WORLD 10 BALL CHAMPIONSHIP (28March-1April2022), Las Vegas, Winner $60K

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is embarrassing.
This cloth just plain sucks. Shane was looking at the cueball like where the hell are you going and are you going to stop? Cueball just going forever, kind of like the POS cyclops cueball did back at DCC.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I find myself rooting hard for the Taiwanese players and this is new territory for me. I've always admired their play, but don't often find myself cheering for them. Guess I'm just so glad to see them back in competition.

Let's see if two years away from competition will slow them down or whether they can reproduce the excellence with which they've always been associated. Few would question that Ko Pin Yi and JL Chang are among the top ten players in the world, but are they ready to prevail over a tough field like this one? I'm guessing not, but what a story it would be if one of them rose to the occasion.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
72 year old Jose Parica turned in a remarkably strong performance against Oscar. He lost by 2 or 3 games, but damn that was strong for someone his age.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
All praise Jose Parica. I remember when this guy was an absolute monster. Afraid of nobody and even beat Efren 6 times in a row in tournaments. The first of the Pilipino invasion and one of the best ever.
I'd call Parica the best "ten ahead race" player of the entire nine-ball era. Awfully few were willing to try their luck against him, and he'd give spots to stone cold champions.

Nice to see he's got a little gas left in the tank.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
72 year old Jose Parica turned in a remarkably strong performance against Oscar. He lost by 2 or 3 games, but damn that was strong for someone his age.
But for a couple of missed opportunities Jose could have won that match. Amazing play from a man about to turn 73 years young.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is one of the very cool things about pro pool- you can see different generations directly compete against each other.

True, Parica was better decades ago, but he is still pro speed.

Basically, that isn't true for any other sport except maybe golf.

The only exception may be Tom Brady- he'll probably still be playing QB in the NFL at 72 :p

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find myself rooting hard for the Taiwanese players and this is new territory for me. I've always admired their play, but don't often find myself cheering for them. Guess I'm just so glad to see them back in competition.

Let's see if two years away from competition will slow them down or whether they can reproduce the excellence with which they've always been associated. Few would question that Ko Pin Yi and JL Chang are among the top ten players in the world, but are they ready to prevail over a tough field like this one? I'm guessing not, but what a story it would be if one of them rose to the occasion.
I've been a Big Ko fan for a long time now, since I first saw him in Vegas invitational I think... definitely a threat at every tourney he plays.
Chang as well, just a machine.