james, walden needing a stake or sponsor for u.s. open

I never said people should stand in line to back James Walden. I did say he was a worthy candidate.

If I wanted to back anyone, I'd send my boyfriend out there. Just because I defend James Walden against the bashers doesn't mean I am asking you or anyone else to fork out $2,000 ot $5.

FWIW, me and mine happy living in a home with a dog and a nice back yard. We have a pool table in the basement, but it never gets played on. We shop at Whole Foods most times and enjoy organic veggies and fresh seafood. We only eat red meat once a week. I work two jobs and keep my house afloat. I am currently looking to purchase a second home in Tennessee or North Carolina, and when I do, I will be retiring and moving.

Maybe I'll see you at the U.S. Open at that time. :cool:

You will see me out, but not that event.
worked $730 in OT this week. There is plenty of money to be made out there. The economy is an excuse for the lazy and becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just start a sub-forum for sponsorships..Even know he acted like a complete asshole to me I hope he does get staked.He is a good player no doubt...I like to see pl make money..And as jumpinjoe stated..We want to see him pumped up cause we would like to gamble with him...

That is a good thought, but herein lies the problem.

A player like James Walden who cannot post on a computer without assistance, as has been stated, should not come on AzBilliards and post like a hit-and-run thread and never come back until 2 or 3 days later.

When you're coming on a forum asking for a stake, it requires a back-and-forth colloquy. James doesn't have his own computer and can't post unless he goes to a library, a Kinkos, or a friend's house who has a computer. Time for him can post is limited, I guess you could say.

I think the way Cleary handled it was great, but Cleary is a "regular" contributor to this forum. That's why he got action. James Walden is not a regular contributor to the forum. If he was, I'm sure the response here would be quite different. Just my thoughts on the matter. :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will see me out, but not that event.
worked $730 in OT this week. There is plenty of money to be made out there. The economy is an excuse for the lazy and becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy.

I'm in the same boat. I totally empathize with the overtime situation. I work every day of the week and sometimes 18-hour days. I do enjoy working and count my blessings that I do have a job to earn an income, but my health is not as good as it once was. I would like to enjoy whatever life I have left with my BF, my dog, and my daughter without having to work 24/7/365. I hope I outlive my BF. I may not outlive my dog at the rate I'm going. :eek:

You know what they say about all work and no play. :wink:

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a good thought, but herein lies the problem.

A player like James Walden who cannot post on a computer without assistance, as has been stated, should not come on AzBilliards and post like a hit-and-run thread and never come back until 2 or 3 days later.

When you're coming on a forum asking for a stake, it requires a back-and-forth colloquy. James doesn't have his own computer and can't post unless he goes to a library, a Kinkos, or a friend's house who has a computer. Time for him can post is limited, I guess you could say.

I think the way Cleary handled it was great, but Cleary is a "regular" contributor to this forum. That's why he got action. James Walden is not a regular contributor to the forum. If he was, I'm sure the response here would be quite different. Just my thoughts on the matter. :)

I feel there is several ppl that visit this forum that would love to have a player to pull for at these events.I do agree that regular activity and communication from the player would help the odds of getting staked..

I guess me and cleary are gonna open a website with potential investors for pool tournaments..ha ha

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
That's why he got action. James Walden is not a regular contributor to the forum.

That sums it up pretty well. I believe that is where the majority of the resistance from the members comes from.

I also realize that if a person isn't comfortable with computers, that it isn't totally their fault either.

Myself included, if I see that it is just a hit and run thread asking for money, and they haven't contributed anything of substance to the forum, they ain't getting anything from me.

Cleary is an example. Most of us only sent him 5 or 10 dollars. He was asking for the entrance fee and not the entire expense for the tourney. If he would have asked for more, he most likely would have got it.

I think his thread was started as half a joke anyway and it just took off.

As in the Joyner thread, we find out shortly after that it wasn't Cliff that started the thread. How does anyone know where we are sending out money to.

And as I mentioned in JW's thread, if these allegations were true, which they weren't, it just makes it tougher if not impossible for another sincere player to get a stake in the future.

I am surprised that after the last go round that there wasn't a Sticky posted by the owners prohibiting Stake Threads.

May happen in the near future.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sums it up pretty well. I believe that is where the majority of the resistance from the members comes from.

I also realize that if a person isn't comfortable with computers, that it isn't totally their fault either.

Myself included, if I see that it is just a hit and run thread asking for money, and they haven't contributed anything of substance to the forum, they ain't getting anything from me.

Cleary is an example. Most of us only sent him 5 or 10 dollars. He was asking for the entrance fee and not the entire expense for the tourney. If he would have asked for more, he most likely would have got it.

I think his thread was started as half a joke anyway and it just took off.

As in the Joyner thread, we find out shortly after that it wasn't Cliff that started the thread. How does anyone know where we are sending out money to.

And as I mentioned in JW's thread, if these allegations were true, which they weren't, it just makes it tougher if not impossible for another sincere player to get a stake in the future.

I am surprised that after the last go round that there wasn't a Sticky posted by the owners prohibiting Stake Threads.

May happen in the near future.

Anybody that sends that kind of money & aint there in person to sweat it or have a agent there on their behalf would have it coming to them...I've staked more players over the years then i can count but you can bet one thing...I was there to sweat it in person...except a few times that I Couldnt be there cuz they knew I ran around with good players..but I either had alot of trust in the person I was staking or had a agent lookin out for me.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
100% Troy. I don't mind sending a guy a 20 or so to add to the total.

I know that maybe a 20 that isn't a huge amount but sometimes for the right person its a good deal.

Still, I would like to know that the right person is getting it, otherwise I will spend it on table time and beer.

jameswalden

Those records are inaccurate or running considerably behind. I just the Bigtime classic in Huston, tx march 2013. go check that out.

jameswalden

I am not with that "snag" as you put it. Not exactly sure what that is, but I thought I made it very clear, that we parted ways.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not with that "snag" as you put it. Not exactly sure what that is, but I thought I made it very clear, that we parted ways.

Aw, James. I'm so sorry about the turn of events. It seems that Debi has ruined your credibility to get funding on AzBilliards. I know she feels bad about it today, but the damage is done and unfortunately can't be reversed in the minds of the readership here.

I realize you don't deserve to have the falsehoods written about you. Debi might be a nice person, but what she did on this pool forum was intentional, with malice aforethought, and totally inexcusable. She has done permanent damage, and it will be burned in the memories of this forum for a long, long time, sad to say. :(

I sincerely hope you do find a way to get to the Open, and more than that, I'd like nothing better than to see you win it. How cool would that be?! Best to you, James. You deserve a better hand than the one you were dealt on this forum by Debi.

yeoldedebi

Registered
Let me tell you all something. Yes I am the one that wrote that post and I have regretted it ever since. None of you know anything about me and frankly I don't care what any of u think of me but I want to clear James of all the stuff I made up in that post. Everything was entirely made up and untrue. I didn't put one word of truth in that post because I am not about to air our actual dirty laundry like that. * I am not a bad person and my actions were completely out of character for me. I am a good hearted girl I just let my the hurt in my heart take over for my brain for all of about 15 minutes. *I am not going to go into detail, but james and I had been fighting over some stuff and I ended up leaving him over it. Once I left he was torturing me with words thru texts and calls not only on my phone but on my nieces phone too. *I told him over and over to stop. *I begged him to stop. He kept on....rubbing my nose in what we had broken up over. I kept telling him to stop but he wouldn't. He kept on and on, each time with more hurtful words than the time before. I begged him and warned him that I was almost to my breaking point. But he would not stop. *I begged him over and over to just leave me alone. *For some reason he would not stop even though he knew every word was breaking my heart. *Finally I snapped! *I was beyond the point of return and all I could think about was hurting him like he hurt me. *I know that is no excuse for my actions and I know how wrong I was and I wish I could take it back. I certainly didn't deserve the hurt he was inflicting on me but my course of action for retaliation *was totally out of line. No matter what he had done or said to me he certainly didnt deserve to be slandered like that with a bunch of lies. *And for that I will always feel horrible and be sorry. *Honestly I didn't think it would get so out of control like it did. I guess I didn't really think about it when I posted it. *And then I could not figure out how to undo what I had done. *Regardless of the hurt he was putting me thru, he never deserved to be put thru the hell he went thru over that one post. *I am very ashamed of my actions and I will feel bad and think about what I did to him everyday for a really long time. *And frankly i would not blame him for never speaking to me again *I am truly sorry for what I did to him and I wish I could take it back. Once I reached my breaking point my brain seemed to just leave the room. I guess its really true, Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. *James is a good guy and a GREAT POOL PLAYER. The reason there is no record of his winnings is because he stayed under the radar for a long time. *Did u know he played the highest set ever played and won? *He won a set for $260,000 in baton rouge in 1996. * *When it comes to getting the cash he is your man. *He honestly has more integrity than anyone I *know in the pool department. *He is true to the game and to anyone that stakes him. *He knows more than i even thought there was to know about pool. *He has a genuine love and true respect for the game like no other. *The reason his finances are where they are at is because he retired for 6 years. *And no, we are not back together so dont anyone think thats the reason for my post. *But he falls short in some areas in the boyfriend department. Is what none of you realize are all the events leading up to me reaching my breaking point. I would give anything to be able to go back and undo what I did. *I know I damaged his untarnished reputation and I deserve every bit of the hurt he inflicted on me and then some because of that post. *As for the US OPEN, I have started back to work at my old job and if I am able to make enough by then I would love to stake James out there. I know he is more than capable of winning anything he plays in. I have seen him do things on that table that don't even seem possible. *James was a TOP player for a long time but he didn't play in the big events. He went to them and gambled throughout the event then if he could he gambled with the guys that won and from what I hear, he always got the money. *Pool is the one thing James has always had a deep love and respect for. He is a VERY worthy candidate for staking. I wish I had more time to come up with the funds he needs. I would stake him in an instant even though were are no longer together. * James, if u see this, if I don't make enough by the time the OPEN comes up, please hit me up for the next big event. I'm in on that one for sure. Maybe somehow I can make up for what I did to u. I hope u know how sorry I am. *I know u know that I have always loved u and still do. I can't defend my actions because no matter what u did to me I was out of line. You know I would have never hurt u had I not reached my breaking point. *I know we both have made mistakes and hurt each other and I realize I went too far and for that I am truly sorry.*

Regretfully,
Debi

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me tell you all something. Yes I am the one that wrote that post and I have regretted it ever since. None of you know anything about me and frankly I don't care what any of u think of me but I want to clear James of all the stuff I made up in that post. Everything was entirely made up and untrue. I didn't put one word of truth in that post because I am not about to air our actual dirty laundry like that. * I am not a bad person and my actions were completely out of character for me. I am a good hearted girl I just let my the hurt in my heart take over for my brain for all of about 15 minutes. *I am not going to go into detail, but james and I had been fighting over some stuff and I ended up leaving him over it. Once I left he was torturing me with words thru texts and calls not only on my phone but on my nieces phone too. *I told him over and over to stop. *I begged him to stop. He kept on....rubbing my nose in what we had broken up over. I kept telling him to stop but he wouldn't. He kept on and on, each time with more hurtful words than the time before. I begged him and warned him that I was almost to my breaking point. But he would not stop. *I begged him over and over to just leave me alone. *For some reason he would not stop even though he knew every word was breaking my heart. *Finally I snapped! *I was beyond the point of return and all I could think about was hurting him like he hurt me. *I know that is no excuse for my actions and I know how wrong I was and I wish I could take it back. I certainly didn't deserve the hurt he was inflicting on me but my course of action for retaliation *was totally out of line. No matter what he had done or said to me he certainly didnt deserve to be slandered like that with a bunch of lies. *And for that I will always feel horrible and be sorry. *Honestly I didn't think it would get so out of control like it did. I guess I didn't really think about it when I posted it. *And then I could not figure out how to undo what I had done. *Regardless of the hurt he was putting me thru, he never deserved to be put thru the hell he went thru over that one post. *I am very ashamed of my actions and I will feel bad and think about what I did to him everyday for a really long time. *And frankly i would not blame him for never speaking to me again *I am truly sorry for what I did to him and I wish I could take it back. Once I reached my breaking point my brain seemed to just leave the room. I guess its really true, Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. *James is a good guy and a GREAT POOL PLAYER. The reason there is no record of his winnings is because he stayed under the radar for a long time. *Did u know he played the highest set ever played and won? *He won a set for $260,000 in baton rouge in 1996. * *When it comes to getting the cash he is your man. *He honestly has more integrity than anyone I *know in the pool department. *He is true to the game and to anyone that stakes him. *He knows more than i even thought there was to know about pool. *He has a genuine love and true respect for the game like no other. *The reason his finances are where they are at is because he retired for 6 years. *And no, we are not back together so dont anyone think thats the reason for my post. *But he falls short in some areas in the boyfriend department. Is what none of you realize are all the events leading up to me reaching my breaking point. I would give anything to be able to go back and undo what I did. *I know I damaged his untarnished reputation and I deserve every bit of the hurt he inflicted on me and then some because of that post. *As for the US OPEN, I have started back to work at my old job and if I am able to make enough by then I would love to stake James out there. I know he is more than capable of winning anything he plays in. I have seen him do things on that table that don't even seem possible. *James was a TOP player for a long time but he didn't play in the big events. He went to them and gambled throughout the event then if he could he gambled with the guys that won and from what I hear, he always got the money. *Pool is the one thing James has always had a deep love and respect for. He is a VERY worthy candidate for staking. I wish I had more time to come up with the funds he needs. I would stake him in an instant even though were are no longer together. * James, if u see this, if I don't make enough by the time the OPEN comes up, please hit me up for the next big event. I'm in on that one for sure. Maybe somehow I can make up for what I did to u. I hope u know how sorry I am. *I know u know that I have always loved u and still do. I can't defend my actions because no matter what u did to me I was out of line. You know I would have never hurt u had I not reached my breaking point. *I know we both have made mistakes and hurt each other and I realize I went too far and for that I am truly sorry.*

Regretfully,
Debi

I smell two big rats RUN FORREST RUN

yeoldedebi

Registered
I don't really know what u mean by that. I did not post that to try to get James back. He and I r over. I just thought the right thing to do would be to own up to what I did in hope of clearing james' name. I dont care about the approval or disapproval of anyone. I JUST WANTED TO OWN UP TO MY MISTAKE AND APOLOGIZE TO JAMES.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I agree with this. One of the reasons Chris Bartram can get staked so quickly and easily is because he laid out exactly what the deal was, sold off small interests that anybody could afford, and is a regular contributor to the forum. I participated in that despite what I knew was going to be world class competition with a real long shot on a return because I like Chris and I wanted to see him play in the event. I like him because he is a regular forum participant and contributor, even though I've never met him.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Regretfully,
Debi

Debi, first and foremost, it takes a lot of guts to come on this forum and admit you wrote that post under another forum identity. That takes strength to do something like that. :smile:

I think maybe you should consider not posting anything about your relationship with James, whether it is on or off, mainly because it will get ripped to shreds by the forum trolls. In the end, it will probably anger and/or hurt your feelings when you read what is written, and I think your emotions are fragile right now. You certainly don't need to subject yourself to that.

Those of us who *know* James are aware he's a good guy in the pool word.

It may be a good idea for you to concentrate on what's important to you and your life at this juncture. James is a big boy, and he will survive, as will you. :)

Don't let anybody steal your joy, Debi. Take care of you and yours. You have children, and they probably need you more than James. You are blessed to have family. Be all that you can be. :cool:

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't really know what u mean by that. I did not post that to try to get James back. He and I r over. I just thought the right thing to do would be to own up to what I did in hope of clearing james' name. I dont care about the approval or disapproval of anyone. I JUST WANTED TO OWN UP TO MY MISTAKE AND APOLOGIZE TO JAMES.

You could have very easily done this in a couple ways that would not have brought this back to the front of the forum.

1. Call him
2. Send his ID a Private Message

So since there are shady things associated with your name on this forum, it only appears to me that you posted on here in hopes of getting back to the front page.

Even if it was good intentions in order to help get James staked, people see your name and collective eyes roll in the back of their heads across the globe.