Mike D withdraws from World 14.1

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
There is. I'm not sure how much. I was at Steinway on Tuesday but didn't watch.

And I wasn't saying the fans should boycott (unless you feel you should), I was saying if Mike felt he was scammed, he shouldn't support that event.

I agree. If Steinway gets all the profit for the cover charge money then I'll definitely go support, but if the money goes to Charlie then I'll just wait outside until the pros come out for fresh air and get my signature, like a real jew.

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As the TD, Charlie should be making no deals with any players. Also, if he gives free entry to any1 they should be able to win and he should put up their $$ - otherwise if one of them win then who gets the money, Charlie? That is BS. Its not fair to the players paying to play.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
giphy.gif

bill cosby checking if the qualuudes were mixed in correctly.

kidpool85

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No tournament director should be backing players if he has anything to do with seeding . That is wrong on so many levels.

liakos

Banned
Shane can probably pay everyone's entry fee.

The difference between Shane and Mike is whats in between there legs;) Shane is a go getter and will do what it takes. Mike wants things given to him.

It's too bad too because he's got ability.

It's sad when someone never learns his or her true potential because he or she has to be a nit!

Oh well, on to the next job:)

Good day to all
Eli

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The difference between Shane and Mike is whats in between there legs;) Shane is a go getter and will do what it takes. Mike wants things given to him.

It's sad when someone never learns his or her true potential because he or she has to be a nit!

Good day to all
Eli

hopefully Shane can go and get a world 9-ball championship someday. Although, I will remember this if Mike wins one before Shane does :grin-square:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's all well and good but what if he doesn't win? He's clearly able, got 5th last year… but you can only prove that point if you win and it's just not that simple.

The real way to take a stand is to just boycott the event. Vote with you wallet.

Really ,, is that what he was doing with his empty wallet

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. Charlie was "putting him in" for 50/50. That means Charlie backs him with the full entry fee, and in return, they split any of Mike's winnings 50/50.

This is so shocking. Not the conflict of interest part
I mean this cheap Charlie is putting in about $600 entry fee to win how much?

MD is very unlikely to win much less finish top4 . Best finish probably 5th to 16th

http://www.azbilliards.com/tours_an...t/6124-the-world-141-tournament-2014/results/

Last year's payout 5th pays $2500 and 16th pays $1600
At $2500, CW makes peanuts profit $650 and at $1600 he makes pea profit $200

So this CW guy goes to all the trouble of manipulating the seeds just to earn $200 to $650?
That is just so crassy and low level low life desperate stuff. I mean if this had prizemoney of a tennis or golf tourney and he was manipulating seeds, I would salute him
But for few hundred bucks ?? No wonder pool people get no respect
:D

giphy.gif

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member

Good day to all
Eli

I must have missed it, but have you ever outlined what your beef with him was on here? I figure you have already said something I just don't see the post but you always are sure to be clear you don't like him.