Mike D withdraws from World 14.1

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Don't Get

Still a childish move on his part.

How can you call him childish if you don't know what the facts were. As a man, he made a decision that was best for him. This is why this place is dying.

liakos

Banned
Spend a lot of time down there?

vqaGAX0.gif

No but obviously you do buddy;)

liakos

Banned
I must have missed it, but have you ever outlined what your beef with him was on here? I figure you have already said something I just don't see the post but you always are sure to be clear you don't like him.

You can ask him:)

I despise people who lie! Can't stand them!

Think of me like this. You know that person that we all know that is a complete dousch but most people don't say anything to there face,,,, they try to be nice and all?!?!? Well, I'm the guy who doesn't care about trying to be nice,,,, of you're a dousch,, you will be treated accordingly:)

See, everyone has there own interactions with people. Most people here come down on me because I speak my mind about someone they like, yet they don't know what the story is! How can you do that, or be that way??

Let's take Charlie Williams. I don't know him, I never spoke to him, and I haven't really seen anything "bad" out of him! Why should I put him down,,, I have no reason!

Take CJ, he has been nothing but respectful and HELPFUL to me,,,, so I respect him and stick up for him!

Take Cleary, he doesn't know me and I dint know him! I don't go after him because I know he's friends with Mike. Cleary seems to be one of those people that he doesn't care about anyone but his friends. See, Mike can do something against someone and Cleary will not know the whole story and he will go out on a limb and say Mike is right and the other person is wrong! I guess that's how people are.

I on the other hand, before I make a decision on someone, I make sure I get as many facts as possible and make an educated opinion about the person! What people forget is how to simply ask someone about something. But that in it of itself is too bothersome, so they just go along with there buddy because that's there buddy.

Let me give you all an example,,, you see a guy with a machete running down the street chasing another guy and he finally catches up to him and starts hacking away at the guy! He is ruthlessly hacking and chopping and literally tearing this guy apart limb by limb.

Most people will be saying how crazy is this guy to do something so evil to another human being. I mean seriously, this guy hacked the person into several pieces. Blood all over the place and all that's left is man with a machete sitting next to the pieces of what's left of the person he just "sent home". He's sitting there sobbing uncontrollably. At this point he is completely harmless, couldn't hurt a fly.

Well, we all must agree that the guy is sick or obviously something extremely wrong with him and we make an opinion about what we just witnessed and go on in our lives.

People ask why did he do what he did, and we find out the person that got "sent home" raped his 4 yr old daughter! Now, before anyone found out why he did what he did, most made a conclusion that the man has some sick issues!

I try to find out what happened first before I make a conclusion about someone! And no, the man is completely normal to me for doing what he did! Although I trust many will disagree;)

Remember, before accusing or talking down about someone, make sure you yourself know what your talking about, others are watching and realizing how much of a fool you can be:)

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Think of me like this. You know that person that we all know that is a complete dousch but most people don't say anything to there face,,,, they try to be nice and all?!?!? Well, I'm the guy who doesn't care about trying to be nice,,,, of you're a dousch,, you will be treated accordingly:)

<snipped novel>

am I the only one who finds the above a little ironic?

best,
brian kc

liakos

Banned
Did momma hit you with a coat hanger or something? Dud you are so butt hurt about MD....it's all you ever write about. Do you even play pool?

Play pool,,???? What's that? No, I suck! You can ask Mike how I play. He's got me rated a C player! So, yeah, I know which side of the cue to hold!

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
since this thread is still going on i'll add to it.
One can't help but wonder that based on the results thus far where would MD possibly of ended up had he stayed in and play. hmmmmm

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member

See, everyone has there own interactions with people. Most people here come down on me because I speak my mind about someone they like, yet they don't know what the story is! How can you do that, or be that way??

Let's take Charlie Williams. I don't know him, I never spoke to him, and I haven't really seen anything "bad" out of him! Why should I put him down,,, I have no reason!

Take CJ, he has been nothing but respectful and HELPFUL to me,,,, so I respect him and stick up for him!

Take Cleary, he doesn't know me and I dint know him! I don't go after him because I know he's friends with Mike. Cleary seems to be one of those people that he doesn't care about anyone but his friends. See, Mike can do something against someone and Cleary will not know the whole story and he will go out on a limb and say Mike is right and the other person is wrong! I guess that's how people are.

I on the other hand, before I make a decision on someone, I make sure I get as many facts as possible and make an educated opinion about the person! What people forget is how to simply ask someone about something. But that in it of itself is too bothersome, so they just go along with there buddy because that's there buddy.

Let me give you all an example,,, you see a guy with a machete running down the street chasing another guy and he finally catches up to him and starts hacking away at the guy! He is ruthlessly hacking and chopping and literally tearing this guy apart limb by limb.

Most people will be saying how crazy is this guy to do something so evil to another human being. I mean seriously, this guy hacked the person into several pieces. Blood all over the place and all that's left is man with a machete sitting next to the pieces of what's left of the person he just "sent home". He's sitting there sobbing uncontrollably. At this point he is completely harmless, couldn't hurt a fly.

Well, we all must agree that the guy is sick or obviously something extremely wrong with him and we make an opinion about what we just witnessed and go on in our lives.

People ask why did he do what he did, and we find out the person that got "sent home" raped his 4 yr old daughter! Now, before anyone found out why he did what he did, most made a conclusion that the man has some sick issues!

I try to find out what happened first before I make a conclusion about someone! And no, the man is completely normal to me for doing what he did! Although I trust many will disagree;)

Remember, before accusing or talking down about someone, make sure you yourself know what your talking about, others are watching and realizing how much of a fool you can be:)

So let's gamble since we're about the same speed. He calls me a C player too so you're really a B. I'll play! I thought it was public knowledge why you dislike him that's why I asked. I really don't care who likes who especially in pool, there are a lot of flakes out there. They can all do whatever they want as long as they don't do it near me.

liakos

Banned
So let's gamble since we're about the same speed. He calls me a C player too so you're really a B. I'll play! I thought it was public knowledge why you dislike him that's why I asked. I really don't care who likes who especially in pool, there are a lot of flakes out there. They can all do whatever they want as long as they don't do it near me.

I don't know your speed my friend, and you don't know mine! I only gamble with people I know:)

But if you want to play 100 dollar 9-ball sets to 7, I'm in for a few! I play out of MDs home room, snookers:)

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Not to mention...

That's all well and good but what if he doesn't win? He's clearly able, got 5th last year… but you can only prove that point if you win and it's just not that simple.

The real way to take a stand is to just boycott the event. Vote with you wallet.

That's not even to mention that those with top level skill know that you have to have ultimate focus to actually win against top level players. When something like this happens, it takes away all your focus and makes it that much tougher to focus on competing.

I think Mike made the best decision he could under the circumstances.

Jaden

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The difference between Shane and Mike is whats in between there legs;) Shane is a go getter and will do what it takes. Mike wants things given to him.

It's too bad too because he's got ability.

It's sad when someone never learns his or her true potential because he or she has to be a nit!

Oh well, on to the next job:)

Good day to all
Eli

I don't know your speed my friend, and you don't know mine! I only gamble with people I know:)

But if you want to play 100 dollar 9-ball sets to 7, I'm in for a few! I play out of MDs home room, snookers:)

So let me get this straight. You don't like MD for whatever reason, but you start many of your posts stating you don't like him, and basically claim he's got no nuts, or no manhood (in bold above).

But you play out of the same room.

So I assume you've confronted him about the issues you two have?
...I'll assume yes...
Clearly, they weren't resolved.
So your next move is to come to AZ and constantly bad mouth the guy (I don't know the guy, and don't have an opinion of him) in hopes that you'll get everyone else to hate him too?

To steal a line from TBBT,
Dechaine is living in your head, rent free.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can you call him childish if you don't know what the facts were. As a man, he made a decision that was best for him. This is why this place is dying.

It's two threads about MD decision to leave the world 14.1
From what I can read he had no more reason to not participate, than any of the other players. MD thought that the pool reality show he is in, would give him special privleges and he went back and forth about joining.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
It's two threads about MD decision to leave the world 14.1
From what I can read he had no more reason to not participate, than any of the other players. MD thought that the pool reality show he is in, would give him special privleges and he went back and forth about joining.

did you miss the part where CW had Mike as a #3 seed then once CW no longer had a financial stake in MD, he dropped him to a 9-15 seed?

if CW was manipulating the seeding to benefit himself financially on players he has a piece of, this calls the integrity of the entire tournament into question.

This is the reason Mike gave for not playing.

Working the 'Hustler's' promo angle trying to get free entry with no strings was just part of negotiating, not too uncommon in the pool world.

best,
brian kc

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member

I'll play you Mikey! I'm gonna need a little weight :wink:

And you have to come to New England.

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hopefully Shane can go and get a world 9-ball championship someday. Although, I will remember this if Mike wins one before Shane does :grin-square:

It's tough to win the lottery if he doesn't buy the ticket (goes to the w9bc). And even if he will in the future. His odds is next to mine.

Think it simply like this, when thousand of guys equals or better than him crawling their way through tournaments across the globe to gain the slightest of improvement in the game. MD still "in the area" and play a movie. Good for him to play in a movie, but you know why these guys and girls play in that movie ? because they have time to do so. Other professionals don't, they've been busy working on their game.
FYI, there are thousand of guys out there with the same work ethics as Shane's. It's a normal standard for pro in EU and Asia, only in the US that it's so "unbelievable" lol.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
since this thread is still going on i'll add to it.
One can't help but wonder that based on the results thus far where would MD possibly of ended up had he stayed in and play. hmmmmm

When I looked at the players list the names missing I noticed were John Schmidt and Oliver Ortmann. I didn't even think about Mike Dechaine.

Point being he only hurts himself by pulling out and creating a bunch of drama. The tournament will happen, there will be world class pool, the guy who plays the best 14.1 will win.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

Not even close man. If a friend of mine fvcks up, I'll be the first to tell em. I've lost friends by keeping it real… but then again, they weren't real friends apparently.

I joke around a lot and most people on here imagine me to be a sh*tty person but I have buckets of integrity and will go far out of my way for people I don't even like. But I always say what I feel is right no matter who it benefits, or doesn't.