Griff's in Las Vegas

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Just saw a commercial that Bar Rescue will be airing an episode of a famous pool room in Las Vegas.
All the employees in the commercial had hats that said Griff's. Is this "old" news, because it's the first I've heard of it.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First I heard of it. I just did a google search for "bar rescue griffs". It didn't show what we were looking for, but it did say the whole 2021 season will be focused on LV exclusively. Keep us posted, that will be a fun episode to watch.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Ahhhhh don't see it. Mark G doesn't run that type of joint. My bet would be Good Timez or Cue Club.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Bar Rescue is nothing a reality show, with some entertainment value.

John Taffer has security in wing off camera, as people have tried to knock him on loud mouth behind.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was there 2 weeks ago, I thought I heard an employee tell me that bar rescue was there. Had something to do with Griff's renting the store next door, knocking down the wall extending the bar to a full rectangle and putting tables in the new space. A sort of lounge.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Ahhhhh don't see it. Mark G doesn't run that type of joint. My bet would be Good Timez or Cue Club.
The employees were wear hats that said Griff's. So, not sure if GT or Cue Club is cool with employees were the competitions name to work ;)

Plus, what type of "joint" would that be? A business that was crushed by the pandemic and our coward leaders were putting business owners out of business but allowing others to stay open to survive. I'm guessing Griff's didn't sell paint so he had to close shop with no income coming in for months on end.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Just found the info on internet. The episode is a very famous and upscale pool hall in LV that was devastated by the pandemic lock down. Will air this Sunday on Paramount Network.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Maybe...but I think it's made for TV type stuff. Probably not representative of the reality. Place always looked good to me. Food was good and staff friendly. Mark is a great guy. Now anything can change...but I don't see it unless it's scripted drama.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my travels I found myself in a somewhat upscale cigar bar. I want to say in Memphis but I can't remember. Anyway, this bar rescue show had just been in there 3-4 months prior and it was still the talk at the bar. I've never seen the show but everyone there said the guy was a dick and his crew was even worse. Everyone regretted having that dbag come into their shop. Hopefully it works out better for the Vegas folks.

Last edited:

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Lookin' at the blurb on screen Showing at 3:00 pm (MT), the show is from the 2013 season. Titled
"Empty Pockets" description is; Jon helps the owner of a pool hall.

hank

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Lookin' at the blurb on screen Showing at 3:00 pm (MT), the show is from the 2013 season. Titled
"Empty Pockets" description is; Jon helps the owner of a pool hall.
I think that's a different one. That one was Zan-Z-Bar in Denver. Which I went to once. Stayed about 20 minutes.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
In my travels I found myself in a somewhat upscale cigar bar. I want to say in Memphis but I can't remember. Anyway, this bar rescue show had just been in there 3-4 months prior and it was still the talk at the bar. I've never seen the show but everyone there said the guy was a dick and his crew was even worse. Everyone regretted having that dbag come into their shop. Hopefully it works out better for the Vegas folks.

The place in Denver where they put lights under the tables was still a craphole with NO service after they fixed it.

It takes more to rescue some places than others, I'd guess.

Jeff Livingston

EDIT....sorry didn't see sixpack's post.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bar Rescue is nothing a reality show, with some entertainment value.

John Taffer has security in wing off camera, as people have tried to knock him on loud mouth behind.
Maybe it's happened and it's not been shown but sometimes he deserves a punch in his big mouth and to be shown the door.