WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 June2021) Champion $50K

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"they" are predator, providing both the tables and the balls. i'm not a fan of all their products, but they are putting money into the sport when few others do, so kudos to them. the tables on the WPM some week ago was much tighter
The are using Aramith Tournament Black balls, not Predator.

[at least on Table 1]

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Now it's...Go Skyler!

Guess I'll now join the chorus...Shane...no world championship. :cry:

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
As usual, Jay, you are correct. Matchroom set the tables up too easy for a World Championship, and it has helped the chances of some of the less elite. How obvious is this? Check it out:

World Pool Masters (tight pockets)
The final four (Fargo in parentheses) were Kazakis (802) SVB (828) Filler (827) Kaci (815), with an average Fargo of 818. Now that's elite and the cream rose to the top.

World Championship (pockets loosened by 1/4")
Only two of the last eight have Fargo rates that put them among the best 35 players in the world and nobody is above 811.

Matchroom got burned a little with the equipment change.
Was world pool masters 4" pockets?

Attachments

• 1623259356611.png
    1623259356611.png
    375.6 KB · Views: 66

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Europeans, Filipinos, Taiwanese usually split up roughly equally about 70% to 90% of quarterfinalists or last 16 in international majors (W9B, USO,IO,CO,W10B,AJ). In terms of major titles won in last 5 years, Filipinos do not fare as well-most notable win is Biado winning this event in 2017. The most successful since 2016 are the Europeans who won almost half of the majors followed by the Taiwanese (excluding Wu) :)

View attachment 598165
Thanks for that. I was not comparing Filipino pool to Taiwanese pool. I was just taking note of the fact that the conditions this year in the last 16 might have favored the Filipinos, who are so good at beating you to the shot.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow, Alcaide's masse position shot against Lechner was quite remarkable. David playin g beautifully so far, and has a well deserved 3-0 lead.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who are these dumb dumbs that dont know Earl won the WPC in Cardiff a Matchroom event THIS century, well after Archer won in the USA under fly-by-night productions?

Last edited: