Shaw vs Orcollo OmegaTv thread

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope they put up a 20 dollar deal for day 4. I'd buy it if it's close. Don't have time to watch it all, but like to see these guys finish this.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last chance to see Dennis play for awhile. He's heading home after this match and won't be back until DCC.

When you are acclaimed as the best Filipino player for many years, that is saying something! And that's what they've said about Dennis for going on ten years now. No question that Shane has been the best American player for an equal length of time but let's be honest about where the best players are, and it's not here. I have seen "unknown" players (only to us foreigners) in the Philippines who could spot the second best players in this country. And win!

I remember watching Roland Garcia play a strong European player in a money game in Angeles City a good ten years ago, and just wipe him out. I thought who is this guy. He plays great. It was only years later he showed up here and started taking names. I also saw Carlo Biado play years ago before he ever came to the USA and became the CARLO we all know now. There are more there just like these two guys!

Last edited:

8intheside

Last chance to see Dennis play for awhile. He's heading home after this match and won't be back until DCC.

When you are acclaimed as the best Filipino player for many years, that is saying something! And that's what they've said about Dennis for going on ten years now. No question that Shane has been the best American player for an equal length of time but let's be honest about where the best players are, and it's not here. I have seen "unknown" players (only to us foreigners) in the Philippines who could spot the second best players in this country. And win!

I remember watching Roland Garcia play a strong European player in a money game in Angeles City a good ten years ago, and just wipe him out. I thought who is this guy. He plays great. It was only years later he showed up here and started taking names. I also saw Carlo Biado play years ago before he ever came to the USA and became the CARLO we all know now. There are more there just like these two guys!apeaking of
I don’t think Dennis gets the credit he deserves, I think he’s the best “all-around“ player in the game today. Speaking of how strong unknown players From the phillippines can be. I heard a story told by Johnny archer. He said he had just won the world championship, and had been over there. It was late night,and he was in his hotel that happen to have a table. A local guy asked Johnny to play and wanted action, I think the bet was 100 bucks. It was a race to 12 and Johnny won 12-11!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don’t think Dennis gets the credit he deserves, I think he’s the best “all-around“ player in the game today. Speaking of how strong unknown players From the phillippines can be. I heard a story told by Johnny archer. He said he had just won the world championship, and had been over there. It was late night,and he was in his hotel that happen to have a table. A local guy asked Johnny to play and wanted action, I think the bet was 100 bucks. It was a race to 12 and Johnny won 12-11!
There you go. Most hotels over there have a 9' table in the bar area. Your story reminds me of the first time Shane went there. It was like 2008 or earlier. I told him that when he walked into a poolroom even young kids will ask him to play and they don't care who he is. He just laughed at me. Well the first poolroom we went to that is exactly what happened. Shane beat the house man and they brought a teenager in to play him. I didn't know the kid, but I was told he was 18. They played for $500 (25,000 pesos), a big bet over there. This kid put some real heat on Shane but to his credit he got down on his belly and won the match 11-9. Afterward Shane looked at me and said simply, "That kid played good!"

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Why did they do it!!!!!
They just had to put diarrhea mouth back on commentary. C'mon Omega, anyone but JG, for the love of all things pool!
What makes it even worse, is Roberts is an interesting fella, and now I can't even turn on the sound....
I was 3 racks in yelling SHUT THE FUCK UP, SHUT THE FUCK UP, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! Mute is my friend

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I remember watching Roland Garcia play a strong European player in a money game in Angeles City a good ten years ago, and just wipe him out. I thought who is this guy. He plays great. It was only years later he showed up here and started taking names. I also saw Carlo Biado play years ago before he ever came to the USA and became the CARLO we all know now. There are more there just like these two guys!
There 30 euros that could spot everybody but Shane and win, probably more

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I got a 20 dollar bet with Dennis giving Shaw 20 games. Just to make it interesting

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sometimes feel same way about JJ. Yes, he's very knowledgeable but he just won't STFU. I don't need/want EVERY SINGLE FKNG SHOT described in detail. JG is a helluva guy btw. He does a lot of junior lessons/clinics in the Midwest. Definitely paying it forward. He's got a FB page. Let him know how you feel. He's looking to be better at whatever he does. Runs 10+ mi EVERYDAY and has turned into weight lifting fiend on top of playing pool.

Last edited:

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sometimes feel same way about JJ. Yes, he's very knowledgeable but he just won't STFU. I don't need/want EVERY SINGLE FKNG SHOT described in detail. JG is a helluva guy btw. He does a lot of junior lessons/clinics in the Midwest. Definitely paying it forward.
I hear ya bud, it’s like he’s having a conversation with himself in his head in front of a mirror with no punctuations… it’s one giant friggin run on sentence… infuriating!
ok I’ll lay off, I’m sure he’s a good dude and all.