Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Asked and answered.

You can easily do your own research if you now also want to know their titles..it's been talked about here before.

I'm not hear to lead you down the path. Someone asked who verified it suggesting it was some random janitor, I told you their names. The endless follow up questions are just a game.

The caveat was who has seen the video that hates John. People who like John or are not 100 ball runners are not allowed to defend him. It is interesting because if you hate John, then you probably wouldn't want to watch 4 hours of straight pool anyway.

Haters want to view the video for free because they do not want to give John one penny for his accomplishment.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I won't be addressing the contention that conditions must be equalled further.

You keep moving the target of a barely related detail.

No target moving....just a little misreading/understanding on your part. I'm out!

Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
The highest possible standards, exact, are always the most desirous and first to be attempted, if they are not achievable, one goes to the next highest, near exact, and so on. In the event that the original achievement is not repeatable, or closely repeatable, a new record is declared, not a "broken" record.

"Scientific evidence holds the highest standards, it requires exact conditions and repeatable results before finding are accepted as factual, certainly I am not suggesting that a record, itself, be repeated before certification, that's simply not doable, but the requirement of "exact", or "near exact'" conditions being replicated is not only doable, but in every other discipline it is a requirement."

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No target moving....just a little misreading/understanding on your part. I'm out!

I am not gonna let you pin the fshkrtcoming.on me. I addressed your contention.

You are the one who said conditions had to be the same and then backtracked to close as possible.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
4x8

When I was young I really wanted to surpass Mosconi's certified official record, I never considered bout his record was actually on the 8' table. I do not have access to any 4x8's so I doubt I will ever make a legitimate attempt at surpassing it, I mostly practice on 10' table. john, charlie and the bca - should not have tried to use Mosconi's accomplishment (526) as a stepping stone for sum' cheap media experiment stunt. We should protect our sports history and not allow hustlers to modify it while USING Mosconi's name in the process.
They should be ashamed of themselves - and so should the nyslimes,bca, and other vested interests. :-( I guess it all comes back to em one way or another though - when they try to tell lies to the general public for profit.

Last edited:

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I am not gonna let you pin the fshkrtcoming.on me. I addressed your contention.

You are the one who said conditions had to be the same and then backtracked to close as possible.

No backtracking. Initially, I just didn't think that I needed to clarify my position in detail...and when I did, I didn't think that I had to do it more than once.

What's a "fshkrtcoming?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No backtracking. Initially, I just didn't think that I needed to clarify my position in detail...and when I did, I didn't think that I had to do it more than once.

What's a "fshkrtcoming?

Haysoos christo....that was such a bad typo, it even slipped into the al gore web uncorrected.

Was supposed to say 'shortcoming'

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a tangled web has been woven. Good luck untangling this muck. No one to carry forth. No top ten to carry forth. No top any number to carry forth. NEXT! Just like in the barber shop. :rolleyes:

That makes no sense whatsoever and therefor fits perfectly in this thread.

congratulations

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Nobody's buying your no proof arguments and nobody's accepting your arguments for
free, either. Time for a Curtain Call, since y'all cannot seem to end this BS.

Congratulations, that's your 10th unsuccessful attempt to put a period on this and suggest you've made a point. You haven't. It's just one more way to say you wish JS hadn't broken the record.....or he did but it doesn't mean anything...or he did but you weren't there so it doesn't count...or...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations, that's your 10th unsuccessful attempt to put a period on this and suggest you've made a point. You haven't. It's just one more way to say you wish JS hadn't broken the record.....or he did but it doesn't mean anything...or he did but you weren't there so it doesn't count...or...

Illusory truth effect...defined.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
But... who knows what the video really shows ;-)

I'm pretty sure it's 626 pool balls going into pockets in a row.

The VR version planned for xradarxharriman has cubes of chalk flying at the viewer that randomly knock them out of their seats followed by the sound of school children laughing hysterically at him. I think the ending credits feature John's rendition of, "Neener! Neener! Neener!"

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was young I really wanted to surpass Mosconi's certified official record, I never considered bout his record was actually on the 8' table. I do not have access to any 4x8's so I doubt I will ever make a legitimate attempt at surpassing it, I mostly practice on 10' table. john, charlie and the bca - should not have tried to use Mosconi's accomplishment (526) as a stepping stone for sum' cheap media experiment stunt. We should protect our sports history and not allow hustlers to modify it while USING Mosconi's name in the process.
They should be ashamed of themselves - and so should the nyslimes,bca, and other vested interests. :-( I guess it all comes back to em one way or another though - when they try to tell lies to the general public for profit.

So once a “record” or “claim” is made, Danny, everyone should respect those circumstances and toss hands up saying “we respect your record and will not try to best it”? Who exactly should (we) protect that sports history from or for, Danny? The guys that have no courage or talent to try their hand at the same exhibition or feat or whatever you want to call it?

How many excuses do you really need, Danny?

You said: “I do not have access to any 4x8's so I doubt I will ever make a legitimate attempt at surpassing it, I mostly practice on 10' table”.

Really? You never had nor will have access to a 4x8 table? And you never really considered what the Mosconi 526 record was achieved ON? Really, Danny? Those are lame comments even by your standards. But you have access to a 10’er.

What else you got?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Asked and answered.

You can easily do your own research if you now also want to know their titles..it's been talked about here before.

I'm not hear to lead you down the path. Someone asked who verified it suggesting it was some random janitor, I told you their names. The endless follow up questions are just a game.

You'd do quite well in the aiming forum.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure it's 626 pool balls going into pockets in a row.

The VR version planned for xradarxharriman has cubes of chalk flying at the viewer that randomly knock them out of their seats followed by the sound of school children laughing hysterically at him. I think the ending credits feature John's rendition of, "Neener! Neener! Neener!"

Anyone can make a video of 626 balls going into pockets.

Doesn't mean it's a legit run.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, make 627. In a row. On camera.

I'll even buy you some champagne afterward and we can sign the, "Neener! Neener! Neener!" song together.

Sure, happy to. But... I'm never going to release the tape, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Lou Figueroa
pirates everywhere
don't ya know

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Sure, happy to. But... I'm never going to release the tape, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

As long as the BCA approves it and there are private viewings where others can attest to it, I'll take your word for it. I've known you for what, 30 years Lou? We don't have to agree about everything. I might be down for the US-Open 10-ball, if I am, we can sing then.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Balls in a hole

The highest possible standards, exact, are always the most desirous and first to be attempted, if they are not achievable, one goes to the next highest, near exact, and so on. In the event that the original achievement is not repeatable, or closely repeatable, a new record is declared, not a "broken" record.

"Scientific evidence holds the highest standards, it requires exact conditions and repeatable results before finding are accepted as factual, certainly I am not suggesting that a record, itself, be repeated before certification, that's simply not doable, but the requirement of "exact", or "near exact'" conditions being replicated is not only doable, but in every other discipline it is a requirement."

This makes sense, when I first decided this long term goal (surpassing Mosconi's 526) I never considered what size table - this historical achievement was accomplished on. Growing up practicing Straight Pool I just thought about balls going into the pockets, the 8' would have been "exact standard" and that is very important. Now I know for sure that the 10' table is more difficult than the 9' - due to the 'long ball' hit. Just as the heavy congestion the 8' presents more complications. The 9' table being the happy medium or easiest of the three for 14.1 - without a doubt. So this is a new "claim" - john has set - that is all - I hope he and the bca can have a more positive impact on Pocket billiards in the future - as I am not sure he should have tried to associate his 9' table record with Mosconi's - that was performed 'out in sight' on the 8 ft, with 15 signed witnesses (+ no hidden tape). Thanks for the honest response to this media slur. If nothing else - I have learned more about proper adjudication of sports accomplishments. As of late I only practice (always Straight Pool) on an early Brunswick 5x10 ball return, I enjoy the table but not recording any runs. If I ever truly go set my sight on surpassing (might be able to:) I will try to maintain the closest standard to the original as I can (8' table) standard procedure - and there will be no hidden tape.

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I was sick to death of hearing about Mosconis run, this one and the subsequent imbecilia connected to it, give Mosconis run the 5 out, for pain in the ass.
Can you please put this in it's own thread, like the aiming crap.
I'm going to go back about 5 years in the annals of AZ, when I actually predicted this type of response and announce my availability as a psychic!

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as the BCA approves it and there are private viewings where others can attest to it, I'll take your word for it. I've known you for what, 30 years Lou? We don't have to agree about everything. I might be down for the US-Open 10-ball, if I am, we can sing then.

I believe he cheated to do it. Unless you want to disclose all the condition alterations that made it possible, he should be banned for life from all professional pool. Whats the difference if you "broke" a free throw record with a bigger, dead hoop? He is just hoping to slip in with nobody noticing. I don't think money was ever on his mind, history was.

Status
Not open for further replies.