Who is Jack Hines?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have expected him to be older
25072541.jpg

He is now. Mugshot is from 2001. I wonder if he was as stoned as he looked in the picture.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I last saw Jack 3 years ago he looked rough for where offer then.
He actually looks good in that mug shot other than his eyes!;)

KellySnead

Kelly Isaac
And he was driving? Why didn't he just fly? I wonder how many unsolved hit and runs there are in that area.

Because we were road tripping it at the time. We had just came back into Toledo that night. It was new years eve and he wanted to get some "stuff" off the streets. When we went to get pulled over he fled the scene. Of course we were surrounded in about 4 blocks. He got arrested, my car got impounded. He was out after the weekend.

James Sarenich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just found this

United-States-Womens-Team-Champions-1988.jpgThis was one of my fondest threads. I was looking through some Wisconsin Billiards Hall of Fame pictures and came upon this picture.

It brought back some memories seeing Jack's name.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because we were road tripping it at the time. We had just came back into Toledo that night. It was new years eve and he wanted to get some "stuff" off the streets. When we went to get pulled over he fled the scene. Of course we were surrounded in about 4 blocks. He got arrested, my car got impounded. He was out after the weekend.

See, he does have some sense of societal obligation.

What was it, recycling? Picking up cigarette butts? Tires?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jack Hines threads are like Lucas Jackson cutting the heads off parking meters.
"Well it was something to do".

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Jack Hines threads are like Lucas Jackson cutting the heads off parking meters.
"Well it was something to do".

Get yourself a sweet Madonna,
Dressed in rhinestones sitting on a
Pedestal of abalone shell.
Goin' ninety, I ain't scary
'Cause I got the Virgin Mary,
Assuring me that I won't go to hell.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Jack Hynes

Had a very famous poolplayer PM me Jacks phone number about three weeks ago, I called the number and to my surprise Jack answered the phone! We talked about an hour about old times, Jack crack several jokes and we had several laughs, Jack said he had been back playing some pool for about 7 months and winning a few tournaments but then the Covid-19 hit and put a damper on that, Jack said he had been working with a cue maker some and got a playing cue and break stick out of the deal, so at least he's not dead or in jail , we said our goodbyes and promised to stay in touch.

Wish all the best to my friend Jack Hynes!

David Harcrow

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Had a very famous poolplayer PM me Jacks phone number about three weeks ago, I called the number and to my surprise Jack answered the phone! We talked about an hour about old times, Jack crack several jokes and we had several laughs, Jack said he had been back playing some pool for about 7 months and winning a few tournaments but then the Covid-19 hit and put a damper on that, Jack said he had been working with a cue maker some and got a playing cue and break stick out of the deal, so at least he's not dead or in jail , we said our goodbyes and promised to stay in touch.

David Harcrow

That's great news - hope to see him play sometime.

This is well worth watching, the elusive Jack Hines versus Earl the Pearl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kYEK7MNYZE&t=2103s

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great!

David Harcrow

David,

Glad to hear you are alive and kicking, Jack too!

Just hanging around down here waiting for times to get better. Pool halls they let open had the doors slammed closed again.

Hu

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member

David Harcrow

I've heard many a story involving you, Calvin and Jack.
They never get old :thumbup:.
Be well my friend.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Paul Wigands place, KS.

Evelyn and Danny have crossed paths with em a bit in their lifetime.