What happened to Deanoc?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Offering a money back guarantee is nice but along with that why not be honest when describing what you're selling. And beyond that, why not market the cues you're selling without breaking *lots* of AZB rules?

There appears to be many sheep here in our virtual pool room. I don't run into nearly as many of these sheep types in real life pool halls.

Buying "Mystery Cues" sight unseen from Dean tells me you are one of those sheep, and an idiot. I could be wrong but I don't think so. You'll say what a great deal it turned out to be but I'm still of the mind that you are a sheep and an idiot.

Yes, I know, I have it wrong but it's my honest opinion.

best,
brian kc

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well you never tire of telling everyone how many cues you have, that's for sure.
The reason I stated the numbers of cues was to convey that the Jackpot plays really well and is not a crappy cue as some on here suggest.

If it was crappy and did not play well, I would put i in the closet and put one of my other cues in my bag.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Offering a money back guarantee is nice but along with that why not be honest when describing what you're selling. And beyond that, why not market the cues you're selling without breaking *lots* of AZB rules?

There appears to be many sheep here in our virtual pool room. I don't run into nearly as many of these sheep types in real life pool halls.

Buying "Mystery Cues" sight unseen from Dean tells me you are one of those sheep, and an idiot. I could be wrong but I don't think so. You'll say what a great deal it turned out to be but I'm still of the mind that you are a sheep and an idiot.

Yes, I know, I have it wrong but it's my honest opinion.

best,
brian kc
I don't know who you are referring to, but I got my cue off RandyInHawaii after playing with it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Make things right to who?

People who did not buy one?

He offered money back to anybody who actually bought one.

I have two of them and seven shafts.

I am not complaining.

Well people are sometimes weird about things. Dean use to sell many thing with zero beefs.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Dean got a raw deal here, just like Bill Stroud did. Yeah, they both screwed up one deal. But who here has not? Dean although quirky with his sales pitches had years and years of good high end sales, plus a lot of good stories he shared in that time.

I screwed up a lot of times in my life. Let the man be.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I think Dean got a raw deal here, just like Bill Stroud did. Yeah, they both screwed up one deal. But who here has not? Dean although quirky with his sales pitches had years and years of good high end sales, plus a lot of good stories he shared in that time.

Ehh, going back in and lying over and over about new and different things, and posting a thread called "I do not apologize" really put the icing on the cupcake for him

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know who you are referring to, but I got my cue off RandyInHawaii after playing with it.
Ok, so you bought a cue 3rd party...liked it...purchased a second one, good for you. You like how a cue plays....fantastic. There is still a question you have flat out dodged for the better part of a year now, that I will bring up every single time you show up on one of these threads.

Do you condone Dean's fraudulent behavior?

This isn't a "mistake", this isn't an "oops", and this isn't a "one time" situation. This is blatant fraud, and abuse of the good will shown from many of the members within these forums.

I will sit back and wait for you to babble about "me never buying one", or "I can't play", or "how much money you have"...but money can't buy integrity, something you seem to lack.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

Dean screwed up one deal, but it was a very public deal.
It was not confined to the For Sale forum. This was brought into everyone's view by posting in the Main forum on multiple occasions and unsolicited PMs to several members.
Dean created his audience. Unfortunnately for him, it is the same audience that watched it go south in such shameful fashion.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason I stated the numbers of cues was to convey that the Jackpot plays really well and is not a crappy cue as some on here suggest.

How the cue plays doesn't matter, no matter how many times you bring it up.

The problem is Dean was selling the same cue for $600 that anyone could have called up Schmelke and got for $200.

Would you pay $600 for a cue, knowing you could get that exact same cue from Schmelke for $200 ?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

Neither of those two got a raw deal. They messed up and refused to apologize. I dont' think either even thought they did anything wrong or if they did, they didn't care. Did you ever misrepresent cues on purpose, and break all the forum rules while trying to sell? No? If you did, would you feel bad?

Bill Stroud didn't "get a raw deal". He continued to post here with complete impunity. People were raging, he read the thread, yet never responded in any way. Posting in other threads like nothing had happened. All that time, he never got banned and was fiercly defended by quite a few people. How is that getting a raw deal?

I don't think Dean got banned either, though I'm not completely sure about that. If he was, I'm sure he's completely free to come back to post here by now. If he admits to doing wrong, I'm sure most people will let it go. If he doesn't want to, then more people will stay pissed at him, though I'm sure he'll get defended by just as many. It's his choice not to post here. There are people who have been permanently banned here for having "incorrect opinions". Dean got some flack for screwing people over and HE got a raw deal?! I'm sorry, I don't agree.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well that’s the rub. Neither thought they did anything wrong. And dean saying that has to mean something. I’d rather someone say they did nothing wrong and mean it, rather than all the fake apologies we hear today only because it’s the politically correct thing to say.
This has been hashed out for a year, no need to do a lot more hashing now.
Yes I agree what dean did was a bit shady, but in the grand scheme of things in the pool world it’s not that bad.
And one could argue it’s not that different than any company using a contract manufacturer. Again I don’t mean to rehash, all this has been said before.

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Dean screwed up one deal, but it was a very public deal.
It was not confined to the For Sale forum. This was brought into everyone's view by posting in the Main forum on multiple occasions and unsolicited PMs to several members.
Dean created his audience. Unfortunnately for him, it is the same audience that watched it go south in such shameful fashion.

you're right, dean got caught screwing up one deal but I have to think that it's not the only one. it`s unlikely that he's been selling mystery cues for all these years and was only dishonest about it this one time. i remember when he had those other mystery cues for like 300 bucks, i bought one and thought it played terribly. meanwhile in his ads he says everyone who has bought one loves it.

his regular cue deals are ok since you know the type of cue he's selling even if he usually doesn't have pictures in the threads. but this mystery cue stuff is always a risk. i suppose the buyer is partially responsible since at the end of the day you're agreeing to buy a mystery cue so you kinda just get what you get but he did misrepresent them so more of the blame lies on his end.

the helping someone who's sick excuse is stupid as well since it`s most likely a lie. even if it weren't, you dont get to just do whatever you want a rip people off because someone you know is sick. if he wanted to resell a 200 schmelke for 600, he`s welcomed to try, but not by misrepresenting the cue the way he did.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
well that’s the rub. Neither thought they did anything wrong. And dean saying that has to mean something. I’d rather someone say they did nothing wrong and mean it, rather than all the fake apologies we hear today only because it’s the politically correct thing to say.
Yes I agree what dean did was a bit shady, but in the grand scheme of things in the pool world it’s not that bad.
And one could argue it’s not that different than any company using a contract manufacturer. Again I don’t mean to rehash, all this has been said before.
Yes it does. It means he has absolutely no conscience or scrouples when it comes to dealing with cues.

Again, nobody is stopping him from posting. Nobody can force him to apologize, either, nor is that what anybody wants. I think a lot of people would think it was good if he realized what he did wasn't cool, so as to make it less likely to happen in the future. Personally, I'm much more concerned about making 15 threads in the main forum advertising his cues. It's lame, it's spam and it's annoying as hell. I don't go to the for sale forum much anymore, so if those guys are cool with his shenanigans I certainly don't care what he does there.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
No bits or buts needed, what Dean did was shady!

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
. . . There appears to be many sheep here in our virtual pool room. I don't run into nearly as many of these sheep types in real life pool halls . . .
The Kickin' Chicken is correct on both counts. This here is a pretend pool hall. Were this room real, the discussion would not be how shady Dean was, but, rather, how quickly his knees caught the floor after that first dude . . . In real pool, there is a lot of chicanery, too much in fact, but, if caught, an additional price is often extracted -- a truth tax, if you will.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Kickin' Chicken is correct on both counts. This here is a pretend pool hall. Were this room real, the discussion would not be how shady Dean was, but, rather, how quickly his knees caught the floor after that first dude . . . In real pool, there is a lot of chicanery, too much in fact, but, if caught, an additional price is often extracted -- a truth tax, if you will.

This isn't true at all in my experience. I've seen people dump, people stiff, people knock action, etc. They still get plenty of action, and have plenty of friends.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If anything, I've seen people way nicer in person at the pool room then they are in this "virtual" pool hall here.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
This isn't true at all in my experience. I've seen people dump, people stiff, people knock action, etc. They still get plenty of action, and have plenty of friends.
Not around here. Marginal folks continue to exist but only around the edges and then only in association with their own kind.