Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Robinson will be going to the viewing party of 626 on 2/13/20 in Santa Barbara,CA. Will you take his word if he says it is legit?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Robinson will be going to the viewing party of 626 on 2/13/20 in Santa Barbara,CA. Will you take his word if he says it is legit?

If the balls weren't taken off the table to be cleaned in a machine.

If there was a heater under the table...IMO, it's no good.

It would also depend on "if" ....and "how" and ..."who" edited the video, if in fact it was edited.

I've been told by one person that it was edited for bathroom breaks and the like. I don't understand the need to stop.the vid to go pee. That IMO, would raise suspicion big time.

In the end, if the vid has been edited in any way, IMO, the way it would ever be credible to me is to hear someone we know and trust say they watched it in person and it was legitimate.

The longer this horse and pony show goes, the more fishy it sounds.

I understand the need to make it count but, thats just it, making it count is making sure there isn't any room for doubt.

I have a feeling that it's gonna be on the fence...

We'll see, then again, we may not.

Maybe Chris will shed some light on all the many questions everyone has.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So... on Mosconi's 526 run two balls popped back onto the table? hmmm.

That LTTE clearly starts off with the author saying, "I've heard..."

IOWs it is hearsay. He doesn't even say from whom he heard. It's like someone coming on here saying, "I've heard that JS' run had balls popping out of the pockets but he gave himself the call and kept on going."

Lou Figueroa
thanks BJ

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No sir it was to Mr. Logical after he thought it was funny to call me a stooge.. !56 is a incredible run and congrats on it. Mizerak told me he would like to avg. 40 balls every time he got to the table. Makes alot of sense to me. Its just crazy that people don't understand What it takes to make high runs.How much easier it is when you have a table custom doctored to make the balls fall in when they shouldn't and just hang at the holes not to mention 760 Simonis cloth and pulling the balls off the table many, many times after the run has started and polishing them which makes the conditions stay the same the whole way through the run and never making the run get harder. People that have never run many balls don't understand these variables they only think of the ball count. I myself as a player that has broke 100 balls hundreds of times feels it is totally disrespectful to the game to obviously cheat by making such conditions that would never ever ever ever ever ever be such conditions in any Tournament or anywhere else.
Not 1 person in history has had such conditions set up like this for any reason but Schmidt. So if conditions don't matter than how come Schmidt has never broke 300 on a pro diamond table which is less than half of the 626 and he has tried on a Diamond for about 10-15 years. Point proven I believe.

Well said.

Lou Figueroa

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for not being a troll poster, this is an unbiased honest opinion. We have to protect 14.1 Sports history from the hill of fame media rodents. I guess predator cue co charlie (and john's new cue sponsor- that charlie had a hand in) already gave Mosconi's family some royalties for their 526 cue, maybe this was the first step to their corrupt business plan, either way Mosconi's 526 has been reinstated - till the little pwrs at low level b can prove otherwise (unedited footage of the mystery tape). It will be interesting to see if they come out with a 626 cue before the footage of the mystery tape gets released - if it ever does? They hammered on Jim Thorpe while he was alive, looks like they waited till Mosconi had passed on to try their larceny.

I also suggested that John (or anyone doing high run taping) get a Ball Marker (like from snooker I have 2) so when a ball needs cleaning, there will be less ney sayers on the run "The cue ball wasn't put back in the same position". I would also suggest only cleaning the balls at the Pre-Break stage or by an official. Not that I wouldn't trust the old piece of chalk as a marker but I know many who would...

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The signing, of an NDA, nullifies anything that the signee could possibly enlighten anyone else about. Why bother? Where are the discussions from others that have viewed the privateer showing/audio upgraded video? Nullified
, still afraid of suits(law):yikes::duck::barf:

Several people have posted in this thread that they saw the video. I also spoke to someone who viewed the video. All of the non believers just ignore those posts. I would pay $50 for one of the non believers in this thread to go to that watch party just so this nonsense will end.

Is Bob Jewett close to Santa Barbara? I would pay for him to view it as well.

People will find some other excuse even if the video shows he ran 626. OMG he cleaned the balls between racks. OMG it was on a 9 foot table with 5.5" pockets!

Like Bobby says it is not possible but also says the game is much easier if the balls are kept clean so it might be possible if they are kept clean? Just pick a side.

I saw the live stream when he ran 490. He missed a tester after the break when the cue ball got kicked to the head rail and only shot was long diagonal. To think John isn't capable of this run is mind boggling. He had many runs of 300s and 400s during the live stream stretch. The biggest thing he needs to keep runs alive is an open shot after the break.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would pay $50 for one of the non believers in this thread to go to that watch party just so this nonsense will end.

You'd throw your money out of the window. Because we know the result, even if it were the cleanest of runs in anyone else's view.

Is Bob Jewett close to Santa Barbara? I would pay for him to view it as well.

Now, he, DrDave or a few other guys with decent manners, great knowledge of pool in general and such would make a lot more sense. Who cares what the crazies believe or not. Spending money for a nay-sayer to view would be as efficient as believing JS' closest 2 friends - only the other way around.

People will find some other excuse even if the video shows he ran 626. OMG he cleaned the balls between racks. OMG it was on a 9 foot table with 5.5" pockets!

There you go. And Elvis is alive, they had breakfast with Adolf H., the twin towers were an inside job and the moon landing never took place. Some people would believe everything and others deny anything.

However, since quite a lot of people have seen JS' run - even according to the nay-sayers 50-60 including the BCA officials - I would only accept proof of the opposite. Until then, the record stands IMHO. Envy or hate for JS just don't cut it.

BTW, I never thought JS was one of the most likeable pool players. But there are some on this thread who are hitting rock bottom - vulgar language, insults and condescending attitudes without anything to back it up but a huge mouth ... doesn't help if you play pool half as good as JS. Being someone who deserves respect is something some of you never heard of ... and you don't achieve that by being a 50, 100 or 700 ball runner.

It's like Efren Reyes and Mike Tyson. One of them deserves to be respected. Even though the other made a lot more money in his career and was definitely more famous.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
That LTTE clearly starts off with the author saying, "I've heard..."

IOWs it is hearsay. He doesn't even say from whom he heard. It's like someone coming on here saying, "I've heard that JS' run had balls popping out of the pockets but he gave himself the call and kept on going."

Lou Figueroa
thanks BJ

Yes Lou that’s the point I was making. There will always be speculation on this type of achievement (or lack of achievement) and it is much easier to question Johns than Willies or others because Johns is in the here and now. For myself it is hard to support the run with the way the whole thing has manifested. Personally I hope it legitimately happened because it breaths new life into a great game that seems to have lost popularity.

We have enough problems keeping big table pool around the game.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you'd throw your money out of the window. Because we know the result, even if it were the cleanest of runs in anyone else's view.

Now, he, drdave or a few other guys with decent manners, great knowledge of pool in general and such would make a lot more sense. Who cares what the crazies believe or not. Spending money for a nay-sayer to view would be as efficient as believing js' closest 2 friends - only the other way around.

There you go. And elvis is alive, they had breakfast with adolf h., the twin towers were an inside job and the moon landing never took place. Some people would believe everything and others deny anything.

However, since quite a lot of people have seen js' run - even according to the nay-sayers 50-60 including the bca officials - i would only accept proof of the opposite. Until then, the record stands imho. Envy or hate for js just don't cut it.

Btw, i never thought js was one of the most likeable pool players. But there are some on this thread who are hitting rock bottom - vulgar language, insults and condescending attitudes without anything to back it up but a huge mouth ... Doesn't help if you play pool half as good as js. Being someone who deserves respect is something some of you never heard of ... And you don't achieve that by being a 50, 100 or 700 ball runner.

It's like efren reyes and mike tyson. One of them deserves to be respected. Even though the other made a lot more money in his career and was definitely more famous.

50-60 ?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'd throw your money out of the window. Because we know the result, even if it were the cleanest of runs in anyone else's view.

Now, he, DrDave or a few other guys with decent manners, great knowledge of pool in general and such would make a lot more sense. Who cares what the crazies believe or not. Spending money for a nay-sayer to view would be as efficient as believing JS' closest 2 friends - only the other way around.

There you go. And Elvis is alive, they had breakfast with Adolf H., the twin towers were an inside job and the moon landing never took place. Some people would believe everything and others deny anything.

However, since quite a lot of people have seen JS' run - even according to the nay-sayers 50-60 including the BCA officials - I would only accept proof of the opposite. Until then, the record stands IMHO. Envy or hate for JS just don't cut it.

BTW, I never thought JS was one of the most likeable pool players. But there are some on this thread who are hitting rock bottom - vulgar language, insults and condescending attitudes without anything to back it up but a huge mouth ... doesn't help if you play pool half as good as JS. Being someone who deserves respect is something some of you never heard of ... and you don't achieve that by being a 50, 100 or 700 ball runner.

It's like Efren Reyes and Mike Tyson. One of them deserves to be respected. Even though the other made a lot more money in his career and was definitely more famous.

You OBVIOUSLY know very little about 14.1 and even less about what it takes to put up big numbers and even less than that about what stops those runs.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You OBVIOUSLY know very little about 14.1 and even less about what it takes to put up big numbers and even less than that about what stops those runs.

But we will all certainly acknowledge that very few land speed records were set into a headwind, right?

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And you obviously have a condescending attitude since you never met me, don't know nothing about me. A big mouth and constantly mentioning your oh so great 156 run in every other thread ... yeah, I believe JS' 626 more than your 156. Too many keyboard heroes in this thread. And strangely enough I see most of the big mouths on only one side ...

And no, I don't claim to be the greatest pool player, not even one worth mentioning. But I do claim that I apparently have more education and knowledge than some of the big-mouth ball-runners here. A good referee or an impartial spectator of a great pool game does not have to run 100's of balls with his mouth - he/she only has to know the rules and/or in this case the facts known to this point.

Facts like 50 or 60 people having seen the run, the BCA having approved it and so on. If you have any facts to prove that the BCA and 50+ people did not open their eyes and all of them don't know sh** about the rules of 14.1 - then you are in a position to attack JS or the record. Until then, you are the one who knows very little. Bragging keyboard warrior.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You really don't have to look hard for evidence he thinks playing pool well somehow makes one better than another, by some non-pool-related measure.

knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

And you obviously have a condescending attitude since you never met me, don't know nothing about me. A big mouth and constantly mentioning your oh so great 156 run in every other thread ... yeah, I believe JS' 626 more than your 156. Too many keyboard heroes in this thread. And strangely enough I see most of the big mouths on only one side ...

And no, I don't claim to be the greatest pool player, not even one worth mentioning. But I do claim that I apparently have more education and knowledge than some of the big-mouth ball-runners here. A good referee or an impartial spectator of a great pool game does not have to run 100's of balls with his mouth - he/she only has to know the rules and/or in this case the facts known to this point.

Facts like 50 or 60 people having seen the run, the BCA having approved it and so on. If you have any facts to prove that the BCA and 50+ people did not open their eyes and all of them don't know sh** about the rules of 14.1 - then you are in a position to attack JS or the record. Until then, you are the one who knows very little. Bragging keyboard warrior.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
when you have a table custom doctored to make the balls fall in when they shouldn't and just hang at the holes not to mention 760 Simonis cloth and pulling the balls off the table many, many times after the run has started and polishing them which makes the conditions stay the same the whole way through the run .

So, you do have proof the table was doctored to be "easy" and help the run? asking for a friend ;)

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see a DVD and I'd be interested to know how many of the various types of break shots John used in the run.

Side of the rack follow
Side of the rack draw
Below the rack
Across to of the rack
Side pocket
One rail off the long rail into the rack
One rail off the short rail into the rack

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’m curious where the Heated Table assertion has come from.

The table specs, cloth, cue, tip...cue case?? Lol... were all posted soon after the run. I’ve never seen anything about heating until now.

I would also like to know about the balls’ treatment. A hand rag wipe between racks (wiping the tops of the racked balls and moving the rack around a bit to roll them, as in previous runs of JS I’ve seen) seems legit, pulling the balls off the table to put in a polishing machine seems a little over the top.

Cornelius Deuel was doing that during a high run video I watched with a golf game playing in the background. It just seems like the machines should be left out once the run has started.

For those who claim it did not break mosconi’s record... I don’t know or care either way if it’s a new record or new category. I did have a funny feeling about him “setting out” to break the 526 in the way that he did, but I also was a little excited and predicted he would do it. Regardless of other possible high runs, 626 is an amazing number of balls to run. 4 +- hours is a long ass time to keep your concentration.

Archive the old 14.1 records if you like. John has the Worsted wool high run

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The existing 14.1 records archive exists for records that actually pertain to the game of 14.1 Straight Pool Continuous. They were recorded as records achieved during actual events relative to the game played by the existing rules. I could suggest a place for JS626 hi-run lackeys to place what he says is a record. It should have absolutely no connection to the actual game of 14.1 Straight Pool Continuous. Send that proof to your questioning friend(s).

Please cite sources supporting 'actual events' claim?

I believe it is well documented that 526 occurred as part of a promotional act.

Status
Not open for further replies.