Jackpot Cue

Why would anyone want to attach themselves to that
dumpster fire?

I get the feeling that Keith probably knew nothing about all of the deception behind the Jackpot cues.

It may have just been an honest good review, or should I say it probably was an honest good review.

It may have just been a free gift, with no strings attached.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This definitely a damage control thread.

Send cue to professional and have him vouch for it.

Go to AZB and report of how great it is.

He’s a pro. What’s he going to say it sucks? He can’t shoot with it?

Given the drama with this cue why even make a thread about it.

Dean about to send one to Efren.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... One last ting before i bail here: if you're going to open a thread on an open/public forum you better be ready to fade whatever responses it gets. You don't get to decide the who's-n-how's of how your thread is received or answered.

And those who respond better be ready to fade the OP's reaction as well.

I decide when and who I want to reply to. Always have and always will.

Next?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get the feeling that Keith probably knew nothing about all of the deception behind the Jackpot cues.

It may have just been an honest good review, or should I say it probably was an honest good review.

Keith hasn't been on AzBilliards in a long time. He has no idea what a Jackpot Cue is. I'm not even sure if he knows who Deanoc is. Well, he does now, of course.

Keith gets a beautiful cue as a gift, a decent cue at that, and instead of celebrating the niceness of the gift, people want to throw shade and innuendos about the real reason it was given. I don't have anything to gain from this thread, but I can tell you this, if we were on Facebook, I'd delete the thread immediately. Who needs this crap in their life?

Welcome to AzBilliards Discussion Forum!

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

She posted in the jackpot thread. Keith may not
have known but for them not do discuss it at
all seems unlikely.
I don't doubt the review is completely honest.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She posted in the jackpot thread. Keith may not
have known but for them not do discuss it at
all seems unlikely.
I don't doubt the review is completely honest.

What a joke you are! We now have mind-readers on the forum.

Yeah, I posted in the Jackpot thread, and so what? I had no dog in that fight.

I'm posting in this thread now, and I now have a dog in the fight.

My take, I'v already gone in on Dean about his sells technique about the Jackpots, so did a chunk of the forums, some people defended him, let's move it on, I mean if it ain't even Dean's personal thread no reason to turn it into a full-on Dean bashing thread.

If a respected member wants to share their view on a cue they should be able to, be it Jam or HawaiianEye, even a Jackpot.
Me and Jim argued about Dean, but never about the playability of the cue, how can I say Jim's cue is no good or not worth more than a factory schmekle if I never hit with it, might be worth more to me than 600.00.

Heck I think for the most part almost everyone said they didn't play like a normal schmekle, and who am I or anyone to tell someone if a cue hits good or not, I can comment on Deans sales techniques though, and I have beat that horse to a pulp.

I once played with this cue from the Philippines that retailed for around $75. That cue hit amazing, in my opinion. I was running out with it from everywhere, on my 1st shots with it, lol. The cue just felt and hit amazing to me.

My point is, that no matter how good a cue hits, the person is usually not going to want to pay more then the cue is worth. Unless the cue is unique in some way, and the buyer knows that there may not be any other cue out there that hits that good.

Some buyers might pay more then a cue is worth for something they really love, but I just can't imagine it happening too often, if they know that they will never be able to get their money back out of that cue in the future.

Would be very hard to sell a $200 to $300 (retail value) custom / production cue for $500 to $600 without the deception that was given though. I guess that is the only way to make a profit off of a custom Schmelke cue though, is to tell your buyers that it was made by someone else. In this case, Jack Potter, who was partners with the cue maker who made Libra custom cues. So, people may have thought they were buying a Libra.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a joke you are! We now have mind-readers on the forum.

Yeah, I posted in the Jackpot thread, and so what? I had no dog in that fight.

I'm posting in this thread now, and I now have a dog in the fight.

A joke?
Mind reader?

You posted in the thread so you took at least some of what unfolded.
You posted about a review on the jackpot and got Keith's
take on the cue. So I assume that you talked about
the sales techniques that transpired.( maybe incorrectly)

Not trying to be a butthead just interested on why,
after the way Dean went about selling the cues,
are you supporting this?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
People who are upset about what Deanoc did are not going to do that though.

He sold cues, and gave his customers the impression that Jack Potter personally custom made those cues, but in reality, those cues were made by Schmelke.

He did it for a very good cause, to help out a friend in need, but that does not make it right, about what he did.

Keith McCready received a very nice gift, of a nice custom cue, and I believe that he may not know the true story behind these cues.

You may not have known the story either, if you were not on AZB at the time when all that mess was going on, about the facts coming out about Schmelke being the builder of the Jackpot cues.

I have read that most of the buyers, except for maybe 1, were happy with their purchase, so I guess that is all that matters (that the buyer is happy).

I can understand why people would be angry though, to learn about a long time, and very well known and trusted AZB member, deceiving other members though. It is not something that anyone will soon forget about, and I can't imagine that reading a good review about Keith McCready being very happy about the quality and playability of his new Jackpot cues is going to change anyone's poor opinion about what happened, with Deanoc deceiving his buyers.

I am sure it is a good quality cue though. The Jackpot just has a tainted image now, in my opinion.

That wasn't why. It may have turned out that way after the fact, but it was not the motivation.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A joke?
Mind reader?

You posted in the thread so you took at least some of what unfolded.
You posted about a review on the jackpot and got Keith's
take on the cue. So I assume that you talked about
the sales techniques that transpired.( maybe incorrectly)

Not trying to be a butthead just interested on why,
after the way Dean went about selling the cues,
are you supporting this?

You accused me of not being honest. I resent that. How dare you!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
He needs to get a haircut first. He's sporting the COVID-19 hairdo right now.

Just thought I'd share the news. :)

Jenny, I bought a Norelco-Phillips adjustable electric hair trimmer. They are clippers and are pretty easy to use. You tube videos are easy to follow. I've been doing my own for months now and like it better than the hair stylist.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jennie, Keith, and Dean

We have to keep separate Jennie, Keith, and Dean. Jennie is straight as a string although she will stick up for friends who may not always deserve her efforts. Keith has been semi-retired forever and I don't remember him being in too much skulduggery even in his younger days, more traveling gunfighter than hustler. Dean I like, but I have to admit he is an old rogue. I could sit and talk with him for hours I am sure, doubt I ever make a long distance deal with him!

I'll be interested in hearing Keith's evaluation but once he reworks the shaft it isn't a typical Jackpot cue. Jennie, may be too late but could you take pictures of the before and after of Keith's mod's? I think that would be of great interest to the forum! We should be able to copy it and all shoot as good as Keith!

I have Shane's shaft on hand at the local dealer now, the one he helped design. I could swap shafts depending on if I need to shoot like Shane or Keith! :thumbup:

Hu

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have to keep separate Jennie, Keith, and Dean. Jennie is straight as a string although she will stick up for friends who may not always deserve her efforts. Keith has been semi-retired forever and I don't remember him being in too much skulduggery even in his younger days, more traveling gunfighter than hustler. Dean I like, but I have to admit he is an old rogue. I could sit and talk with him for hours I am sure, doubt I ever make a long distance deal with him!

I'll be interested in hearing Keith's evaluation but once he reworks the shaft it isn't a typical Jackpot cue. Jennie, may be too late but could you take pictures of the before and after of Keith's mod's? I think that would be of great interest to the forum! We should be able to copy it and all shoot as good as Keith!

I have Shane's shaft on hand at the local dealer now, the one he helped design. I could swap shafts depending on if I need to shoot like Shane or Keith! :thumbup:

Hu

I wonder how many used cues in the For Sale Forum have had some sanding on their shafts.

Some of those Southwests and Balabushkas may not be "typical", either.

If you want a pro's shaft that is still in the original condition with the same tip on it, I have the cue that CJ Wiley used to win the Million Dollar Challenge tournament in 1996. It probably still has a bit of chalk imbedded in the tip from the final game.

Maybe you will be able to shoot like Keith, CJ, and SVB.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hu

For better or worse, you are judged by the company you keep.

This thread is a raging dumpster fire.

There is only one person who can set the record straight. Jack Potter. Everything, and I mean everything else is just gasoline on an open blaze.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Keith McCready received a Jackpot Cue yesterday, and what a surprise! I did not tell him it was coming, so he was really happy to receive this cue.

He couldn't wait to open the Postal Priority package to see what was inside, and as soon as he did, he screwed the shaft with the butt and started stroking it. ["Screw," "shaft," "butt," and "stroking." I'm glad y'all know what I'm talking about because these words are unusual for mainstream America.] :eek:

Keith said the cue feels great in his hands, and he really likes the smooth shafts. When he said this about the smooth shafts, I said, "Keith, come on, man. All shafts are smooth." And he said, "No, they're not. Absolutely, not all shafts are smooth." I didn't know that.

He also mentioned he liked the shape of the shaft, the width, but best of all for him, he said the forward balance is perfect. He can't wait to get out there and hit some balls.

I can tell you this about a pool player, a pool player who's really a full-time pool player, and what he knows and does best is play pool their entire life. It really doesn't matter where the pool cue came from or who made it or what kind of maple is being used. It's all about the hit, the infamous hit, and how the cue plays.

I'll be reporting back in this thread after Keith goes out and hits some balls with the Jackpot Cue along with photos. He needs to get a haircut first. He's sporting the COVID-19 hairdo right now.

Just thought I'd share the news. :)

my wife gave me a little trim last night, will suffice until i can get out and hook up with a pro

i've not read the thread, has K had a chance to test drive the cue, if so, what's his opinion of it?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Jenny, I bought a Norelco-Phillips adjustable electric hair trimmer. They are clippers and are pretty easy to use. You tube videos are easy to follow. I've been doing my own for months now and like it better than the hair stylist.

jenny should get a visual on just how nice a job your Norelco did.

Here's Chris all fixed up like 'I don't need no stinkin' hair salon!'

Attachments

• badhair.jpg
    badhair.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 461