TAR 28 Podcast tonight with Corey Deuel and John Schmidt 9PM EST. Any Questions ?

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
We will be doing a podcast tonight at 9 PM Eastern/6PM Pacific with John Schmidt and Corey Deuel. We will be talking about this weekends TAR 28 sponsored by Kamui and CSI match up beginning Friday at 7 PM Eastern.

As we have done before we would like to know if anyone here has questions they would like us to ask either or both players. I'll try to get the guys on the table as well to demo some the things they talk about.

This should be a very interesting match between two of America's best All Around players. Join us tonight for a discusion about many varied topics.

You can watch the podcast here live and free tonight: www.theactionreport.com

It will be up on YouTube later tonight after its over as well.

So....any questions for the guys?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
for John:

If you could take one game out of the format and put straight pool in it's place, which would it be?

for Corey:

Do you think you will have a much harder time in 8ball on the TAR table then normal or do you plan to see the results you normally get?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
For both guys:

"For top players, do you feel that 8 Ball is easier on a barbox or 9 foot table?"

and as a follow up question:

"Do you feel 8 ball is an easier game than 9/10 Ball?"

Eric

Rubyron

R.I.P. Smorgass Bored
Silver Member
I would like to know...

Biggest packages ever delivered in 9-ball (8-ball,10-ball, etc., etc.)

Most $ ever won AND lost.

How they aim. (Johnny and Shane was riveting)

Blood type, SSN (etc., etc.) :D

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question one: If you had to pick a underdog to win the US OPEN, who would it be? no previous winners

Question two: This is a funny question but, Have either of you had a gf or wife that stopped you from going to certain pool tournaments by making you feel guilty? if so which?

sorry i had to ask because it has happen to me more times then i can count

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For both players: what are your practice routines.. how long, how many days a week etc; do you do any kind of drills or do you just play.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Question for both

What is their opinion of the trend of moving to tighter and tighter tables?

Is there a sweet spot or a breaking point?

Thanks for asking for input

kollegedave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to hear each of them answer the question I asked Shane:

As their games improved, what was the single most important factor that helped them move their skill level, from a good amateur, to an elite level player; was it action with better players, practice, tournaments, or something else?

Thank You,

kollegedave

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For Corey:

Have you ever seriously considered dedicating yourself to golf full-time to see if you are pro caliber?

For both:

1. If you weren't a professional pool player, but career would you have pursued?

2. What do you like most about being a professional pool player?

3. What do you dislike the most about being a professional pool player?

Last edited:

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Does Cory still have that damn cat??? And, who buys a cat in Nashville on the road and then traps his buddy hauling him and the damn cat back to Columbus??? Haaahaaa

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Corey,

Is there any truth to the rumor that you go by the name "Big Ern" when you are on the road and why?

DGHustles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FOR COREY - what is the state of his pool career? Given his quasi absence of the last few years, is he planning on getting back to the tournament scene, and what has he generally been up to?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
14 posts and no one has brought it up? Where's the jihadist at, anyway? :p

I'd like to hear their views on the open-after-the-break vs take-what-you-make "controversy" from last week.

Thanks as always to the players for making time to do this, and to Mark and Justin. It really is appreciated.

DrOnePocket

Banned
Question for Corey...

How many days and hours per day do you practice for an event like this and what type of practice are you doing considering the format?

Question for John...

What type of diet do you eat/drink the day of an event like this to make sure you stay fueled and hydrated?

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for Corey. If you were John, would prefer open after break in eight ball or you got what you make?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to know how bad Corey plans on WHUPPIN SCHMIDTY"S A$$$$$$$$!

but that's just a general note of interest, as opposed to a specific/ actual question for any individual participant in the proceedings:eek:.

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for both:which game in this challenge is your best game?

also which game in general is your best game?