SVB vs Chang Update Thread

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will respectfully disagree with you here. There is nothing classy, from either player, about halting a race to 120 at 115-115 and making it a race to 155. The players are beat at 115 so they agree to take a break and then talk about how cool the other guy is? Surely a long race is a long race - and at 115 if both players are dead, they should play on to see who is least dead. That surely is the whole point of a long race. Not that I watched, or was interested, or want to watch races to 120 so I don't even know why I'm posting.....
Thank you for sharing.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I crazy for thinking any side bets made at the start should be nullified when the guys stopped and changed the game? It seems at that point you should be agreeing to say "I'm good" or lets put it into the final race to 40. Fresh start.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
This is a good point too. Since TAR 1 when the first race to 100 was played, everyone and their mother knew its a brutal format, and the players will be dead by the end. We've had so many of them now, and why in the world would anyone extend it to 120? 100 is already a long enough stamina test. One must conclude choosing 120 instead of 100 must have been in order TO make it more a stamina test. But then to quit the stamina test when it has actually been tested? Well that was the whole point. The whole match format made no sense.
It wasn't typical... This was WAY more brutal than a typical race to 40 for the day. They both cared so much about it and Chang was just naturally a really slow player that play had slowed down so much... They went till almost 400 am local to me where typically they were ending before midnight. That's going to be hard on anyone. I don't blame them for wanting to wait till the next day to finish and I don't blame them for not wanting it to be a race to 5 the next day.

Jaden

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wasn't typical... This was WAY more brutal than a typical race to 40 for the day. They both cared so much about it and Chang was just naturally a really slow player that play had slowed down so much... They went till almost 400 am local to me where typically they were ending before midnight. That's going to be hard on anyone. I don't blame them for wanting to wait till the next day to finish and I don't blame them for not wanting it to be a race to 5 the next day.

Jaden
Then why not just play a race to 40 in the first place?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I don't understand why everyone here is so bum hurt. They decided like men to stop at 115 and then do another 40 the next day. They only are beholden to each other and their backers. Everyone else has an opinion and a belly button. Regardless if I bet or was just watching from interest I have nothing to say in the matter. The stream was free the next day and thus they kept up with their side of the transaction. Now anyone who had a bet with a spread or any bet for that matter has the right to work it out with the other party. Nobody else has a say.

From what I saw they fought like champions and after 3 LONG days decided they would rather fight tomorrow fresh. Now if everyone wants to put on their tin foil hats and conjure up some sort of grassy knoll grand cabal conspiracy well...it's your party. Do as you do.

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
I don't understand why everyone here is so bum hurt. They decided like men to stop at 115 and then do another 40 the next day. They only are beholden to each other and their backers. Everyone else has an opinion and a belly button. Regardless if I bet or was just watching from interest I have nothing to say in the matter. The stream was free the next day and thus they kept up with their side of the transaction. Now anyone who had a bet with a spread or any bet for that matter has the right to work it out with the other party. Nobody else has a say.

From what I saw they fought like champions and after 3 LONG days decided they would rather fight tomorrow fresh. Now if everyone wants to put on their tin foil hats and conjure up some sort of grassy knoll grand cabal conspiracy well...it's your party. Do as you do.
This is pretty much how I see it. They are the players in this match and they are only beholden to each other and the backers.

I had a few different bets on this match. 3 bets that were even and 1 bet where I was taking Shane and laying 5 games. 120-115 would have been a push. I messaged everyone I was betting with what they wanted to do. No action? Extend the bet? First to 120? I gave them a few options. The people I was betting even with just extended the race and the person I was giving 5 games to called off the bet. I was happy with however they wanted to handle it. It ended up working out for me because I had Shane. What any person should have done is just communicate with they person they are betting with. It is real easy and solves most of the problems that people seem to have here.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

(y)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jaden
Screenshot_20210922-113312__01.jpg

Playing pool all night is what they chose.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly!!!! The comments from lots of non-bettors - or haters - are so idiotic. Just pure jealousy and hatreds. Why do you care what happened between the bettors? It is NONE of your business. The "real" backers/bettors have an "understanding" that NONE of you would understand. "TheMarsMan" didn't have a problem of extending the race, and there were 3 other backers who had bigger pieces than him (and if you know anything about pool & gambling, you surely know JMars is pretty well known as a WHALE). LOL

If I were Mike Howerton or JerryF, I would change AZB and make everyone post with their real names, or link with FB Names. It would surely grow AZ Forums, imo. It would be really funny to see how everyone's behaviors changed - For The Better. 🤣

Gambling is the Main catalyst for pool to grow, just like poker - Poker would never be this big without gambling. Period. If you want to see pool grow, gambling will be the true power for it. If there's no gambling in professional pool, it would be 100000000% DEAD.
There are elements of truth to what you say, but it is a pretty short-sighted summary.

As a one off, yeah...what they do is a blip.

'Pool never fails to fail'. I read that somewhere

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you bet on a race to 120 games and gave up 8.5, then at 112 it was over - regardless of where it went from that point IMHO. If you bet and agreed with the perspective above then you probably paid off - if you didn’t see it that way, then that’s between you and the person you bet with.

I had no bets on this match so my opinion isn’t worth the time it took me to type this at the end of the day. It’s up to the parties who had action on it to decide if they’re satisfied and act accordingly - which it looks like all did.