How Many Have Made Pro from AZB?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I've been on here about 11 years. You would think with all the silver bullets sold on here, the 100's of APA members, and the same 20 know it alls on here, that you would see a few graduate to pro level from here in 10 years. I wonder why this is. Johnnyt

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
This guy signed up in 2005 and has been doing okay. Last signed on in 2009. I guess Sam Lambert has a chance in 5 years.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,422

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How many have made pro from AZB?

Johnnyt -

You're funny. The 20 'know it alls' will never make it - lol.
Anyone with a lot of negativity usually leaves no space left for excellence (and creativity).

Mark Griffin

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny
Maybe they are not good enough to be pro that is why they are typing more than playing
Maybe pros are better at playing than typing that is why they are not here
And maybe sports forums are forums more for fans than players cos really suppliers (I.e. Advertisers I.e. Forum revenue) can extract more money out of fans than pro players
:grin:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can make more money when youre NOT a pro lol. How many fields can ya say that about��

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
This guy signed up in 2005 and has been doing okay. Last signed on in 2009. I guess Sam Lambert has a chance in 5 years.

Shane posted once and said...F this. Anyway, he was already a pro. There has been nobody...save your typing fingers. Johnnyt

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I've been on here about 11 years. You would think with all the silver bullets sold on here, the 100's of APA members, and the same 20 know it alls on here, that you would see a few graduate to pro level from here in 10 years. I wonder why this is. Johnnyt

What silver bullets?

I have not seen anything advertised as such.

Aside from that fact the reason most on here who are not already pro speed don't get to pro speed is that most here have lives and careers that come before pool. So even if they truly had the desire to play pro speed they don't have the time to spend on attaining that level.

I certainly don't. And I definitely have way more flexibility with my time than 95% of the people on this board except the retired folks and the wealthy do-what-I-want-when-I-want types.

These types of snarky posts are truly sad in my opinion. I think most of us do love to play and enjoy the time we do have to spend playing. Most of us would like to continue to improve as long as we can play. Why people insist on tearing others down and being jerks about how people choose to teach and choose to learn is confusing to me.

I don't get what the satisfaction is by doing that? Is there a certain amount of "I really told them" that causes a good warm feeling when a person makes this type of comment. I take it as a holier than thou type of attitude that is disheartening. Instead of encouraging people to play more and try everything it seems as if there is a small amount of poisonous people whose primary posting style is pretty much, "you suck and will always suck and are a gullible idiotic sucker if you buy into any other method of getting better than incessant trial and error with no structure."

I had so many great conversations this past weekend at TAP with people genuinely interested in becoming the best player they can be with the time they do have. I find that attitude refreshing and I do believe that most of the lurkers on here share it. I think that they are reluctant to share their willingness to try new things out of fear of being labeled suckers by the HAMB snobs.

Sad really that this forum is so unwelcoming. It should be a place where every idea is welcomed and embraced and tried by everyone so as to have good hard data on what really works and how things really work and how they can be improved on without the negativity and fighting.

In a pool room or real world environment it's 100% the opposite. NO ONE ever has come up to me in the middle of a discussion on Aiming Systems in the real world to be a nasty negative asshole who poisons the discussion with their "million balls or nothing" attitude. No, in the real world players listen and try things with a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity that is enjoyable to everyone involved.

Last edited:

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Shane posted once and said...F this. Anyway, he was already a pro. There has been nobody...save your typing fingers. Johnnyt

So stupid.

There are tons of forums where people discuss pro baseball, pro basketball, and pro football. How many of those guys became pro at those sports by having an account on an internet message board?

None you jackass.

You complain about the state of pool but then expect anyone who wants to offer their opinion to not say anything because they aren't shooting .900 on accustats.

STFU and GTFO. Thanks

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap, tap, tap! Nobody here who provides any kind of learning tools (books, videos, systems, templates, cues, balls or anything else ever claims it is, and I believe the term Johnnyt is stretching for, a "magic bullet". A silver bullet would be for killing a vampire! LMAO There are many solid learning tools available to anyone who makes the choice to want to get better. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

What silver bullets?

Aside from that fact the reason most on here who are not already pro speed don't get to pro speed is that most here have lives and careers that come before pool. So even if they truly had the desire to play pro speed they don't have the time to spend on attaining that level.

I certainly don't. And I definitely have way more flexibility with my time than 95% of the people on this board except the retired folks and the wealthy do-what-I-want-when-I-want types.

These types of snarky posts are truly sad in my opinion. I think most of us do love to play and enjoy the time we do have to spend playing. Most of us would like to continue to improve as long as we can play. Why people insist on tearing others down and being jerks about how people choose to teach and choose to learn is confusing to me.

I don't get what the satisfaction is by doing that? Is there a certain amount of "I really told them" that causes a good warm feeling when a person makes this type of comment. I take it as a holier than thou type of attitude that is disheartening. Instead of encouraging people to play more and try everything it seems as if there is a small amount of poisonous people whose primary posting style is pretty much, "you suck and will always suck and are a gullible idiotic sucker if you buy into any other method of getting better than incessant trial and error with no structure."

I had so many great conversations this past weekend at TAP with people genuinely interested in becoming the best player they can be with the time they do have. I find that attitude refreshing and I do believe that most of the lurkers on here share it. I think that they are reluctant to share their willingness to try new things out of fear of being labeled suckers by the HAMB snobs.

Sad really that this forum is so unwelcoming. It should be a place where every idea is welcomed and embraced and tried by everyone so as to have good hard data on what really works and how things really work and how they can be improved on without the negativity and fighting.

In a pool room or real world environment it's 100% the opposite. NO ONE ever has come up to me in the middle of a discussion on Aiming Systems in the real world to be a nasty negative asshole who poisons the discussion with their "million balls or nothing" attitude. No, in the real world players listen and try things with a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity that is enjoyable to everyone involved.

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also belong to a couple of old muscle car forums .
If you were really dedicated , you could learn how to rebuild a classic car from those guys in a pretty short amount of time.
There is always a few guys who give their opinions on how to do things and if they don't agree they usually ask each other how long it takes their way , or if they are going for a showcar or a driver. I seldom see them get very nasty with each other, who knows that guy might one day have the answer to your problem .
I truly believe there is enough material available nowadays to become a champion player pretty much on your own, that was not the case in the 50s 60s 70s and even the 80s.
The knowledge was in players heads , not in books , and they only passed it on to select people.
Byrnes books Ray Martin and then all the great info since then by many different guys has changed the way pool gets passed along.
It was that way in the 1800s also , Michael Phelan , the father of American billiards was the father in law of the next champion Hugh Collender, Dudley Kavanaugh was the uncle of Maurice Daly , Daly taught Willy Hoppe
Almost every champion from back then could be traced back as a relative or protege of a great player before him.
I have found lots of great ideas from people on this site and onepocket.org and I hope I have given some back.
Hmmmm I'm getting old and rambling, sorry.
I used to really know all this stuff off the top of my head , I enjoyed it that much , now I better start getting my material out and gleaning it before I speak.

Last edited:
I also belong to a couple of old muscle car forums .
If you were really dedicated , you could learn how to rebuild a classic car from those guys in a pretty short amount of time.
There is always a few guys who give their opinions on how to do things and if they don't agree they usually ask each other how long it takes their way , or if they are going for a showcar or a driver. I seldom see them get very nasty with each other, who knows that guy might one day have the answer to your problem .
I truly believe there is enough material available nowadays to become a champion player pretty much on your own, that was not the case in the 50s 60s 70s and even the 80s.
The knowledge was in players heads , not in books , and they only passed it on to select people.
Byrnes books Ray Martin and then all the great info since then by many different guys has changed the way pool gets passed along.
It was that way in the 1800s also , Michael Phelan , the father of American billiards was the father in law of the next champion Dudley Kavanaugh , Kavanaugh was the uncle of Maurice Daly , Daly taught Willy Hoppe
Almost every champion from back then could be traced back as a relative or protege of a great player before him.
I have found lots of great ideas from people on this site and onepocket.org and I hope I have given some back.
Hmmmm I'm getting old and rambling, sorry.

What is it with all this 'knowledge' nonsense? Kids in the uk learned to play on their own, in their bedrooms. No instruction. No books. No dvds. Nothing. Nada.

Only those without talent need your 'knowledge' - and they will be mediocre til the end of time, no matter what they do.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What silver bullets?

There was a long thread here about an individual that never posted here and his beliefs , which had nothing to do with pool , and many snarky comments were made , and you could parallel that thread and comments with those made about the validity of aiming systems.

A whole thread of snark and the man never posted anything he believed on this forum. Poor Max Eberle .:shakehead:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
The bangers at the local bar refuse to play me 'cause they all think I'm a pro... does that count?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
What is it with all this 'knowledge' nonsense? Kids in the uk learned to play on their own, in their bedrooms. No instruction. No books. No dvds. Nothing. Nada.

Only those without talent need your 'knowledge' - and they will be mediocre til the end of time, no matter what they do.

No, they didn't. Anyone with any showing of interest some skill was coached from early on.

Snooker instruction was all over tv since the 50s.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

There was a long thread here about an individual that never posted here and his beliefs , which had nothing to do with pool , and many snarky comments were made , and you could parallel that thread and comments with those made about the validity of aiming systems.

A whole thread of snark and the man never posted anything he believed on this forum. Poor Max Eberle .:shakehead:

Not quite the same thing. I think a public figure has an expectation that their public comments are going to be discussed.

I also don't mind people being critical. But critical and insulting are different things. Some here seem to take genuine enjoyment in being insulting and degrading.

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt -

You're funny. The 20 'know it alls' will never make it - lol.
Anyone with a lot of negativity usually leaves no space left for excellence (and creativity).

Mark Griffin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." :thumbup:

Theodore Roosevelt