 2 weekend days and 1 work day. Thats it.

Lets just hope this happens.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny was logged on earlier & read the thread & didn't respond...guess he's not interested...too bad..i was in for the ppv & was gonna try n get a bet down on my buddy John !

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
If they both work, who knows if they do, I don't think John does right now, They could get away with taking 1 day off, 2 weekend days and 1 work day. Thats it.

Lets just hope this happens.

Absolutely!
Can you say LEGENDARY MATCH?

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny was logged on earlier & read the thread & didn't respond...guess he's not interested...too bad..i was in for the ppv & was gonna try n get a bet down on my buddy John !

How do you know he read it and didn't call Justin and respond in private?

He may want to change something or just let Justin announce it when all is confirmed.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure glad I posted this match as the one people wanted to see in the TAR podcast....I threw it out there and Justin bit....sure hope this thing goes off!!!!:grin:

You can count me in as a purchaser of the ppv....Thanks Justin for your effort in making this thing happen....:thumbup:

Gary

denzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love watching both players but i would like to c them play a true all around. Imo 8 ball and bank pool should be added probably going to be the last time either ever plays each other anyways.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you know he read it and didn't call Justin and respond in private?

He may want to change something or just let Justin announce it when all is confirmed.

ummmm..because it showed he was online & i clicked on his profile & it said he was viewing thread..so u add that to another poster that said he talked to him & he was gonna respond & Tah Dah ! there's your answer.

ps i did say i guess...i hope not but would think if it moved him he would have responded....in another thread he wanted to add banks to play...that in itself is a deal breaker

Last edited:

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Premium PPV Package...

Make all 3-days $100 and throw in the DVDs of their last get togethers... I guarantee you will have at least 1 Premium Package sale...:smile:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

So an all expenses paid free roll into $6000 added two man tournament is a worse deal than paying the nut to go to a $10-$25K added event where you have place top 3 in a field of 64-128 and spend a week doing it ?

If players feel this way then we have seen our last TAR match.

Unbelievable.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I spoke to John Schmidt a couple hours ago and asked what he tought of it all. He told me its a great idea and he wants in. He also said that he thinks that Danny is probably going to make a fuss over something for whatever reason. Maybe more $ maybe scared and looking for a reason to get out but Mr 400 is all ready to go. I am sure that Justin already knows this but thought I would share that JS is not the one holding this match up.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I received this PM from Danny Harriman:

"The fact remains that u found John a $2,000 free money appearence fee a few yrs back and John turned it down. Then had the adacity to make it known to the public on this forum was a mistake from your end I think sir. It was unprofessional from your end and in my view was nothing but an insult to me as there was never any offer to me. My best offer is $3,500.00 + all expenses paid, I have to prepare for this and that involves me relocating to do so. Just to let u know had u not made that post a couple of yrs ago I would have played for less. I am not as proud as u might think - but I hope your able to raise the $3500.00 for me and what ever millionaire u have found for John's appearence fee can stay between u and John."

A little background:

Couple years ago when Danny and John flared up here I called John and tried to entice him to play by offering $2000 appearance fee. He refused saying it wasnt worth playing Danny at any price. So I just never even called Danny with an offer because whats the point? I'm guessing thats what he referred to here.

As for my answer to Danny Harriman regarding paying him $3500 + Expenses I simply reply: No.

I am done with this whole saga and wish both guys nothing but the best. Anytime talk of this match flairs up again I can link to this thread as proof we tried.

There you have it folks. This thread did what I wanted and answered this question once and for all. On to the next one.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I doubt either has a day job but I could be wrong. I thought their bread and butter is playing pool. :smile: