Some other posters I miss are:

Blud
Pelican
Joey A
CaptainJR
Williebetmore
Drivermaker
Terry Ardeno
Yes, some great folks there. CaptainJR started a thread that remains one of my favorites ... "you know you play pool too much if ..." or something close.

Drivermaker and I were on the same page often, and when not had some great, um, "discussions" on the forum and by email Bill is a great guy, we have much in common. I suspect he is on the course right now telling stories and whacking a little white ball.

Williebetmore is a legend in my mind. He helped me get a copy of Mark Wilsons book with almost full-page dedications by both of them. Don took a copy of the book to Mark to get his comments. It is a book I will cherish forever, and have Williebetmore to thank for introducing me to the book, motivating Mark to write the book and of course getting the book signed and sending it to me.

A few others (there are more but my memory is not great) I miss include:

Koop
Catscradle
My large friend from Atlanta, a Hercek collector, whose name escapes me now
Jimbo

And as Sev mentioned Terry (bluehogrider) is well, mostly gave up pool in favour of fishing.

Dave

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, some great folks there. CaptainJR started a thread that remains one of my favorites ... "you know you play pool too much if ..." or something close.

Drivermaker and I were on the same page often, and when not had some great, um, "discussions" on the forum and by email Bill is a great guy, we have much in common. I suspect he is on the course right now telling stories and whacking a little white ball.

Williebetmore is a legend in my mind. He helped me get a copy of Mark Wilsons book with almost full-page dedications by both of them. Don took a copy of the book to Mark to get his comments. It is a book I will cherish forever, and have Williebetmore to thank for introducing me to the book, motivating Mark to write the book and of course getting the book signed and sending it to me.

Koop
Catscradle
Jimbo

And as Sev mentioned Terry (bluehogrider) is well, mostly gave up pool in favour of fishing.

Dave
I chat with Koop fairly regularly. He’s doing great!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Koop
Catscradle
Jimbo

Dave
David....you brought up an old thread from before my time here...Williebetmore and Breakup...it was hilarious.
they actually played a straightpool match with Grady reffing.

And I miss Roy Steffensen...he got involved in politics in Norway...too busy

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I never posted that much so no one remembers me, but I joined when I was in college in 2005 and have been a regular lurker until the last 2 or 3 years. Had a kid and only play once a week for a couple hours now. Still love pool. It just hasn't been a priority on my hobby radar lately.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some other posters I miss are:

Blud
Pelican
Joey A
CaptainJR
Williebetmore
Drivermaker
Terry Ardeno
I had the opportunity of spending a long tournament day with captainjr and timberley, years back.

Great company that day, for sure

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did? The bondsman from North Carolina? Oh, man, I did not know that. He and I had quite a few exchanges. What was his name? I can't remember.
No, Mr bond lived is Chicago and was the human behind the Chicago Billiards Museum.

Reactions: JAM

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
What about houmatroy? Don't think I've seen him post in a long time. That's where the hurricane hit

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I chat with Koop fairly regularly. He’s doing great!
Nice ! I hope their new house is working out, it looked beautiful in the pictures I saw as it neared completion. Please tell Dave that Dave-from-Canada says hello, and that my wide and I WILL get to the Boston area someday and need those gluten-free restaurant recommendations :)

Dave

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
David....you brought up an old thread from before my time here...Williebetmore and Breakup...it was hilarious.
Ya, those threads are AZB classics. WBM, Breakup, and RudeDog are definitely among the folks I miss the most. We lost Breakup and RudeDog much too soon :(

Dave

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya, those threads are AZB classics. WBM, Breakup, and RudeDog are definitely among the folks I miss the most. We lost Breakup and RudeDog much too soon :(

Dave
John and I were good friends, we ran around Vegas together everyday in 91 or 92 for about 5-6 months