As more bashing against deanoc continues...we now sympathize for him

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HawaiianEye and CocoboloCowboy

Since all of this is OK in your minds,

Would you answer this simple question
so the rest of us can understand

If I ordered a Schmelke cue with a few customizations and no logo for $150...
Then, I sold it to you as a "custom cue" for $500...
And later on you found out the cue I sold you was a $150 Schmelke...
How would you feel? :eek:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True. A cue’s worth is based on what the buyers are willing to pay.

Same as water is worth what you are willing to pay at Hank's pool hall.

Water is basically FREE, but Hank started charging a dollar for it, after it was free for many years, and some people started b1tching. Some people on here were b1tching, even though they had never been to Hank's or drank the water. Maybe somebody needs to go report Hank to the high authorities.

Are all you Hanks the same? Do you charge people for free water when they come to your house?

What's the markup on water? Is it overpriced?

Sounds like some cheap broke-ass pool bums b1tching to me.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=244283&highlight=hank's+water+dollar

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HawaiianEye and CocoboloCowboy

Since all of this is OK in your minds,

Would you answer this simple question
so the rest of us can understand

If I ordered a Schmelke cue with a few customizations and no logo for $150...
Then, I sold it to you as a "custom cue" for $500...
And later on you found out the cue I sold you was a $150 Schmelke...
How would you feel? :eek:

Why don't you make one and let me try it before I get it.

That's what I did if you can read.

I got mine from somebody else after I had tried it and played with it.

So, send me one and, if I like it, I may buy it.

Let me know when you are ready to ship it, you pay the shipping, and I'll give you the address to mail it to.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My point was big cities were Car Dealers can play games. Most are corporate stores, you General Manager is there one day gone the next. Repete sales they do not care about, it's a game of numbers. Dealer v/s sucker. Most do not know golden rule.

In small communities the car dealer most of the time is family owned, they are is your neighbor, you shop at same stores, go to same churches. They want to build a clientele, and have repete business.

That is the world 2020, before retiring I use to need a new business car about ever 14 - 16 months. Had dealing with the same fleet guy for years, no BS, he treated me fair, gave me fair prices, on trade, and new car, and I sent him more customers. He treated them the same.
Almost all new dealerships are independently owned. Most states have laws covering this. Every dealership that i've ever come in contact with was a privately owned entity. I don't know where you get your info. Never had "games" played on me either unlike what deanoc tried to pull. That's bush-league used car dealer shit.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Almost all new dealerships are independently owned. Most states have laws covering this. Every dealership that i've ever come in contact with was a privately owned entity. I don't know where you get your info. Never had "games" played on me either unlike what deanoc tried to pull. That's bush-league used car dealer shit.

I do not know where you live? Let me drop two name on your plate. Roger Penski, Warren Buffet.

Both own a large portfolio of car dealerships.

You do not have to thank me for assisting you.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not know where you live? Let me drop two name on your plate. Roger Penski, Warren Buffet.

Both own a large portfolio of car dealerships.

You do not have to thank me for assisting you.
Penske and Buffet own car dealerships. They are not owned by the manufacturers is what i meant. You think all small town dealerships are mom-n-pop? Not hardly. You think that only small mom/pop places treat you right? I've dealt with guys in the Ok/Tex area that own over 15 apiece and was always treated like gold. You just make guesswork accusations. New car dealers, regardless of owner, have to abide by pretty strict rules laid down by the brand they sell and the state. Sounds like you must have some really shitty dealers where you live. Kinda like dealing with certain Texas-based cue hustlers. BTW, you're the one who keeps defending a lying thief. I think you need the assistance pal.

Last edited:

stumpie71

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to be clear, this is in no way on the scale of a criminal fraud. This would not be prosecuted as a crime. It is simply deceptive advertising.

Now if he claimed Jackpot prevented cancer, knowingly took the money without delivering the cues, or stole the cues, that would be criminal. If he knowingly wrote a bad check with intent to defraud, that could be criminal.

The district attorneys have better things to do than bust small timers like Dean for false advertising.

I agree with this mostly :D. Most prosecutors aren't going to pursue this unless it's local. If someone files a complaint for mail fraud it will get kicked to the locality where committed. Most likely misdemeanors because of the amount of money involved.

All that being said. Dean intended to defraud people here. For me he showed his character, or lack thereof, and that he doesn't have a moral compass.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Penske and Buffet own car dealerships. They are not owned by the manufacturers is what i meant. You think all small town dealerships are mom-n-pop? Not hardly. You think that only small mom/pop places treat you right? I've dealt with guys in the Ok/Tex area that own over 15 apiece and was always treated like gold. You just make guesswork accusations. New car dealers, regardless of owner, have to abide by pretty strict rules laid down by the brand they sell and the state. Sounds like you must have some really shitty dealers where you live. Kinda like dealing with certain Texas-based cue hustlers. BTW, you're the one who keeps defending a lying thief. I think you need the assistance pal.

On Edmonds Dot Com, there is a long read Confession of a Car Salesman, report went under cover to expose how the dealership work to take you.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On Edmonds Dot Com, there is a long read Confession of a Car Salesman, report went under cover to expose how the dealership work to take you.

If Garzcar and you both went to a car Dealership, I'd happily bet 100bucks he walks out with a better deal than you.
You remind me of that Seinfield episode where George bought John Voight's car, thinking it was the actor Jon Voight. If Dean can fool you, how you going to fair any better at the dealership????

If anything you would likely defend the car salesman who conned you and sing his praises from the rooftop...

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
If Garzcar and you both went to a car Dealership, I'd happily bet 100bucks he walks out with a better deal than you.
You remind me of that Seinfield episode where George bought John Voight's car, thinking it was the actor Jon Voight. If Dean can fool you, how you going to fair any better at the dealership????

If anything you would likely defend the car salesman who conned you and sing his praises from the rooftop...

Are you comparing Coco to George?

https://youtu.be/JC4C_Gcp_dM

Coco! Coco! Coco!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Actually Dean's name keeps come up, Dean & I each had a deal where one time I was seller, one time I was buyer. Both transactions were all stars, meaning both parties were happy.

Did Dean do something to you where you personally got the shafted by Dean, or are you like the kid on the football field who did not make a tackle, but saw any opportunity to pile on.

I have had good sucess buying autos, as I shop for the best deal I can get. If you have time, to shop it give you an advantage. Plus doing your homework before you go to the dealer.

Buyer is in control until the moment you sight the paper work, pull a fast one on me it Adaos amego.;)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
big dealers get better deals than little dealers

I think bigger auto dealers automatically get a bigger discount for moving more units. What they definitely get is better deals on the floor plan rebate. Cars that sit at the dealership are typically on a floor plan. What that means is that dealers have six months interest free for the vehicle to sit on the lot. However after six months the vehicle starts eating, principle and interest!

The vehicle manufacturers give dealers a floor plan rebate even on vehicles special ordered for a customer to help with floor plan costs. It used to run three to six percent, not small change on a forty thousand dollar SUV or Pick-up. That is why they can sell below their invoice and destination charge and make a buck.

There is also the statistic that the chances of selling a car to a customer is 30% or less if they walk off the lot. That is why they damned near grab you by both hands to hold you if you start to leave. Another bit of information, those sites on the internet giving wholesale prices of automobiles are generally pretty accurate. Years ago I sat down with a curious Chevy dealer. Turned out I knew to the penny how much the decked out Tahoe was going to cost him.

Knowing these things, I am almost ready to deal. The final thing is that I check on dealers within a hundred mile radius of me. Then I get the fax number for the fleet manager. I put together a request for a quote and fax it to every dealership within a hundred miles. Almost every one of them will play. Last deal I made, I helped a friend buy a very popular pick-up truck for $350 under invoice to the dealer! That is unusual but I do usually get vehicles for $50 to $150 above dealer cost and destination, the only valid fee. Dealer prep and such is padded, I won't pay it.

Worst case, I have rearranged a deal when I was crooked a bit. We looked at several vehicles a long ways from the show room. When we got to the show room the salesman got out a pad and did some cyphering. We got to a number that worked, I bought the truck and drove it home, sixty miles away. When I got there and looked at the paperwork on the window, I realized the salesman had swapped list prices on me. I bought the cheaper truck but negotiations had started from list on the higher priced truck!

Happened that this was Saturday night now. My brother and I were both off Monday. I had him follow me to the dealership and I parked the pick-up square in front of the door, now with 120 miles on it. I dropped the keys on the salesman's desk and my brother and I went and ate breakfast. When we rolled up to the dealership the salesman asked where my new truck was. I pointed it out and pointed out the problem. The salesman tried to deny it but I went into sledgehammer negotiation mode. He either deducted what he claimed he was going to or I left the truck there, sue me and be damned! The three day cooling off rule doesn't apply to vehicles in my state.

The salesman cried loud and long, the dealer was equally unhappy. The salesman had upped the vehicle price about twenty percent before negotiating it down further than he could from the real price. I wouldn't budge an inch or a penny. I sat there about an hour while things rocked and rolled at the dealership. That hundred plus miles on the odometer made that a used truck. If they took it back they lost money. If they sued me it cost them money and maybe the stink I promised in all of the local media.

I finally got the truck with a very large mark down. Exactly what he had claimed to be deducting. "You would never have gotten this truck for this price Saturday!" "I don't care." I put almost two-hundred thousand miles on that truck. Had I been the sucker I would have remembered every time I stepped in the truck. As it was, I had pleasant memories of the purchase! Sold the truck for a decent price and watched it going up and down the highway in front of my home for years more!

Kinda like when two would be hustlers meet, one leaves happy and one leaves unhappy. I actively hustled twice in my life, hustled somebody that wasn't trying to hustle me. Those hustles were fifty years ago. I was told that was what pool players did and I wanted to be a pool player. Those two hustles still bug me. The hundreds, maybe thousands of times, that I hustled a would be hustler don't bother me in the least!

If I traded Dean a fifty dollar cue for his probably $100 to $150 cue I would be happy too! Several of Dean's defenders are second owners that got into the cue for a nice price or trade, puts a different light on things.

Since the conversation had drifted towards vehicles I wanted to point out a sweet way to buy one. Works well in the time of the virus too. You can do everything from home except pay a deposit and take ownership of a vehicle. Buy with thirty minutes face time or less if you know what you want.

Hu

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

'' I'm Driving around in Jon Voight's car " That Episode was classic ! Until he finds out the name is spelled John instead Jon. Funny stuff , Good Times !!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I traded Dean a fifty dollar cue for his probably $100 to $150 cue I would be happy too! Several of Dean's defenders are second owners that got into the cue for a nice price or trade, puts a different light on things.

Hu

Name them.

I got mine from an original owner who had it about a week and he liked it so well he turned around and ordered another one just like it, only a 60" instead of the 58" he traded me. He knew who made the cue and turned around and ordered another one.

Why is that?

He liked it.

Why don't you like it?

You didn't buy it.

Speaking of liking one. How do you like this one? It has a camphor burl handle cored with purple heart. The handle was cored by Larry Vigus.

Not too shabby.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=510848

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Name them.

I got mine from an original owner who had it about a week and he liked it so well he turned around and ordered another one just like it, only a 60" instead of the 58" he traded me. He knew who made the cue and turned around and ordered another one.

Why is that?

He liked it.

Why don't you like it?

You didn't buy it.

Speaking of liking one. How do you like this one? It has a camphor burl handle cored with purple heart.

Not too shabby.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=510848

Nice simple Cue for playing Pool. BTW HAWAIIANEYE, you PMed ME, can not reply until you clean mail box.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm starting to show some sympathy towards him even though what he did was deceitful but as more people keep bashing him then he will make out to be the better man. It's starting to happen where those that disagree with him are starting to support him.

Nobody reads a 20 plus page thread in it's entirety so all this bashing of him will eventually turn support from others.

I don't. Just hope people are finally going to get wise.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Same as water is worth what you are willing to pay at Hank's pool hall.

Water is basically FREE, but Hank started charging a dollar for it, after it was free for many years, and some people started b1tching. Some people on here were b1tching, even though they had never been to Hank's or drank the water. Maybe somebody needs to go report Hank to the high authorities.

Are all you Hanks the same? Do you charge people for free water when they come to your house?

What's the markup on water? Is it overpriced?

Sounds like some cheap broke-ass pool bums b1tching to me.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=244283&highlight=hank's+water+dollar

This is why you just don't get it. What Hand\k did was up front and honest. He decided there is a cost factor to water. He pays folks that fetch it for you, he has to clean the glass afterwards, so he rightly assumed if folks are not going to spend money, why is he paying for dishwashers and servers without him making a profit.

Now, here is the most important part, if Hank was selling Fuji water but was actually just putting tap water in the glass, then Hank would be wrong. This is exactly what Dean did. He payed a shell game and got caught. Then made the cardinal sin of refusing to apologize and acting like the victim for the only one that made money in the deal. LOL, yeah, that's some victim ;)

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Simply, Dean's customers were duped.

They bought a Jack Potter cue and got a Schmelke. The ones who defend these actions are too proud, too dumb, too belligerent or too kind hearted to hurt Dean for what he did, which was wrong. I think his defenders need to pick out which category they belong in - the rest of us already have figured that out.

Did I buy a Jackpot? No, and neither did anybody else. And that is the case summary and last thing I will say about it.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simply, Dean's customers were duped.

They bought a Jack Potter cue and got a Schmelke. The ones who defend these actions are too proud, too dumb, too belligerent or too kind hearted to hurt Dean for what he did, which was wrong. I think his defenders need to pick out which category they belong in - the rest of us already have figured that out.

Did I buy a Jackpot? No, and neither did anybody else. And that is the case summary and last thing I will say about it.

Tap tap tap