US Open 9-ball updates thread..

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think he missed one ball in that match, and he is making balls on every break! Filler barely got to the table.
You notice his head, it never moves when he shoots the 9. He’s rock solid. He showed zero nerves, I’m impressed.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fortunski has an interesting style. He shoots most his shots the same speed. Does not try to get perfect shape, if he can see it then he can make it. Fortunskihe has no problem leaving himself long.
He was smart on 2 8B’s he played what the table gave him. Didn’t get fancy & took the harder 9B shots both times. Drilled both. I like his style,

Hope your good Jim😍😊
Fatboy

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
He was smart on 2 8B’s he played what the table gave him. Didn’t get fancy & took the harder 9B shots both times. Drilled both. I like his style,

Hope your good Jim😍😊
Fatboy
All good here!
Fortunski does not over think the table. Has a good pace and pops those balls in with conviction.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Anyone check the odds for the betting favorite of the last 16? SVB or Gorst?

Morra, Biado, Geronimo, He
Fortunski, Oi, Appleton/Teutscher, SVB
Yapp, Grabe, Lechner, Orcollo,
Chua, Alcaide, Gorst, Ruiz

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Anyone check the odds for the betting favorite of the last 16? SVB or Gorst?

Morra, Biado, Geronimo, He
Fortunski, Oi, Appleton/Teutscher, SVB
Yapp, Grabe, Lechner, Orcollo,
Chua, Alcaide, Gorst, Ruiz
And again, all Americans out, SVB in final 16, almost the same year after year. I guess that American belief that gambling makes you a better player don't really compare much to PRACTICE like you WANT to be a PROFESSIONAL POOL PLAYER!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most European and Asian countries have legitimate development programs that are funded by the government. They view it as a real sport. Until something like that happens in the US, we will play second fiddle to players from other countries.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Morra is American IMO, he lives here most of the time. Still pretty disappointing there are not more.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most European and Asian countries have legitimate development programs that are funded by the government. They view it as a real sport. Until something like that happens in the US, we will play second fiddle to players from other countries.
I've been making the point for years that America now sucks at pool. Every time I say it I get dumped on and with every world class tournament I'm proven right again. We've got SVB and nobody. I would have only been worse if Taiwan and China were here.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Morra is American IMO, he lives here most of the time. Still pretty disappointing there are not more.
Well ask him , I'd bet high he doesn't think that , he learned pool in Toronto from his dad he's very proud to be Canadian and he should be

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If thats so, then Morra, and Shaw should play for Team America in the next Mosconi Cup, then maybe we'd have a chance of winning!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jason Shaw lives in Connecticut, owns s pool room there too, do you consider him American too?
nah he has a funny accent lol j/k

ask him, I don’t think he wants to be American

I like him, oddly enough we have the same tattoos on opposite arms.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well ask him , I'd bet high he doesn't think that , he learned pool in Toronto from his dad he's very proud to be Canadian and he should be

I think your probably right, I’ll ask him next time I see him. His heritage is 100% 🇨🇦. It really shows up in his snooker game.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nah he has a funny accent lol j/k

ask him, I don’t think he wants to be American

I like him, oddly enough we have the same tattoos on opposite arms.
I will let him be American when he learns to speak where it doesn’t sound like he is talking with about 50 marbles in his mouth. :)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last 16 matches.

28F3898D-983C-4DDA-837D-CFC121EFE8EE.jpeg