How many pool players here are OTR Truckers.

9ball101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So. I just took a job as an over the road trucker. Federal regs now in play make sure we get plenty of time off. So I'll be traveling the US now and figure it would be a good time going to different pool rooms. Anybody else on here an OTR TRUCKER. If so, what's your experience with playing pool and trucking.

asiasdad

Banned
So. I just took a job as an over the road trucker. Federal regs now in play make sure we get plenty of time off. So I'll be traveling the US now and figure it would be a good time going to different pool rooms. Anybody else on here an OTR TRUCKER. If so, what's your experience with playing pool and trucking.

contact Jim Baxter here. He was an OTR trucker for many years
before retiring to be an ITG cue maker.

ITG = In The Garage :p

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I know is it used to be like xmas to see a 18 wheeler at the poolhall! Good action and probably be around or return. Some played damn good till the beer got to them.;)

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am a regional truckdriver for a grocery store chain( for about 20 years now) i drove over the road for the first 9 and regionally(gone 11-14 hours five days a week) but get back home everyday for the last 11. Otr driving will let you bunk down in alot of poolroom parking lots and play as much as you want,just manage your time and make your deliveries when you're supposed to. Jason

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I know is it used to be like xmas to see a 18 wheeler at the poolhall! Good action and probably be around or return. Some played damn good till the beer got to them.;)

We had a couple guys that came by. Parked the rig right along the road. One from Canada played pretty sporty. Always good action.

strokenpoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a truck driver... did otr for a few years... local gig now

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was into trucking for 46 yrs . In the late 60's I hauled a lot of wide loads had to stop every night , I had it planed where there was a pool table everynight , Our south terminal was on Lancersum blvd in N. Hollywood , There was a lot of places , and the shop pick-up available every night .

Things aint anything like it used to be . GL and have fun .

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I am a trainer/CDL examiner for the last 25 years. Although I do not drive OTR I have many friends who do. I have only known a few who are into the game, if I were to drive for a living I would certainly need my pool fix.

Truck drivers have a tough job and we could not get along without them.:cool:

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you'll find poolrooms nationwide. I carried a rod/reel/tackle and a couple of cues OTR. Used rod/reel one time and used cues a lot. there's lots of places you can get to with a big truck. high pockets/Milwaukee,
hard times/bellflower(frankly, if you're white don't be on street after dark-you've been warned, that's just how it is),
Chattanooga billiard club/park behind CBC on side street,
diamond bar/Ontario ca area
hopefully more will come out.

9ball101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks guys. I've played many times at hard times bellflower. I do appreciate the warning though. I've been there for the Swanee and I grew up playing in San Diego. I'll definitely go to rooms that can accommodate my truck. I'm in Colorado right now but I'll be going on the road and will be an OTR driver in about a week. I appreciate all the input. Thanks for the help guys.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually just learned something new tonight ! 999's in Elkridge , MD goes as far as to welcome truckers AND says they offer big rig parking! Who knew???