Maryland State Bar Table 10-ball Championships (Aug 12-13)

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Classic Earl!!!!
Actually he was right.
But don't think Earl wants to tangle with big Mike D.
They got face to face.
Mike dropped an F bomb.
Earl threaten to quit tournament.
Tourn director clarified.
Go Earl!!!
Worth every bit of my $12.95!!!! Lol
The last thing "big Mike D.", the soft, pudgy guy, wants... is to get into combat with an in-shape athlete like Strickland, who is well trained in martial arts.
Earl behaves like an eccentric kook many, many, times and is a noisy nuisance...but do not think for one second that he cannot handle himself very well in hand to hand combat.
Davis is lucky he didn't push it and end up spending the next 6 months in a hospital.
And........Earl was correct. Keep the fingers off those racked balls after the triangle is removed. "Didn't know that"..??? Too bad for you...attend the players meeting or study a copy of the rules.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Earl the Pearl Strickland he played amazing down the stretch.

Great event for James Aranas 2nd Shaun Wilkie 3rd and Mike Davis Jr 4th
WTF?? What is all that crap on his bridge-hand? Earl cracks me up but man i like to see him still playing well. Go Pearl!!

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McCready gave it his best shot

No Keith lost both his matches today he made the final 32 and the money though.
Good showing for 1st tournament in 11 years.
It's a sad thing to see a one time champion attempt to regain the powers of yesteryear.
Especially a man who had the dysfunctional life McCready had.
I suppose being over the hill and facing the reality of the end is very hard to take for former championship players.
He did okay.,even with that cross to bear.
Keep on truckin'

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last thing "big Mike D.", the soft, pudgy guy, wants... is to get into combat with an in-shape athlete like Strickland, who is well trained in martial arts.
Earl behaves like an eccentric kook many, many, times and is a noisy nuisance...but do not think for one second that he cannot handle himself very well in hand to hand combat.
Davis is lucky he didn't push it and end up spending the next 6 months in a hospital.
And........Earl was correct. Keep the fingers off those racked balls after the triangle is removed. "Didn't know that"..??? Too bad for you...attend the players meeting or study a copy of the rules.
Keep on truckin'

Does it please you to slip your shit insults into every thread, Michael riddick?

You add nothing to our forum and you will never fit in, due to your own actions.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a sad thing to see a one time champion attempt to regain the powers of yesteryear.
Especially a man who had the dysfunctional life McCready had.
I suppose being over the hill and facing the reality of the end is very hard to take for former championship players.
He did okay.,even with that cross to bear.
Keep on truckin'

A-hole alert...oh, but we knew that.

Reactions: JAM

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Odd thing to say.

What was entry, greens fees? % of field paid!

Did you check out the facts, or are you solely commenting on a number?
Just commenting on the number, on its own. A state championship tourney...wasn't trying to stir up anything. Hope you weren't upset by my thought.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
teensy payout, no?

This is more of a local event, not a national. As you can see by the player roster, the majority of competitors were local amateur players and social shooters.

What was unique about this event is that there were no green fees, and the players did not have to pay for table time or put quarters in the barbox for every game. As well, the event paid out 100 percent of the monies collected for entry fees *and* the entire $1,000 added. I did the math. :grin-square:

We don't have very many cool tournaments on the East Coast like they do in California, Texas, Louisiana, Arizona, and Vegas. I think there is a lack of pool rooms for people to play pool in my area, due to how expensive it is around here. Bank Shots Bar and Grill has a good pool room atmosphere for leagues, social shooters, amateurs, and pros. It is my understanding they have a strong league presence there.

In this regard, an event like this is welcome by us pool aficionados who live the Metro D.C. area. I can't imagine the work involved in putting this together and making it happen and then dealing with the B.S. that comes before, during, and after the tournament. :eek:

Big shout-out goes to Ray Hansen aka "Big Truck" of Pool Action TV. His commentary was excellent, and he really knows how to put on a first-class livestream. I especially enjoyed Brandon Shuff's commentary. What a great representative of pool for our area!

Anyway, just wanted to add some color to the payouts commentary. Sometimes it's not all about the money so much as it is a chance to play and compete in a first-class setting. The competitors came in there and gave it their all. It was fun, which is what pool should be all about. Winning is just the icing on the cake when it happens. :)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just commenting on the number, on its own. A state championship tourney...wasn't trying to stir up anything. Hope you weren't upset by my thought.

Oh no, I am not personally affected at all...

I think it important to note this was a $60 entry local event that had some big names choose to attend.

The Chipsta

Registered
Entry was only $60. Paid out more than the entry total. Several sponsors kicked in money and all money was put back into the prize fund. 30+ on a waiting list to get into the event. Sorry you missed it. Great event.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
This is more of a local event, not a national. As you can see by the player roster, the majority of competitors were local amateur players and social shooters.

What was unique about this event is that there were no green fees, and the players did not have to pay for table time or put quarters in the barbox for every game. As well, the event paid out 100 percent of the monies collected for entry fees *and* the entire $1,000 added. I did the math. :grin-square:

We don't have very many cool tournaments on the East Coast like they do in California, Texas, Louisiana, Arizona, and Vegas. I think there is a lack of pool rooms for people to play pool in my area, due to how expensive it is around here. Bank Shots Bar and Grill has a good pool room atmosphere for leagues, social shooters, amateurs, and pros. It is my understanding they have a strong league presence there.

In this regard, an event like this is welcome by us pool aficionados who live the Metro D.C. area. I can't imagine the work involved in putting this together and making it happen and then dealing with the B.S. that comes before, during, and after the tournament. :eek:

Big shout-out goes to Ray Hansen aka "Big Truck" of Pool Action TV. His commentary was excellent, and he really knows how to put on a first-class livestream. I especially enjoyed Brandon Shuff's commentary. What a great representative of pool for our area!

Anyway, just wanted to add some color to the payouts commentary. Sometimes it's not all about the money so much as it is a chance to play and compete in a first-class setting. The competitors came in there and gave it their all. It was fun, which is what pool should be all about. Winning is just the icing on the cake when it happens. :)

Yes, a local, social room-- and two of the local players played the night prior for $5K...so there is indeed action around here. :wink:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tournament was very good and worth every cent I paid to watch it.
I liked the "NO JUMPING" rules. (Those who don't like the "no jumping" can merely take their cue sticks and entry fees somewhere else)
There were a number of instances where a player threw a mortal lock safety on his opponent and if the opponent could've "bounced" the cue-ball the percentages were against the brilliance of the safety.
As always, old Big Truck came through with a good stream. I don't know how he keeps at it, week after week. For what it's worth, some of the other streamers out there should take note of his successes.
Keep on truckin'

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tournament was very good and worth every cent I paid to watch it.
I liked the "NO JUMPING" rules. (Those who don't like the "no jumping" can merely take their cue sticks and entry fees somewhere else)
There were a number of instances where a player threw a mortal lock safety on his opponent and if the opponent could've "bounced" the cue-ball the percentages were against the brilliance of the safety.
As always, old Big Truck came through with a good stream. I don't know how he keeps at it, week after week. For what it's worth, some of the other streamers out there should take note of his successes.
Keep on truckin'

What kind of 'mortal lock' safety leaves the possibility of a jump escape?

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree JAM, I had a chance to attend on Saturday for a few hours and there was something for everyone...great matches, action in the other room, Billiards Apparel, cue/case/accessories sales, food & drink and a great chance to catch up with folks I haven't seen in years.

Tip my hat to "Bank Shot" for hosting this fine local event!

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I agree! This was the most fun I've had shooting pool in years. My favorite moment was watching Earl and Keith arguing over their memory of a shot Keith pulled off against Earl in 1991...was it the seven to get on the eight, or the six to get on the seven? An extreme force follow off the rail to cut a ball into the far corner, bending in an arc, doubling out of the other corner and back to the foot rail for the leave. Watching them, with their spot on memory of the game from over 30 years ago!

Awesome play from a tough field, with a few world beaters sprinkled in, great tournament direction, good vendors, and great service from the bar staff. I would have been bummed out waiting out the time between matches (and I was VERY tired/sore by the time I got knocked out around midnight), but where else could I go and listen to Earl and/or Keith tell war stories for hours? Best sixty bucks I ever spent! :thumbup: