Jack 195 - Beware Dealing with!

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
J. Holmes, Jack 195

Jack is the nickname for John.

John Holmes. An easy name to remember you are going to get screwed.

Last edited:

JRusso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. PayPal should know.
I gave PayPal screen shots of all of the transactions, the relisting, the picture of the date etc. The worst detective on the planet could have put this clear fraud together and they still refunded his money.
My only real value in all of this is now knowing that PayPal does not do shit for sellers. If maybe different if I made thousands of transactions with them every month, but for a guy who sells something a few times a year at most good luck!

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J Holmes is all I have. I sent to Flushing NY, but he said he worked in Jersey, I believe.

OH MY GOSH!!! It's been awhile since I heard that name. I had the cue deal from hell with J HOLMES.

Luckily a police report, a report to a online fraud website, 2 letters from industry experts, a shit load of emails, timelines, pictures and tracking numbers got me the original cue back in terrible shape, and 500.00 of 650 received.

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Holmes, that name gets my blood boiling! I had a drawn out crap show with that POS, I finally got my cue back and PayPal gave him a full refund, but he decided to remove the wrap before he sent it back. At least I got the cue back.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
August 2017 is when I delt with the DF, if anyone is having issues with him currently and want his address I still have it...as well as half the people in the W/FS section it sounds. He’s a snake but was never rude when I was dealing with him. That brings back some memories, I remember one time maybe last year I emailed someone who had a Cue for sale or trade and told them I had several cues I would be willing to do something with. Instead of dissecting each one I just told him what they all were...BIG mistake on my part I guess. He proceeded to say next time I need to approach it differently because he’s not going to waste his time, and something about a hobby. No idea why I even remember that or who it was lol. I thought I was doing them a favor, I mean if I’ve got a cue for trade and someone says they’ve got 10 different cues they’d work with, I’d be happy if it was just the names or a pic. It’s doubtful someone would like them all if any, but it’s simple and gets the ball rolling. But then again I’m as easy as a preachers daughter :D

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I sold a cue case to Jack 195 . He paid through PayPal and I shipped the case as normal. I never heard anything from him regarding any issue that he may have had with case.
Out of nowhere I receive an email from PayPay stating that the buyer is disputing the item as it was " not as described in listing". He claimed that the case was made in 2010 and not 2016 as was in my listing. The case has a very clear signature of Dennis Swift 10-2016 on the bottom. Furthermore the case was made for me by Dennis so I know damn well how old it is.
What makes this even more interesting is that he was willing to take a 40% discount and call it square.

HERE IS WHERE IT GETS REALLY GOOD.. While disputing the case and trying to get a discount, he simultaneously is relisting the case at double what he bought it for and listing it as made in 2016!

My listing he bought it from:http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?459153&p=5960296#post5960296

His listing reselling the case he is disputing: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?468811&p=6078742#post6078742

I'm not sure what his angle is here. Maybe he figured out that PayPal sides with the buyer almost always regardless of the evidence that you provide them and he just does this repeatedly finding people who will just yield and give the discount??

Okay, my comments had already been made and answered above. Shame on Paypal! As far as J. Holmes goes, I'd rather be me or any one of you than him. What a way to live, looking over your shoulder every day to see if anyone is coming after you. I doubt he sleeps well at night. "A thief only steals from himself."

Last edited:

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every now and then I meet someone like this guy that just needs the steel toed boots put to his teeth. It teaches manners and ethics. The very best part, is the sudden surprise when they never figured you'd find them. Sadly, it's too late to offer the refund at that point.

JC

Coos Cues
J. Holmes is 100% Jeff Forney. He has used that alias forever.

Forney has always lived upstate at the same address. Scam central. Flushing is in the NYC area. I could be wrong but I don't think it's the same guy. Jack was going to buy some wood from me last week but decided not to after paying via paypal and the ship to address was Flushing. I refunded his money and did not ship the wood as per his request. Seems like if he was going to scam me he would have had me ship it. The money was minimal and I wasn't too concerned.

JC

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe he isn't out to scam everybody. Maybe everybody is out to get him...?

Or perhaps he thout you were the Lord and he would be wise to NOT fuk ya?!
Forney has always lived upstate at the same address. Scam central. Flushing is in the NYC area. I could be wrong but I don't think it's the same guy. Jack was going to buy some wood from me last week but decided not to after paying via paypal and the ship to address was Flushing. I refunded his money and did not ship the wood as per his request. Seems like if he was going to scam me he would have had me ship it. The money was minimal and I wasn't too concerned.

JC

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
J. Holmes is 100% Jeff Forney. He has used that alias forever.

2-Different scammers
Holmes is more of a serial claim filer and bottomfeeder.
I call them "claimofiles"
Forney is just a little P.O.S. from what I can tell

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
Do we have a sticky thread someplace with a list of known scammers? Name and address would be great. This way someone can check it after receiving paypal payment. That way you could just refund it right then and save yourself the hassle.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
The only person to ever request to be friends to me here in all the years. Didn't accept cause it just seemed off.

JC

Coos Cues
Do we have a sticky thread someplace with a list of known scammers? Name and address would be great. This way someone can check it after receiving paypal payment. That way you could just refund it right then and save yourself the hassle.

J Holmes
4266 Phlox Place
apt e2
Flushing, NY 11355
United States

Forney is actually considerably more intelligent than Holmes from my experience. And considerably more criminal.

JC

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
J Holmes
4266 Phlox Place
apt e2
Flushing, NY 11355
United States

Forney is actually considerably more intelligent than Holmes from my experience. And considerably more criminal.

JC

here is a possible phone #:

(718) 358-6855
Registered in Flushing, NY

Call PHONE NUMBER DETAILS
Jadwiga Holmes
Owner of (718) 358-6855

Age 60s

Jadwiga Holmes
Age 60s

4266 Phlox Pl Apt E2
Flushing NY 11355-2141
Neighborhood: Northeastern Queens

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The only person to ever request to be friends to me here in all the years. Didn't accept cause it just seemed off.

He requested same of me. I have never interacted with his threads or posts, seemed off indeed.

Wonder if he did a mass friend request to try and pad his rep?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
The guy is a piece of fecal matter. I hope he got a lifetime ban at AZB. One day someone he got over on is gonna find him and take to the woodshed if you know what I mean. After his wounds heal he may consider not carrying on his practice of getting refunds from the seller while listing said item for double the money. The one case he was trying to get a partial refund on he claimed was made in 2010 instead 2016 he has listed FS described as a 2016 case, what a piece of work!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is a possible phone #:

(718) 358-6855
Registered in Flushing, NY

Call PHONE NUMBER DETAILS
Jadwiga Holmes
Owner of (718) 358-6855

Age 60s

Jadwiga Holmes
Age 60s

4266 Phlox Pl Apt E2
Flushing NY 11355-2141
Neighborhood: Northeastern Queens
I just sent a message to that # telling him I have the $ for the cue we talked about a few months ago, and sorry it took so long. I then asked if he still has cue.
If he responds I'll say sorry, I punched the wrong #!

JC

Coos Cues
I just sent a message to that # telling him I have the $ for the cue we talked about a few months ago, and sorry it took so long. I then asked if he still has cue.
If he responds I'll say sorry, I punched the wrong #!

Just because the dude is banned from here doesn't prevent him from reading.

JC (Been banned before)