John Schmidt's 626

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No one can chase anyone off here.

You come here, present your thoughts, they stand or fall on their strength or weakness, and you become a member of the community if you can stand the heat. The problem is that many pros expect to come here and get showered with baby kisses. And when people have differing and sometimes critical opinions the pro takes umbrage and their ball and goes home. Then snow flakes start wailing, gnashing their teeth, rending their garments moaning about how another precious pro has been "run off" AZ.

As I recall, about the time he stopped posting, some accounts began to emerge here about the personal interactions folks had with him and it began to look like, just maybe, he wasn't America's Sweetheart after all.

In any case, I thought he should have hung around. He could have contributed a lot and did know how to occasionally turn a humorous phrase.

Lou Figueroa
Really, you don’t think someone can be chased off of here, that’s hilarious, thanks for making me laugh, or LOL as we say nowadays.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
So who here is up to beating his record by a few balls and releasing live footage? Don't believe the record? Beat it and make him shut up about it.

*boogieman backs away slowly after stirring the pot

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So who here is up to beating his record by a few balls and releasing live footage? Don't believe the record? Beat it and make him shut up about it.

Agreed, and that is the essence of what I encouragingly outlined for a very highly skilled & respect-worthy 14.1 champion in post 664 on page 45

Arnaldo

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Don't flatter yourself, you've only parroted what has been stated about 20x already.

But here is the thing: any 14.1 devotee has attempted to run a huge# and has yet to get there.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
...blah blah blah....and if I did would the high runs be official?

98 percenter here...

Yes, I suppose they would be. So, when is this event happening?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...any 14.1 devotee has attempted to run a huge# and has yet to get there.
Or even close. But they have the next best thing: a public forum on which they can try to trash anybody else's success - apparently without realizing the damage they're doing to their own images in the process.

pj
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or even close. But they have the next best thing: a public forum on which they can try to trash anybody else's success - apparently without realizing the damage they're doing to their own images in the process.

pj
chgo

Exactly how tall a step-ladder do you need to get off that horse?

Lou Figueroa

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the first couple of 200+ runs on Diamond tables (4 1/2 " pockets) at DCC Straight Pool challenges, I seem to remember someone commenting that 200 on a Diamond is roughly equivalent to running 300 or more on a Gold Crown with 5" pockets."

Does that ratio sound about right? I'm thinking it's hard to accurately quantify or even estimate something like that.

Arnaldo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
After the first couple of 200+ runs on Diamond tables (4 1/2 " pockets) at DCC Straight Pool challenges, I seem to remember someone commenting that 200 on a Diamond is roughly equivalent to running 300 or more on a Gold Crown with 5" pockets."

Does that ratio sound about right? I'm thinking it's hard to accurately quantify or even estimate something like that.

Arnaldo
If you had a lot of data, like as much data as was gathered during all of JS's attempts, you could figure it out. The main data items based on stuff I've mentioned before are: % of break shots missed, % of second shots (just after the break) missed, and % of all other shots missed. You do need a lot of data, though, like 100 or more misses in each of the first two categories.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Exactly how tall a step-ladder do you need to get off that horse? ...
Pat, evidently your horse is not high enough to let Lou see what you're saying. You may want to transition to a high elephant. Looks more comfortable, perhaps even with in-door plumbing. :thumbup::thumbup: This discussion may take a while.

CropperCapture[165].jpg

Bob <-- In Switzerland they eat horses, don't they?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Careful about trying to see eye to eye.

Attachments

• received_2107411196170774.jpeg
    received_2107411196170774.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 176

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
All these circus looking animals go perfectly with the circus table Schmidt used to run balls on.

Really? I bet that the table JS broke the record on was closer to the specs of the table that Mosconi set his record on than it is to a Diamond table.

_______

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really? I bet that the table JS broke the record on was closer to the specs of the table that Mosconi set his record on than it is to a Diamond table.

_______

I’ll take that bet. How much you wanna bet? 5k? 10k? 50k?

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

pj
chgo

Agreed. Quite sad actually. Many pros don't want anything to do with the forum because of people who have been rude and inappropriate. Our loss really.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. Quite sad actually. Many pros don't want anything to do with the forum because of people who have been rude and inappropriate. Our loss really.

That argument always cracks me up.

Pool players, who are used to all kinds of woofing and sharking, come to AZ and suddenly turn into little delicate snowflakes, lol.

Lou Figueroa