The Hustlers Week 3: Episode 5 Thread

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.trutv.com/shows/the-hustlers/videos/team-free-money.html
attachment.php

After watching the clip of Mikey and Emily, I have to say that the editors of the match seem to have finally gotten it right. The editing of that match made the pool playing so much more enjoyable. Very easy to follow the match. It seems that my one complaint about the show has been addressed. Great job guys! I'll definitely tune into the remaining of the episodes. I hope you all get picked up for multiple seasons.

Delaware Lar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the video editing... especially when that blue glowing revolving circle comes down from the sky and lands around the cue ball.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finnegan wasn't too bad with that broom handle. That was a great scene.
It didn't look like that six moved at all.

BJK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Minimal Amy exposure, Duddy did well, and Finnegan didn't flash his cash all over the place. That's a win in my book. The show seems to be coming together nicely. The only thing I got tired of was the sound of the balls being pocketed. It was the same canned sound every time, but all shows are guilty of that I suppose.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I think a few prop bets a show would be good for the mainstream viewers. Also, pros and top open players giving weight (as long as it's explained first) seams to go over well. Need to show a clip of a pro winning a major tournament and the regional player he's/she's giving a large spot to winning at his level. There has to be some way for the mainstreams to undeIMOrstand how much better a pro is over regional player that never wins in open events.... Johnnyt

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed watching tonight's show as much as the others. What I cannot figure out is why Mike Dechaine is on the show. There is no one of his caliber on the show, maybe someone is coming in one of the new episodes. So far it's the best thing I have seen for pool since the creation of the AZ website and forums.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
After watching the clip of Mikey and Emily, I have to say that the editors of the match seem to have finally gotten it right. The editing of that match made the pool playing so much more enjoyable. Very easy to follow the match. It seems that my one complaint about the show has been addressed. Great job guys! I'll definitely tune into the remaining of the episodes. I hope you all get picked up for multiple seasons.

I never missed a shot so that one was real easy for them. They're improving

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
This was explained in the first episode. Mike and Jared came down from Boston because action there is dead, and he figured to rob NY for all the money.

I enjoyed watching tonight's show as much as the others. What I cannot figure out is why Mike Dechaine is on the show. There is no one of his caliber on the show, maybe someone is coming in one of the new episodes. So far it's the best thing I have seen for pool since the creation of the AZ website and forums.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
This was explained in the first episode. Mike and Jared came down from Boston because action there is dead, and he figured to rob NY for all the money.

If you missed the first episode, you can catch it here.
http://www.trutv.com/full-episodes/the-hustlers/index.html

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you missed the first episode, you can catch it here.
http://www.trutv.com/full-episodes/the-hustlers/index.html

Thanks for the link, I have seen all the episodes. What I was referring to was his ability and the lack of another player of his caliber on the show. On another note I wonder what action Mike could find in most places, it's not like he's sneaking up on anyone. I'm not even sure there is a pool hall in Boston these days anyway.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The episode tonight was good. Nice to see Mikey in there for an extended period of time! Team Free Money! I like it :D

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Right after I said that I noticed one! I'm gonna send you over to Turner so they can hire you to help out. PM me your resume!

you're doing a very good job of promoting yourself, as well as the show - just look around! good for you! :happydance:

so if we were to purchase an episode online (cause we don't have cable & don't watch TV), which one would you recommend we start with?

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Haha, believe it or not, it's characters like that who keep viewers coming back.
When they asked Howard stern supporters why they keep listening, the answer was "I want to hear what he says next." Then asked the Howard Stern haters why they keep listening, the answer "I want to hear what he says next"

Bingo. Props to you for recognizing the obvious. Its a character that producers love most because it's natural, and pisses people off.

I'd suggest more Borana. Less Amy.

Amen and Amen.

I hear ya. The producers of the show no doubt, created this particular character on purpose.

Just as on The Bachelor and other shows, there is one or two characters that are made to be disliked.

It creates that antagonistic dynamic.

I would give Amy a chance and see how her character evolves.
I'm sure there's a reason for her over-the-top "fake" persona.

Remember, this is reality television. The plot will invariably 'twist' and the characters will
follow suit... Vicissitudes, my friends.

They didn't create her, but they no doubt love her.

I'll vote more Borana. She can eat potato chips in bed anytime.

Bam Pow

amy's character wasnt created. She is that way. not fake btw.

LoL " we can't make this shit up "
Like Emily's cute elf ears....all killer no filler.

That's troubling

You can say that again.

I like the video editing... especially when that blue glowing revolving circle comes down from the sky and lands around the cue ball.

Mucho Bueno

you're doing a very good job of promoting yourself, as well as the show - just look around! good for you! :happydance:

so if we were to purchase an episode online (cause we don't have cable & don't watch TV), which one would you recommend we start with?

Don't purchase it luv. You can hijack my cable account.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
The episode tonight was good. Nice to see Mikey in there for an extended period of time! Team Free Money! I like it :D

Haha We were all hoping people would like Team Free Money...look for more to come with that and the associated drama. It gets real good here real soon. Keep sweating it.

I'm not really trying to promote anything but if it's working I won't get in the way of progress.

As far as what episode to buy...I'm thinking Episode 3 and 5 were the best so far. Between me and you though....jack a friend's cable info and watch them all. This is exactly what friends are for. If you feel super guilty after watching them all then go grab a season pass for $15. From what I've been told the only difference is the purchased episodes don't have commercials.

My goal isn't to be loved or hated although if I had to pick I'd rather be loved. I'm not an asshole, I just try to be funny and get the cash. I've helped a lot of people and a lot of people have helped me...just don't make me give spoilers cause I'll get fined.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like me some Amy. She seems a bit insecure and deals with it her way but she is young and learning and we all got our issues. To me she seems like an overall good person though, who has a good chance to become very secure in most areas of her life, she just in that fake it till you make it stage right now. I like a lot of her action though, for example I like that she still stands up and mixes it up, which is what they are there to do, even though she has little experience and is out of her comfort zone. I like that attitude even if she overdoes it.

Some issues I find less attractive though like her need to control Ross telling him buy me this, you aint talking to them, Ross do this, Ross do that, etc. Ross has got to get control of his own life and stand up to her. He needs to stop with the whole "if Im a good little boy will you give me a treat" mentality and man up and do and say what he wants regardless of her reaction. Its obvious she really does like him and that will only get better with a more healthy interaction and it will help her feel more secure too.

They are my favorite part of the show.