Shane Van Boening on "60 Minutes," December 4, 7:30 p.m. Eastern

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
It's all incremental. One more grain of sand.
What's the key demographic that sponsors/advertisers look for? Wonder what the average age of a 60 minute viewer is?
Nice segment but not gonna change anything.
Pool and gambling are like peanut butter and jelly and that's what should be promoted. I'm sorry. Maybe I should of said 2 man tournament.
Always thought Harry Platis' idea of doing pool like jai alai was genius

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Go Shane

Attachments

• IMG_20221204_172218171.jpg
    IMG_20221204_172218171.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 82

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It's with all tv episodes that have anything to do with pool. There's never much pool. There's more story life, expectancies, things that work out, or don't. There would never be a quick show of a good runout, which is what I was hoping for. If pool is treated like a sideshow, it's always going to be a sideshow.

Some is better than none, but nobody will be referring to this clip much in the future, sadly.

VTEC John

It was a positive story with appeal to a wide audience (otherwise 60 Minutes would never have presented it). It has the potential to attract the notice of other content-hungry outlets, broadcast, print and online. That in turn could have some useful impact of the sort pool hasn't enjoyed since post-Color of Money. Except this time Matchroom, not someone like Don Mackey, would be holding the reins and trying to make the most of it. I'm glad it aired.

VTEC John

Bullshit, complete 100% bullshit. Just like every thing else you post, about SVB. Your axe to grind, your personal bias, it screams.
Agreed. Aside from his genuine-or-not likability, how can anyone think that a positive story about a pool world champion with a disability is not engaging content? Not to be too mercenary, but the fact of Shane's hearing loss was an asset in this story.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought it was a thoughtful, well done piece with National exposure bonus. I had never seen Emily before. She seems sharp and is easy on the eye đź‘€

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. Aside from his genuine-or-not likability, how can anyone think that a positive story about a pool world champion with a disability is not engaging content? Not to be too mercenary, but the fact of Shane's hearing loss was an asset in this story.
I agree with your assessment wholeheartedly!

Everyone in this segment was honest, believable and did an excellent job in front of the camera.. Really wonderful story...

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its too bad they didn't pan over for 5 seconds and show the grand trophy case in that poolroom (The Breakroom) where Shane was shooting around with the interviewer. The case is impressive.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
when minnesota fats went on tv and shot or just as a guest viewers went crazy and watched.

that should tell all what we need to know about advancing pool.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Its too bad they didn't pan over for 5 seconds and show the grand trophy case in that poolroom (The Breakroom) where Shane was shooting around with the interviewer. The case is impressive.
The segment was just under 14 minutes. The Derby city segment must've been shot a year ago, as it's coming up again next month. They coverage Jayson Shaw record. I think Matchroom was this year at Atlantic City. I can imagine the amount of work that went into this segment, and had to be trimmed.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was that a commercial pool room that shane owns? Or was it Shane's personal table and room only he has access to? Or something else?

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Watched it online on my phone here in Switzerland (not available on TV here.)

Excellent segment that I hope will attract corporate sponsors.