The Quite Eye

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You do realize the ob is 7 inches away from the 5" opening side pocket? The balls went in but not in the same path.
Of course I realize it was 7" away. I'm the one who told you to put it there for teaching purposes so we could be on the same page. When playing pool the only thing that matters is the pocketing of the ball as opposed to missing. I never said Shiskabob and the way we were doing it was going to produce a dead center pocket trajectory. I don't know why you're assuming it unless, of course, it's just another little piss ant way of trying to nitpick every thing that you can possible.

The point is, they went in with the same CB to OB alignment, CENTER TO CENTER. There was ZERO connecting the dots on two balls or overlaps as there would be for GB, Contact points, Fractions or anything else. CENTER TO CENTER made those shots!

The other part was the tip of the cue alignment which was identical from one shot to the next, to the next, to the next. If you had taken it further to the first donut on the end rail, that also would have been pocketed. Not as cleanly, but the OB would have gone in the same way as all the others with the IDENTICAL CUE TIP ALIGNMENT AND PIVOT. Could it have gone in cleanly? Hell yes with a hair more pivot for insurance because it just could have been. It does take some knowledge from experience.

Here you are doing something for the FIRST TIME with visuals you aren't used to seeing, pivoting you aren't used to doing and may not even be correct, or your eyes and brain telling you things it's never seen before to alter midstroke which could have happened. I also wanted you to start with center to center to center between OB, CB, and cue tip with an OUTSIDE pivot.
You didn't want to do it and refused to try or do it.

WTF is wrong with you? Show me any other aiming system outside of CTE itself that can produce IDENTICAL VISUALS and setup to make that many different cut angles go INTO a pocket. YOU CAN'T because it doesn't exist.

There are other things that are done to address greater cut angles like increasing the pivot distance across the CB instead of stopping at CCB or instead of aligning the two balls center to center they become center to A or C or Center to edge with pivot knowledge to go from there.

Your whole intent is to try to find stupid ass nit-picky ways why this doesn't work when it in fact does like a charm just as CTE does and you will NEVER, NEVER in a million years admit it even though you did admit that all of those balls went into the pocket using an identical setup and pivot for different cut angles. It doesn't matter whether the OB is 7" from the hole or greater. Nor does it matter whether it went in dead center or a little off center as long as the balls go in whether it's for demonstration and learning purposes or in a tournament. Balls go in!

When your hand heals up, try again and glean whatever you can and want out of it and come to your own conclusions which I already know what they'll be. But it's NOT going to be with my knowledge and tutoring because I know where it's headed in the end. You and PJ will always be the same with nothing changing your mission.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot regarding CTE...BUY THE BOOK. Then the two of you can go totally nutso bat shit crazy together trying to pick apart every page of 400 pages. That'll fill the time and void until both of you croak.

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
<snip>Dan argument</snip>.......Or do you think the subconscious makes a last minute adjustment during the last stroke which in my opinion would lead to steering the cue causing the use of body English.
Although I will agree that by definition any deviation from the intended stroke could be coined "steering". The sticking point here is what consitutes "intended stroke"...? So we're on the same page. I don't consider 'body english' (aka chicken wing) the same as 'steering'. For sake of the discussion, I'm going to use the word 'steering' to represent minute adjustment on the final stroke. If you feel 'steering' should represent something else then please let me know.

So... If you adhere to the idea that your initial aim is flawless and the final stroke should be whatever your conscious mind has decided then yes, any adjustment would be classifed as steering. However if you are the breed of player that entertains the concept of subconscious shooting (zone if you will). Then the final stroke is whatever the subconscious decides it should be so you're not steering the final shot. You're just letting it happen. All that sounds some like existential crap, and that's not how I perfer to explain things, but it fits, so there you have it. If the conscious mind determines aim adjustments are required during practice strokes, are you not steering from the standing aim line..? You're always steering to some degree.

Body english is a different discussion.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
That's what ("it works!"), not how.

You can say that about every system that works for anybody. I guess they're all "exact" - great news!

pj
chgo
How it works is by performing CTE exactly as it's laid out in the videos, book, or private lessons with Stan.
One last step on "how". Get offa your dead, ancient, all-knowing ass about everything and start the above.
Don't want to? Too bad. Get a life then.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
If you take any practice strokes, even one, you are micro adjusting while down at the table.

A cat wiggles their butt before pouncing. They are looking at their target while wiggling. Wiggling is their practice strokes. It's much more pronounced with a cat than with a human (with good fundamentals and aim) but it's there. Maybe your practice strokes feel perfect from the beginning. That's good, it means you are down on the shot correctly with great fundamentals. You saw the shot. That's the goal. But if you ever need a couple strokes to get the "feel" you're micro adjusting with the kinetic feel of the strokes. Calibration.

Quiet eye gives you the opportunity to actually feel/see the shot. A slow transition somewhere in your shot gives a chance for quiet eyes. The cat's butt stops wiggling before the final successful pounce. Many instructors suggest a pause at the back before the final stroke. Some good players (Efren) pause at the CB and do the back/forward stroke in one motion. The thing here is not necessarily where, but just giving an opportunity for quiet eyes.

If you're playing hot and quick, you may play good, getting in dead stroke. Eventually you will miss and it can probably be attributed to rushing or not giving time for quiet eyes.

It's good practice (at the practice table not in a match) to try shooting with no practice strokes. It will tell you a lot about your stance and why we practice stroke. Even by taking no practice strokes, you're probably letting your stroke take care of the micro adjustments without ever knowing it, especially if you have a nice transition at the back of the stroke while coming forward.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
How it works is by performing CTE exactly as it's laid out in the videos, book, or private lessons with Stan.
One last step on "how". Get offa your dead, ancient, all-knowing ass about everything and start the above.
Don't want to? Too bad. Get a life then.
So you’re only here to advertise it, huh? Like we’ve said all along.

Take it to the For Sale forum.

pj
chgo

dquarasr

Registered
This is sad. A thread started about a quite (sic) eye and a pause to ensure the shot is lined up devolves (and quickly!) into a debate about CTE.

Pathetic.

Aren’t you guys tired of DECADES of benign, inane arguing flinging the same comments back and forth at each other? Is there something so lacking in your lives where you get a deranged satisfaction perpetuating this meaningless debate?

Sorry (not sorry), but you (BOTH SIDES!) have made virtually every thread in this sub-forum a middle-school name-calling childish exercise in futility where neither side will ever convince the other, or anyone neutral reading this drivel.

It might be the vodka talking, but CHRIST ON A BIKE, CAN YOU GUYS CALL A TRUCE FOR A MONTH?!?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
This is sad. A thread started about a quite (sic) eye and a pause to ensure the shot is lined up devolves (and quickly!) into a debate about CTE.

Pathetic.

Aren’t you guys tired of DECADES of benign, inane arguing flinging the same comments back and forth at each other? Is there something so lacking in your lives where you get a deranged satisfaction perpetuating this meaningless debate?

Sorry (not sorry), but you (BOTH SIDES!) have made virtually every thread in this sub-forum a middle-school name-calling childish exercise in futility where neither side will ever convince the other, or anyone neutral reading this drivel.

It might be the vodka talking, but CHRIST ON A BIKE, CAN YOU GUYS CALL A TRUCE FOR A MONTH?!?
CTE users NEVER post unless it's an advertisement. @JB Cases @SpiderWebComm @cookie man do you agree with this or think it's BS?

3 "Defenders" againt 3 "Critics?"

Must be personal bias. 🎤👈👇

At least they were quiet for a week or so.

EDIT: How many Facebook™ post happened this last week?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE users NEVER post unless it's an advertisement. @JB Cases @SpiderWebComm @cookie man do you agree with this or think it's BS?

3 "Defenders" againt 3 "Critics?"

Must be personal bias. 🎤👈👇

At least they were quiet for a week or so.

EDIT: How many Facebook™ post happened this last week?
Advertisement = BS. We’ve tried over and over to be helpful to the critics. They don’t want to learn CTE. They just chime in to tear it down.

PJ and Dan fired the first CTE shots. We were talking about the subject at hand but they kept talking CTE. It’s what they do.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
lol

At least I'm not stuck with that adolescent mind in my... what... 40s?... 50s?...
Hell, you had an adolescent mind in your 40s and 50s starting back on RSB. Now you're in your mid 70's and still act like
an adolescent jerkoff.
pj <- and judging by the pics I've seen of you, I'd rather have my butt too
chgo
ROTFLMAO! Do I have your permission to post a pic of you on here for everyone to see and come to their own
conclusion of what somebody posing as a great mind and pool player really looks like? Can we interpret silence means YES?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Lol... That's about a +/- 10° margin for error from center pocket.
But with poolology, newbies trying to use it would be groping and gasping at trying to figure out which fraction to see and pick to make those shots. "Is it this one or that one...no, it must be the other one. I can't find CCB. This looks screwy and like too much work. Now what was that part about all the math based on the diamond locations and shot line. I need a calculator, compass, and T-square. I think I have it. CRAP, I MISSED!"

The setup was for me to have a way to control and see the exact same thing as Dan was seeing just to learn the visuals and PIVOTS. The ball going in was secondary. It apparently served its purpose because he MISSED all of them as a result of not pivoting the right way.

Could I have had him throw balls out randomly with all kinds of cut angles from mild to severe and not knowing what he was doing or supposed to be doing? Sure, and it would have been a disaster with nothing to learn.

You can be a real wise ass and should learn to keep your nose out of where it doesn't belong, especially when you don't know what's really going on and why.

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'

Pathetic.

Hey I'm all for discussing Quiet Eye, and how it plays into aim/shooting. They can't pull me into the other BS. Their mojo isn't anywhere near strong enough. ;)

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey I'm all for discussing Quiet Eye, and how it plays into aim/shooting. They can't pull me into the other BS. Their mojo isn't anywhere near strong enough. ;)
I have to agree, but Dan and PJ will keep trying to pull you in

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course I realize it was 7" away. I'm the one who told you to put it there for teaching purposes so we could be on the same page. When playing pool the only thing that matters is the pocketing of the ball as opposed to missing. I never said Shiskabob and the way we were doing it was going to produce a dead center pocket trajectory. I don't know why you're assuming it unless, of course, it's just another little piss ant way of trying to nitpick every thing that you can possible.

The point is, they went in with the same CB to OB alignment, CENTER TO CENTER. There was ZERO connecting the dots on two balls or overlaps as there would be for GB, Contact points, Fractions or anything else. CENTER TO CENTER made those shots!

The other part was the tip of the cue alignment which was identical from one shot to the next, to the next, to the next. If you had taken it further to the first donut on the end rail, that also would have been pocketed. Not as cleanly, but the OB would have gone in the same way as all the others with the IDENTICAL CUE TIP ALIGNMENT AND PIVOT. Could it have gone in cleanly? Hell yes with a hair more pivot for insurance because it just could have been. It does take some knowledge from experience.

Here you are doing something for the FIRST TIME with visuals you aren't used to seeing, pivoting you aren't used to doing and may not even be correct, or your eyes and brain telling you things it's never seen before to alter midstroke which could have happened. I also wanted you to start with center to center to center between OB, CB, and cue tip with an OUTSIDE pivot.
You didn't want to do it and refused to try or do it.

WTF is wrong with you? Show me any other aiming system outside of CTE itself that can produce IDENTICAL VISUALS and setup to make that many different cut angles go INTO a pocket. YOU CAN'T because it doesn't exist.

There are other things that are done to address greater cut angles like increasing the pivot distance across the CB instead of stopping at CCB or instead of aligning the two balls center to center they become center to A or C or Center to edge with pivot knowledge to go from there.

Your whole intent is to try to find stupid ass nit-picky ways why this doesn't work when it in fact does like a charm just as CTE does and you will NEVER, NEVER in a million years admit it even though you did admit that all of those balls went into the pocket using an identical setup and pivot for different cut angles. It doesn't matter whether the OB is 7" from the hole or greater. Nor does it matter whether it went in dead center or a little off center as long as the balls go in whether it's for demonstration and learning purposes or in a tournament. Balls go in!

When your hand heals up, try again and glean whatever you can and want out of it and come to your own conclusions which I already know what they'll be. But it's NOT going to be with my knowledge and tutoring because I know where it's headed in the end. You and PJ will always be the same with nothing changing your mission.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot regarding CTE...BUY THE BOOK. Then the two of you can go totally nutso bat shit crazy together trying to pick apart every page of 400 pages. That'll fill the time and void until both of you croak.
Like I said the other day I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you on this. You seem insistent to accuse me of saying things I never said or implied. I will set up the shots again and will get back to you by pm. This public forum thing doesn't help.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Advertisement = BS. We’ve tried over and over to be helpful to the critics. They don’t want to learn CTE. They just chime in to tear it down.

PJ and Dan fired the first CTE shots. We were talking about the subject at hand but they kept talking CTE. It’s what they do.
My first couple of posts were on topic and had to do with what "looks on" means to you, a CTE user. After that, my posts were mostly defending myself from incorrect statements made by spider. I haven't posted here since 4 am Saturday and this will be my last post unless someone takes another shot at me.