Need Help - Someone who uses Paypal alot

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are mad today!

The op should be 100% happy to have that troublemaker out of his life asap...
But I agree- refund is not fee inclusive.

Eating the fee is BS to me .
The dude tried to defraud him off his cue.
The good ole let me have a refund and I hope you already sent the cue and you will never see your cue again.

A very prominent traveling cue repairman tried almost the same kind of move on me years ago. He agrees to buy 500 ferrules for me at yay amount. A lot more than $1 a ferrule .
He says check is on the way . I had the ferrules in the package and was just waiting for the check.
Check comes, and lo and behold. The check amount is $500. Oh jeesh, that is way short . He then tells me he's cancelling the check and sending another one. Well, I was not dumb enough to send him the package. A week or two later, still no check.
He claims he already sent the check. Yeah, sure . After another week or two , I call him. Where's the check? He says then wait till he gets back from the road. A week or two later he cancels the deal because he says he did not make money on the road.
Yeah , sure .
The whole thing smelled like the Travelers knocking on my door and offering to repave my driveway.
Or some dude offering to fix the dent on my car.

Some people are shameless. Hell, let's make that A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE SHAMELESS.

That includes this dude who tried to snag that cue .
He doesn't deserve a dollar of the OP's money.
He can have the refund minus the PP fees, if any.
And he can wait .

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess after he messaged for 3hrs that night and sent payment we thought it was a done deal. I say anything about refunding. I have never had a Man back out on a deal after payment. I waited until the next day and as soon as I transfer the money then he says a Wife demands refund. I only got $776.50 , it transferred to my bank card. I did not know you could not transfer back , I don’t understand why it is only 1 way and also when I try to link my bank to it gives me a error message. If I could get someone from a PayPal to help it may be simple to fix. But for 2 Days I have battled this and gained zero ground. What bothers me is that he backed out , he welched on the deal after we agreed and after he messaged us for 3 hrs. He should be satisfied he is getting $750 back and he needs to do the leg work on PayPal to recover fees for $50. Not my problem. He should have not backed out. Had he said something that night then it would have not been a problem. But the next day and here we are. I am in the middle of it. I cannot get PayPal to call me back. Why should I have to pay fees because he backed out I was keeping my end. I talked with a rep that 1st day who told me it takes 3 days for the money to deposit. The rep also told me if Ai had already mailed it and had a valid tracking number they would rule in my favor anyway and close any dispute. I keep messaging them so they know what is going on. He told me if I had sent it he would simply refuse the package. At this point I am sick of it. This is pathetic.

What is the username of the buyer on this website?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eating the fee is BS to me .
The dude tried to defraud him off his cue.
The good ole let me have a refund and I hope you already sent the cue and you will never see your cue again.

A very prominent traveling cue repairman tried almost the same kind of move on me years ago. He agrees to buy 500 ferrules for me at yay amount. A lot more than $1 a ferrule .
He says check is on the way . I had the ferrules in the package and was just waiting for the check.
Check comes, and lo and behold. The check amount is $500. Oh jeesh, that is way short . He then tells me he's cancelling the check and sending another one. Well, I was not dumb enough to send him the package. A week or two later, still no check.
He claims he already sent the check. Yeah, sure . After another week or two , I call him. Where's the check? He says then wait till he gets back from the road. A week or two later he cancels the deal because he says he did not make money on the road.
Yeah , sure .
The whole thing smelled like the Travelers knocking on my door and offering to repave my driveway.
Or some dude offering to fix the dent on my car.

Some people are shameless. Hell, let's make that A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE SHAMELESS.

That includes this dude who tried to snag that cue .
He doesn't deserve a dollar of the OP's money.
He can have the refund minus the PP fees, if any.
And he can wait .

Eating $22.50 (or whatever the amount is) for not having to deal with this anymore is very much worth it in my book. Afterall, the OP did refund the money incorrectly so this partially his fault.

What is the username of the buyer on this website?

Agreed, I get tired of people calling people out but not really calling them out. Say the name or don't post the thread.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You only owe the $776.50 that you received. The $23.50 is the price he pays for marrying Karen.

You should post the username so others know to beware.

I would agree- this guy owes you a lot for putting you through all of this! His wife found out?? Now he wants to cancel a transaction- he threatens to refuse a package? I would say sorry pal - be a man- you bought it- you OWN it! Accept it- resell it if you want- but in my mind- NOT the sellers problem with that kind of excuse.

You are too nice a guy in my opinion- business is business- now You see the price of being a NICE guy in the business world - the buyer is a jerk- he should be treated as such and Not as a valued customer.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I answered questions for him for 3 hrs about Adam and how the Balabushka cue line came about and so fourth You know it makes me Wonder if he was trying to pull a Hank Snow. He ask for a refund the next day after he thought It would have already been shipped out. Maybe he thought I would refund and he would keep the cue. I would post his name but are not 100 percent positive it is him but when it was posted here for sale a guy was asking questions around the same time we were talking and if you go to that thread you will see. I sent him a pm asking if it was him and no reply back. But I am pretty certain it is the one and the same. If I find for sure then I will. This has been a horrible deal. Yes Mike fir 3 days I have had to deal with this. I have Been sick and don’t need the stress for sure. Black Ball you are right and I will look into a certified check or money order and make sure he signed for it. I feel like he should eat the fees because he backed out not me. I never mentioned anything about a refund in the ad or dated anything about a refund. I am Honest and want to do what is right but he is over complicating the situation. I tried to issue a refund the 1st time but it would not let me transfer the money back , so sending him a payment was the only way to do it. I still cannot get any help from PayPal. Thanks for all the help. We will see and I will let you all know the outcome.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are right for not naming.

In the future, make it clear you will/ won't take returns unless item misrepresented and any fees associated with the return will be the buyer's sole responsibility.

Get this trouble out of your life, even if it does cost you 22.xx...though I 100% agree he should pay the dumbass tax for punishment of his dumbass.

Get his commitment on how this can be resolved and get it off your plate.

I have a feeling PayPal can make it all as though it never happened. But only they can do that...I believe when you sign up you give them the right to take action on any money that goes through them, should they determine it is appropriate to do so.
With you and flip-flop agreeing on the reversal, should be doable by PayPal.

I wouldn't play this card right away, but you can always say that you have serious concerns the guy is trying to pull a move on you and you are only comfortable everyone's needs are best bet by a reversal.

Now, if PayPal says you have to follow through with the sale, mail the cue- insured+ signature required- and take pictures of all of it before and after packing. Shit, I'd probably print a copy of PayPal's direction for you to mail it and see it (the email date) appears in pic with cue.

I answered questions for him for 3 hrs about Adam and how the Balabushka cue line came about and so fourth You know it makes me Wonder if he was trying to pull a Hank Snow. He ask for a refund the next day after he thought It would have already been shipped out. Maybe he thought I would refund and he would keep the cue. I would post his name but are not 100 percent positive it is him but when it was posted here for sale a guy was asking questions around the same time we were talking and if you go to that thread you will see. I sent him a pm asking if it was him and no reply back. But I am pretty certain it is the one and the same. If I find for sure then I will. This has been a horrible deal. Yes Mike fir 3 days I have had to deal with this. I have Been sick and don’t need the stress for sure. Black Ball you are right and I will look into a certified check or money order and make sure he signed for it. I feel like he should eat the fees because he backed out not me. I never mentioned anything about a refund in the ad or dated anything about a refund. I am Honest and want to do what is right but he is over complicating the situation. I tried to issue a refund the 1st time but it would not let me transfer the money back , so sending him a payment was the only way to do it. I still cannot get any help from PayPal. Thanks for all the help. We will see and I will let you all know the outcome.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess after he messaged for 3hrs that night and sent payment we thought it was a done deal. I say anything about refunding. I have never had a Man back out on a deal after payment. I waited until the next day and as soon as I transfer the money then he says a Wife demands refund. I only got $776.50 , it transferred to my bank card. I did not know you could not transfer back , I don’t understand why it is only 1 way and also when I try to link my bank to it gives me a error message. If I could get someone from a PayPal to help it may be simple to fix. But for 2 Days I have battled this and gained zero ground. What bothers me is that he backed out , he welched on the deal after we agreed and after he messaged us for 3 hrs. He should be satisfied he is getting $750 back and he needs to do the leg work on PayPal to recover fees for $50. Not my problem. He should have not backed out. Had he said something that night then it would have not been a problem. But the next day and here we are. I am in the middle of it. I cannot get PayPal to call me back. Why should I have to pay fees because he backed out I was keeping my end. I talked with a rep that 1st day who told me it takes 3 days for the money to deposit. The rep also told me if Ai had already mailed it and had a valid tracking number they would rule in my favor anyway and close any dispute. I keep messaging them so they know what is going on. He told me if I had sent it he would simply refuse the package. At this point I am sick of it. This is pathetic.

Reminds me of somebody once trying to buy my Adam Balabushka.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would agree- this guy owes you a lot for putting you through all of this! His wife found out?? Now he wants to cancel a transaction- he threatens to refuse a package? I would say sorry pal - be a man- you bought it- you OWN it! Accept it- resell it if you want- but in my mind- NOT the sellers problem with that kind of excuse.

You are too nice a guy in my opinion- business is business- now You see the price of being a NICE guy in the business world - the buyer is a jerk- he should be treated as such and Not as a valued customer.

Could save someone else from a problem. Sounds like bad action for sure.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
There's got to be a scam in there somewhere. :(

I'm with you. Something fishy about all this. I would be careful not to be dunned twice! Strange stuff like this has happened on Paypal before.

I sold a car on fleabay years ago, and the guy Paypal'ed me a $500 deposit. He flew in a few days later (a very big guy who was pretty imposing to have in my home, when I was alone with him. But of course I take the necessary precautions when I see him get out of the taxi :groucho:. I don't know this guy from Adam and here he comes up my driveway looking like The Hulk). Anyway he pays me the balance of $3,500 in cash and drives away with the car (a classic Volvo).

SIX MONTHS later he makes a claim against me on Paypal for the 500, saying he never received the goods he paid for. The money is immediately taken out of my Paypal account while a review is being made (30 days!). I'm given a chance to prove that I did nothing wrong. In other words I'm the guilty party until I can offer some kind of proof that he got what he paid for. Fortunately I was able to go back and find our e-mail communications that exonerated me. If I hadn't saved them I would have lost the 500. I damn sure wasn't going to Utah to confront this clown. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would tell him the same thing you did , take the 750 and ask Pay pal for the fees back or pay them since he was the one who decided to change his mind after the deal was done. I'm about 90% thats the way paypal will see it also.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I didn't even know you could have a paypal account without it being tied into your bank account/credit card.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Not sure how that part of Friends and Family works, but is that a good idea with someone who has cause the OP so many problems already?

1.Go to cashapp.com and sign up for a free account, or just download the app and link your debit and checking account to it, then transfer the funds to the cash app account. Transfer the 800.00 from your checking account to your Cashapp account.

2. Go to PayPal and link the new Cashapp account to your PayPal account as your preferred method of payment.

3. Add the 800 to your PayPal balance and the send it to him Friends and Family so no charges come off the cash sent.

It seems like a lot, but it's not really, or just ask your son he most likely already has a Cashapp account, or Venmo.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for the OP. Why won't you post the username of the person who pulled this crap? If you were in a pool hall would you warn people about someone who is bad action or would you let them find out the hard way?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for the OP. Why won't you post the username of the person who pulled this crap? If you were in a pool hall would you warn people about someone who is bad action or would you let them find out the hard way?

What if the guys story is true and it is the only time this will happen. Maybe the wife's dog needs to go to the vet or the car needs tires?

It isn't worth the time to consider that or the opposite; that it was a scam.

Get that bonehead out of his life, that's what the seller needs to do.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i would do what you have to to send him $800 via paypal as a refund
you are right he should eat the fees
but the peace of mind to get it over with should be worth any expense to you and lesson learned.
i would not give him access to any bank accounts or bank transfers

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

The info is likely still available since a purchaser was asking about the authenticity of the cue, a Willie Mosconi Balabushka Tribute, right here not long ago.

If I had to guess, possible he found a better deal somewhere else. I've seen these cues being liquidated elsewhere.

Last edited:

lawlist

Registered
I do not have time to read the whole thread, sorry. But in response to the initial question of what to do, consider the following course of action: Send a well-thought out letter to the buyer explaining the costs incurred to date, monies received, monies refunded .... Explain that you are not amenable to being out-of-pocket any money due to buyer's remorse.... Wait for a formal dispute to be filed by the buyer through PayPal and then fight the dispute. If you get sued in Small Claims court, post a new thread on that issue.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I do not have time to read the whole thread, sorry. But in response to the initial question of what to do, consider the following course of action: Send a well-thought out letter to the buyer explaining the costs incurred to date, monies received, monies refunded .... Explain that you are not amenable to being out-of-pocket any money due to buyer's remorse.... Wait for a formal dispute to be filed by the buyer through PayPal and then fight the dispute. If you get sued in Small Claims court, post a new thread on that issue.

Do you think for $50, it's worth that? I don't. $50 is a cheap lesson in how not to handle paypal funds. For $50 you want this out of your face ASAP. Life is short and best lived in happiness.

I believe you are correct about buyer's remorse, since there are new old-stock versions of this cue around at considerably less than $800. I've been reluctant to say that until now because I didn't want to knock the sale, not my position, but the sale has been knocked.

Last edited:

lawlist

Registered
Do you think for $50, it's worth that? I don't. $50 is a cheap lesson in how not to handle paypal funds. For $50 you want this out of your face ASAP. Life is short and best lived in happiness.

@PoolFan101 has indicated he/she invested 3 hours via a messenger application to make the $800.00 sale, and he/she cared enough to post a thread in this forum over the issue. As such, the O.P. is reluctant to incur a loss of $50.00 on a deal where he/she had hoped to make some money. The odds of a Small Claims suit are probably pretty low, especially if the parties live in different areas -- e.g., the cost of a process server alone can exceed the dollar amount at issue, and there would be a court filing fee also to start the ball rolling. If the O.P. has free time and wants to engage in the PayPal dispute process, then I do not see a downside (other than wasted time, acid build-up in the stomach, loss of sleep, etc.) It just depends on whether the O.P. wants to try and save the $50.00, either for the money, or for the principle of the matter, or both. At this point, the O.P. can just sit back and wait to be contacted by PayPal over the issue.

Last edited: