Mosconi Cup, Team USA, the real problem still exists.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, many people don't "real eyes" their vision could be drastically improved through exercise, instead of corrective lenses.......of course exercise isn't exactly popular with anyone that doesn't want to improve, so there's a dilemma.

When I went through my physical fitness protocol in Phoenix I saw Pro Baseball players do this type of training routinely, especially the ambitious hitters.
goals.JPG

You might want to check your sources, that old story about goals and the Harvard study isn't true.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
as i recall people went to jail over the eye exercise scam-again works as good as a crystal in your pocket or Ginko Baloba- ahahahahaha

I remember many years ago, I received some pamphlets in the mail from an Actual Genuine Airline Pilot who developed a series of glasses that when worn in succession under his guidance of course, would get you 20/20 in no time.

As at one time, I had plans to become a pilot, I knew that I had to do 2 things, eyesight and penis enlargement.

Well, I still wear glasses.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember many years ago, I received some pamphlets in the mail from an Actual Genuine Airline Pilot who developed a series of glasses that when worn in succession under his guidance of course, would get you 20/20 in no time.

As at one time, I had plans to become a pilot, I knew that I had to do 2 things, eyesight and penis enlargement.

Well, I still wear glasses.

You realize that old saying is true, i.e., had you quit tugging on it, you vision may have not diminished.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is exactly my point. Around 35 million people "participate" in billiards in the US yet there are about 26 million golfers in the US. The difference being, because someone participates in pool, doesn't make them a pool player. That doesn't mean they own a cue or a case or play in a tournament etc. Just means playing pool is one of the various things that they do every few months.

Golfers stick to the top 5-6 brands. Those brands do very well because not every swinging d*ck with a basement isn't making clubs. When the brands do well, they advertise with their sponsored players, their players do well... and so on and so forth. So of the 26,000,000 people who actually buy golf clubs, shoes, balls, tees, clothes... they all stick to the same 5-6 brands (for the most part)

No take a look at pool. How many people play pool more than just "date night" level? I would say close to 300,000 and maybe half of those actually take is somewhat serious or better... Now in pool, we also have about 5-6 main brands like Predator, Lucasi, OB, Mezz etc and dozens of less popular brands... and on top of that, hundreds of custom cue makers. Maybe thousands. So basically, our very much smaller market is so completely watered down that nobody really does well.

I don't expect some people to understand this...

what are you saying? :)

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Maybe that no major sporting goods companies are involved in making cues?

Not exactly true. Cooper. I believe that one can still find that fine brand of Cue at Wal Mart.

Sport Craft? I think they were into Badminton Rackets, Nets and Birds. Maybe tents, sleeping bags, and picnic coolers. I can't remember.

But, Sport Craft Cues are or were available at Wally World also.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
is it laziness, foolishness, or are they simply masochistic?

The human eye requires proper circulation, exercise and maintenance and nutrition.

Proper exercise and nutrition is good for someone's health, a lot of people should try it sometime......and they don't

Drinking water is vital for good health, a lot of people should try it sometime.....and they don't (instead they drink sodas, tea, coffee and/or beer)

Cleanses are also helpful to regain health, a lot of people should try one sometime.....and they don't (the average american's liver is more polluted than a river)

"should" is a funny word, because most of the time when people "should" do something they absolutely do not do it......is it laziness, foolishness, or are they simply masochistic? Maybe it's just lack of knowledge or some type of "wishful thinking".

Probably a combination - 'The Game is the Teacher'

there is no exercise on this planet that will take ones eye sight from 20/20 to 20/10 ,, the best you can do is to get your eyes to see clearer when they are tired or out of focus , also you can train yourself to recognize say a fast ball from a curve ball but that's about it

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
People just don't """REAL EYES""" these things CJ...

The human eye requires proper circulation, exercise and maintenance and nutrition.

Proper exercise and nutrition is good for someone's health, a lot of people should try it sometime......and they don't

Drinking water is vital for good health, a lot of people should try it sometime.....and they don't (instead they drink sodas, tea, coffee and/or beer)

Cleanses are also helpful to regain health, a lot of people should try one sometime.....and they don't (the average american's live is more polluted than a river)

"should" is a funny word, because most of the time when people "should" do something they absolutely do not do it......is it laziness, foolishness, or are they simply masochistic? Maybe it's just lack of knowledge or some type of "wishful thinking".

Probably a combination - 'The Game is the Teacher'

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
write down your goals and be happy

Then simply don't write down your goals and be happy.....'The GAME is the Teacher'

You might want to check your sources, that old story about goals and the Harvard study isn't true.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
.if someone want's to be healthy, or regain health, it's pretty easy these days.

Yes, health and nutrition are not very popular, however, it does take away from doctor and pharmaceutical company's profit. When this country started Hemp***was used for many products (even paper for the constitution), and then things changed.....all because of "big business" manipulators. There are a lot of extremely healthy supplements now on the market that people are finding out about......if someone want's to be healthy, or regain health, it's pretty easy these days.

HISTORY FACTS

*Hemp has been grown for at least the last 12,000 years for fiber (textiles and paper) and food. It has been effectively prohibited in the United States since the 1950s.

*George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew hemp. Ben Franklin owned a mill that made hemp paper. Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence on hemp paper.

*When US sources of "Manila hemp" (not true hemp) was cut off by the Japanese in WWII, the US Army and US Department of Agriculture promoted the "Hemp for Victory" campaign to grow hemp in the US.

*Because of its importance for sails (the word "canvass" is rooted in "cannabis") and rope for ships, hemp was a required crop in the American colonies.

INDUSTRY FACTS

*Henry Ford experimented with hemp to build car bodies. He wanted to build and fuel cars from farm products.

*BMW is experimenting with hemp materials in automobiles as part of an effort to make cars more recyclable.

*Much of the bird seed sold in the US has hemp seed (it's sterilized before importation), the hulls of which contain about 25% protein.

*Hemp oil once greased machines. Most paints, resins, shellacs, and varnishes used to be made out of linseed (from flax) and hemp oils.

*Rudolph Diesel designed his engine to run on hemp oil.

*Kimberly Clark (on the Fortune 500) has a mill in France which produces hemp paper preferred for bibles because it lasts a very long time and doesn't yellow.

*Construction products such as medium density fiber board, oriented strand board, and even beams, studs and posts could be made out of hemp. Because of hemp's long fibers, the products will be stronger and/or lighter than those made from wood.

*The products that can be made from hemp number over 25,000.

People just don't """REAL EYES""" these things CJ...

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
He can't. He's as delusional as they come. Football is more than run throw and catch. Can a pool player throw a football 70% as far as Joe Flaco, possibly. Could they get 70% of Chris Johnson's 4.2 40 time? Yes, 7.1 40 time is almost walking. Could a pool player catch 70% of Joe flaco's passes in a game, not a prayer. Can a football player make 70% of hangers, I'd bet some can.

Actually, 70% of(30% less than) Chris Johnson's 40 yd time would be 6 seconds. I agree on the rest of your analogy, no doubt.

I was a standout nose guard in high school and could have started at Akron U or played scout team at Ohio State and had zero shot at the nfl, I chose to quit midway through high school and just partied. Football is so much tougher than cj thinks.

Dude, I think you are overestimating things. Even if you were a stand out Nose Tackle as a high school sophomore, you are a long way away from knowing if you have the potential to start on a college first team squad and a much longer way off from knowing if you can make the team of a Div I squad. There are so many levels that you haven't hit yet i.e. going from the JV team to the varsity team. Then, you have to be All County/State. Then, you need to see if you can make a Div III squad. Then, Div III may not be good enough for Div II or Div I. Anyone can think they had the potential, but you really dont know until you have actually gotten there. I know there are some here that know from experience. Alos, don't forget the physical limitations. You might have been a big kid in 10th grade, but I think you topped out at 5'8 or 5'9ish and medium framed.

All that said, I agree that CJ might see the world in unique ways.

*Edit-seeing CJ's post above makes me think that he might be smoking hemp too.

Eric

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The trouble is people confuse Hemp with Marijuana and they are just distant cousins

I have nothing against Hemp, it's legal here in Texas, and it does have incredible health benefits. The trouble is people confuse Hemp with Marijuana and they are just distant cousins (variants)......one is very positive, and the other negative (overall).

Becoming a champion in any sport/game requires passion....even if someone has the same potential in several sports they will only excel in the one they truly love.....they really have no choice in the matter, it's "hard wired" in the sub conscious. The only argument is to "who put it there," and there are thousands of books written on that subject.

The one awesome thing about being a human is if you truly believe in something it actually becomes true.....if you don't believe {in anything} you're {actually} right (in your own mind) .

That's why beliefs, faith and trust are the "mental" thread that ties everything together......or not (it's entirely up to the individual). 'The Game is the Teacher'

All that said, I agree that CJ might see the world in unique ways.

*Edit-seeing CJ's post above makes me think that he might be smoking hemp too.

Eric

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I have nothing against Hemp, it's legal here in Texas, and it does have incredible health benefits. The trouble is people confuse Hemp with Marijuana ...............................

............... 'The Game is the Teacher'

It's possible to get high off of Hemp too. More importantly...it..was..a..joke.

Eric

Attachments

• TGITT.jpg
    TGITT.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 208

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
your eyesight would probably get better and any type of pain would vanish

You could "roll one" the size of a telephone pole and not get high.....however, your eyesight would probably get better and any type of pain would vanish for awhile.....at least that's been my experience. 'The Game is the Teacher'

It's possible to get high off of Hemp too. More importantly...it..was..a..joke.

Eric

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could "roll one" the size of a telephone pole and not get high.....however, your eyesight would probably get better and any type of pain would vanish for awhile.....at least that's been my experience. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Dude, not for nothing but your constant use of stupid expressions like "real eyes" plus "The Game Is The Teacher", and the overall attempt to sound like the Confuscious or Buddha of the pool world makes you easily one of the more annoying posters on this forum. And that's kind of a shame because you actually could be a real asset to this place with all your knowledge and experience.

B <----------- just sayin'

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
we all have our lessons to learn

Sorry you feel that way my brother, we all have our lessons to learn.

Dude, not for nothing but your constant use of stupid expressions like "real eyes" plus "The Game Is The Teacher", and the overall attempt to sound like the Confuscious or Buddha of the pool world makes you easily one of the more annoying posters on this forum. And that's kind of a shame because you actually could be a real asset to this place with all your knowledge and experience.

B <----------- just sayin'