Greatest Final Decider Rack - Niels Feijen

aBd

Frame Club Tournament was held in Istanbul between 6th and 8th of August 2021.

The field was 128 people, including world champions such as Niels Feijen and Ralf Souquet. The final Match went to hill - hill (8 all) between Niels Feijen and Osman Sanlisoy, the young gun from Northern Cyprus.

This was where the magic happened and in my opinion this is the best finals decider rack where it excels the infamous Efren Reyes - Earl Strickland match with the Z-Shot.

Enjoy!

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy;

Got as far as the 4 ball as ball to be shot. Then it went black. Reckon someone is monetizing it.

hank

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

The field was 128 people, including world champions such as Niels Feijen and Ralf Souquet. The final Match went to hill - hill (8 all) between Niels Feijen and Osman Sanlisoy, the young gun from Northern Cyprus.

This was where the magic happened and in my opinion this is the best finals decider rack where it excels the infamous Efren Reyes - Earl Strickland match with the Z-Shot.

Enjoy!

Only an 18 minute game of 9-Ball. If Earl had been Niels opponent he would have been climbing the walls and screaming! :p

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Niels could sink 8 balls on the break and have a 2 foot straight in shot on the 9 and it would still be a 15 minute rack.

That being said, that was some nice shooting in between his pacing around.

Reactions: aBd

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was painful to watch.
Too much wasted time thinking and posturing.
This is kind of slow boring pool that keeps ESPN away from it.
25 second shot clock is needed.
Usually, if you double click the right of the screen it jumps forward a little bit. I did a lot of fast forwarding, but it was a fine display.

Burt must be very proud. Dang dong, Daddy

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Niels could sink 8 balls on the break and have a 2 foot straight in shot on the 9 and it would still be a 15 minute rack.

That being said, that was some nice shooting in between his pacing around.
He's run through me a couple times and it sure as hell didn't take him that long to shoot.

That's his job and he's pretty damn good at it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Enjoy!

No offense bro but that was akin to Chinese water-torture. WHY they have no clock is beyond me.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like Niels, but that was painful to watch. It was so bad, it's s no wonder pool isn't televised. If an event is televised, 30 second shot clock with no extensions. If they really are pros, let them deal with it, they will adjust when they realize that greater viewership brings greater prize money.

aBd

No offense bro but that was akin to Chinese water-torture. WHY they have no clock is beyond me.
In snooker they don’t have a shot clock either. Like I said this was the finals and it was hill hill, which in my opinion slow play in this kind of situation is very much tolerable. Plus you have to remember that Niels is not a slow player by any means. If one player is wasting a lot of minutes on every shot, on purpose, then I’m all in for a shot clock, but like I said the situation here was different.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In snooker they don’t have a shot clock either. Like I said this was the finals and it was hill hill, which in my opinion slow play in this kind of situation is very much tolerable. Plus you have to remember that Niels is not a slow player by any means. If one player is wasting a lot of minutes on every shot, on purpose, then I’m all i. for a shot clock, but lime I said the situation here was different.
I watched him win the 9b at DerbyCity in '07. He didn't play anywhere near as slow. For pro pool to move on matches/games like this can't be the norm.

JC

Coos Cues
The only thing amazing about that rack was the three rail kick on the three. Which had much potential to turn out bad but he made a good hit and good things happened. After that Sanlisoy never got a sniff and it was just a routine rack in most ways.

I think the most remarkable thing about it was how the balls were laying after the break you probably would have gotten 25-1 odds on 15 minutes if you took the over at that moment in time.

It wasn't amazing how Neils choked and missed the combination on the 8 right out of the gate that's for sure. It was sickening and you could see it on his body language he agreed. He much deserved to lose the match for that error and was very fortunate to have the opportunity back to the table at all.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
You can thank Jesus for the right arrow key being enabled to FF 5 seconds on you tube videos watched on a modern browser. This is why you never watch pool live or on your phone.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This final rack is a strong reason the game should revert the rules back to 2 shot foul,,and put the real WoW factor back into the sport.