Funny pic/gif thread...

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The issue with this is often there is a LEFT LANE ENDS sign a mile before the end. And cars can move over very easily before then. But don't. Because they are special and don't need to read. I've seen it happen late at night with 0 traffic, but those morons will just keep driving and try to pass you at the last second to squeeze in instead of just getting in the correct lane earlier.

It is an informative sign telling you what's ahead, not a command to 'move over now'.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The issue with this is often there is a LEFT LANE ENDS sign a mile before the end. And cars can move over very easily before then. But don't. Because they are special and don't need to read. I've seen it happen late at night with 0 traffic, but those morons will just keep driving and try to pass you at the last second to squeeze in instead of just getting in the correct lane earlier.

To speed up and get in front of someone, when it would be just as easy to get in behind the car in the non-merge laneand hold the accelleration for few moments more is a dick move for sure...but if the merger continues to go faster and distances the non-merger, then there isn't really anything to be peeved about.

In my area though, traffic is usually not at speed and it is a benefit to all to use all available lane space.

Kill em all!

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Don't bother me now kid...

badass.gif

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
To speed up and get in front of someone, when it would be just as easy to get in behind the car in the non-merge laneand hold the accelleration for few moments more is a dick move for sure...but if the merger continues to go faster and distances the non-merger, then there isn't really anything to be peeved about.

In my area though, traffic is usually not at speed and it is a benefit to all to use all available lane space.

Kill em all!

Yeah, but then they get pissed when I won't let them in.
I sat in line and wait politely, the other guy has no right to be let in ( IMHO ).

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sat in line and wait politely, the other guy has no right to be let in ( IMHO ).

E V E R???????

Drive polite,dont be that guy!
I figure they believe they need that 80ft. Who am I to say otherwise.
I used to drive nearly 40000 miles a year in the dfw traffic so I know a little bit about asshats.

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is the problem. Soon, when cars drive themselves, you will see that they use the whole lane and merge at the end because it's the most logical and efficient way to do it.

At that point will you yell at your car for letting the other guy in? lol.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
In follow up to my last post before PT's.

View attachment 493468

Wow, never thought this post would set off such a fire storm! :rolleyes: FWIW when someone looks to come over back when it first becomes obvious of the merge ahead I let them in. However after waiting patiently in line and at the very end someone who has speeded to the end now has to merge I'm with Mr. Wilson … they can KMA.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
E V E R???????

Drive polite,dont be that guy!
I figure they believe they need that 80ft. Who am I to say otherwise.
I used to drive nearly 40000 miles a year in the dfw traffic so I know a little bit about asshats.

There is a stretch near my home that is maybe half a mile.
The lanes shift right and the road becomes divided for local traffic.

The traffic may back up even more than a mile for this lane.

People rush all the way up to the divider wall and THEN want in.

I respectfully refuse. No, I will not let anyone that did not wait for that lane in...PERIOD.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Yeah, but I'm not seeing any pics/gifs. Reading stuff is boring. Looking at dumb shit is much more entertaining!

Maniac

In Canada, traffic jams are rare in much of the country....

E61B74F4-6438-45E3-A382-86F95E82BAF9.png

‘Course, they can happen in Toronto....and they’re kinda ignorant about it....:mad:

423DDF9A-4207-492A-898E-76B147A50721.jpeg

But thank heavens we don’t have to deal with Chuck....:eek:

AAD1750F-4018-40B8-AEA9-7A05EF335C88.jpeg

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I respectfully refuse. No, I will not let anyone that did not wait for that lane in...PERIOD.
On Interstate 285 circling Atlanta, they do that constantly.
If you don't let them in, you're just asking for someone to blow up and point a pistol at you. Or get out and come at you with a hammer or a baseball bat.
Crazy place.
:shrug:

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It all depends on the pace of traffic. If traffic is at a crawl, then it would be completely wasteful and inefficient to NOT use the entire merge lane. Simply fill the entire merge lane a "zipper in" like civilized drivers.

However, if traffic is fast-paced then safety becomes the primary issue and it's best to merge as soon as you have the opportunity to do so safely.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
It all depends on the pace of traffic. If traffic is at a crawl, then it would be completely wasteful and inefficient to NOT use the entire merge lane. Simply fill the entire merge lane a "zipper in" like civilized drivers.

However, if traffic is fast-paced then safety becomes the primary issue and it's best to merge as soon as you have the opportunity to do so safely.
Yes, but either way it's counterproductive to block cars from merging smoothly at the end.

pj
chgo

Last edited: